Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Fauci Files Coming Soon

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

More died from the flu then the covid mandate that was meant to save .
Why don't I put the some content of this article on here where we can read it . Good one jasonc !
Fauci should serve time . https://www.ocregister.com/2022/06/05/lockdowns-were-a-failure/

"The lockdowns were a failure.
An analysis of studies of the effects of lockdowns on COVID-19 mortality has just been released by a team of researchers at Johns Hopkins University, and their conclusion is depressing.

“Our study finds that lockdowns had little to no effect in reducing COVID-19 mortality,” they wrote. “However, lockdowns during the initial phase of the COVID-19 pandemic have had devastating effects.”

One of the papers reviewed by the Johns Hopkins researchers, “COVID-19 Pandemic: A Review of the Global Lockdown and Its Far-Reaching Effects,” published in the journal, “Science Progress,” concluded that “the impact of the lockdown has had far-reaching effects in different strata of life, including; changes in the accessibility and structure of education delivery to students, food insecurity as a result of unavailability and fluctuation in prices, the depression of the global economy, increase in mental health challenges, wellbeing and quality of life amongst others.”
Other studies reviewed by the researchers found that lockdowns had contributed to political unrest, domestic violence, and the undermining of liberal democracy."

Please read the rest at link .

Hi jasonc
More died from the flu then the covid mandate that was meant to save .

You lost me. No one 'died' from the Covid mandate. It was just a rule and you either followed it or you didn't, but no one was going to send anyone to the gas chamber over it.

Honestly the rest of your response really seems to still be about other issues that you believe should have been handled differently. Look, write your Congress person.

God bless,
Ted

Hi jasonc

You lost me. No one 'died' from the Covid mandate. It was just a rule and you either followed it or you didn't, but no one was going to send anyone to the gas chamber over it.

Honestly the rest of your response really seems to still be about other issues that you believe should have been handled differently. Look, write your Congress person.

God bless,
Ted
The flu killed the person despite the mandate and well about that ,cancer patients denied during covid.my wife nearly was that stat.

Hi hawkman

You probably haven't heard about that report, I'm guessing. It was a working paper that a 'professor' of Johns Hopkins wrote. He is an economics professor. Now, his expertise in economic matters may well show that the lockdowns were an abject failure as far as keeping our economy running. That's where his data is from.

the three authors were economists rather than medical, epidemiology, or public health experts. Isn’t that a bit like three proctologists telling you how the economy is doing? It’s not clear how much economists alone would understand the complexities and subtleties of medicine and public health. After all, if you were to end up in the emergency room with an injury, “don’t worry an economist will be around shortly to re-attach your arm” may not be the most comforting thing to hear.
Herby, Jonung, and Hanke themselves used the term “working paper” to describe what they had put together.

So this is three economics professors kicking around some ideas about how badly the economy was failed by the lockdowns. I don't think there's anyone denying that and we're still trying to climb out of that hole.
A working paper is not the same as a peer-reviewed study published in a reputable scientific journal just like how a YouTube video of you getting pelted with sausages would not be the same as a full-length Hollywood movie. Basically, anyone who has access to the Internet, a laptop/smartphone, and opposable thumbs, can post a “working paper” on a website. So while it is clear that meerkats alone did not write and post this working paper, take anything that it said with 17 Ugg boots full of salt.

Anyway, if that's your reason for standing against the government's efforts to protect us from a health crisis, then so be it.

God bless,
Ted

Anyway, at this point it's hopefully all ancient history that will one day find itself in the history books of children all over the world, at least until the next one.

God bless,
Ted

HI jasonc

But no one died from the mandate. Your example died from Covid.

God bless,
Ted
[/Q
No one does from the FBI and fdr led govt forcing Americans into camps

Self isolation and my suicide of course wouldn't have a covid positive on my death record but to say it can't or didn't occur as you are ordered to stay home .

See I had papers allowing me to work .just in case and in leftist states they arrested you if outside .

Hi hawkman

You probably haven't heard about that report, I'm guessing. It was a working paper that a 'professor' of Johns Hopkins wrote. He is an economics professor. Now, his expertise in economic matters may well show that the lockdowns were an abject failure as far as keeping our economy running. That's where his data is from.

the three authors were economists rather than medical, epidemiology, or public health experts. Isn’t that a bit like three proctologists telling you how the economy is doing? It’s not clear how much economists alone would understand the complexities and subtleties of medicine and public health. After all, if you were to end up in the emergency room with an injury, “don’t worry an economist will be around shortly to re-attach your arm” may not be the most comforting thing to hear.
Herby, Jonung, and Hanke themselves used the term “working paper” to describe what they had put together.

So this is three economics professors kicking around some ideas about how badly the economy was failed by the lockdowns. I don't think there's anyone denying that and we're still trying to climb out of that hole.
A working paper is not the same as a peer-reviewed study published in a reputable scientific journal just like how a YouTube video of you getting pelted with sausages would not be the same as a full-length Hollywood movie. Basically, anyone who has access to the Internet, a laptop/smartphone, and opposable thumbs, can post a “working paper” on a website. So while it is clear that meerkats alone did not write and post this working paper, take anything that it said with 17 Ugg boots full of salt.

Anyway, if that's your reason for standing against the government's efforts to protect us from a health crisis, then so be it.

God bless,
Ted
Strawman . Attack the authors of the study and not say a word about their numbers that showed the abysmal failure of the lockdowns . Nice try . https://health.wusf.usf.edu/health-...ed-lockdowns-did-little-to-limit-covid-deaths There is a copy of the report in this link .

I will always stand against our Govt. doing stupid stuff . miamited let me know what you think about the link in post #20 .

Strawman . Attack the authors of the study and not say a word about their numbers that showed the abysmal failure of the lockdowns . Nice try . https://health.wusf.usf.edu/health-...ed-lockdowns-did-little-to-limit-covid-deaths There is a copy of the report in this link .

I will always stand against our Govt. doing stupid stuff . miamited let me know what you think about the link in post #20 .
Think of all the flu deaths these mandates if permanent would simply end .

What about alcohol deaths 60000 per year die from a drunk driver .yet they would scream prohibition and yet no where in the constitution is the right to restrict freedom like this granted to the healthy .

The mandates allowed pot usage and drinking ,you could go by a few and enjoy a few in a hookah joint but not in a church .

The economist took studies and compiled them using medical data.

Hi Aaron

I say that they are as welcome to their understanding as anyone else. Personally, from what I've seen, most of their work has been based on some faulty medical practices and misunderstood data.

Listen, you're free to believe as you will about medical, faith, educational, moral issues as you like. You're 'facts' just don't line up with mine. Sorry.

BTW looking at the GREAT BARRINGTON DECLARATION, I see that it currently has 935,000 signatures. The vast majority of whom are just general John Does that likely have as much medical expertise as you or me. Only 60,000 or so are related to the medical fields in some way. That's really not an overwhelming and resounding proof of their position to me, when you're speaking of world totals. It's estimated that there are some 59 million people in the medical fields across the globe. Now surely not all of those are doctors or epidemiologists, or of a part of the medical profession that one would trust to know about such a thing as the spread and prevention of airborne diseases. But really, you're choosing to follow the medical advice that .001% of the medical field is telling you is the truth over the other such professionals, which would be practically the entire 59 million. Ok. Like I say, you're welcome to believe whatever 'truth' you think is true.

God bless,
Ted

God bless,
Ted
By what standard do you consider yourself a better judge of the data than the authors, Doctors Kulldorff, Gupta, and Bhattacharya of Harvard, Oxford, and Stanford, respectively?

Hi Aaron
By what standard do you consider yourself a better judge of the data than the authors, Doctors Kulldorff, Gupta, and Bhattacharya of Harvard, Oxford, and Stanford, respectively?
Look, I sent you the link and you're free to read it as you like. From what I've gleaned it's likely a matter of the choices that each of us have already made as to 'who' we find truthful sources for our information.

You are willing to trust some manifesto that some 60,000 medical people have signed while there are over 58 million medical people who aren't signed on there. For me, that brings up a serious problem of believability. I'm 67 years old and I know that in nearly every decision of action, there are always those who are for and those who are against. In a democratic system, the 60,000 wouldn't stand a chance against the 58 million. It's just a fact...however, you are free to believe that or not.

I've never been one to go looking for the advice that the smallest group of people are making over the advice of the larger group, unless there's some proof that the larger group's position is questionable. In this matter I don't find there to be any question because I happen to know and agree that there is only one good way to stop and airborne sickness from spreading. That's don't breath the expended breath of others. That is accomplished by distance and filter. It just is and it's just how the physical universe that God made works.

For me, and I think honestly for most of the nation. While we have really hated the after effects of such a policy. The policy itself was the best course of action.

So, the standard by which I consider myself a better judge of the data comes from the fact that I've looked at the data and it doesn't support this reality that the authors of this study want to tell you is the true reality of what's going on, or went on, out there during the pandemic.

God bless,
Ted

However, let me repeat. It's pretty much over. There aren't likely to be any more 'somewhat enforced' mandates over this last pandemic. But there will likely be more, if God allows the earth to continue to exist much longer, and there will likely be similar responses when that time comes...and there will likely be the same group of detractors shaking their fists against them. It's just the fact of human nature with a large body of people being governed.

Just maybe you should consider such things . Read this link and tell me what you think . I am appalled reading this .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unethical_human_experimentation_in_the_United_States
Hi hawkman

Well, I skimmed it. It really isn't something that has any bearing on this issue, but thanks for the heads up.

Now you said that you wanted to know what I think about the article?
The ethical, professional, and legal implications of this in the United States medical and scientific community were quite significant, and led to many institutions and policies that attempted to ensure that future human subject research in the United States would be ethical and legal. Public outrage in the late 20th century over the discovery of government experiments on human subjects led to numerous congressional investigations and hearings, including the Church Committee and Rockefeller Commission, both of 1975, and the 1994 Advisory Committee on Human Radiation Experiments, among others.

See, when such things happen in the U.S. we find out about it and we route it out. Now this is discussing medical testing or research that is done in private. Do you really believe that all the medical testing and research regarding Covid was done in private? But that isn't at all what has happened in our quest to beat the Covid virus.

So, I suppose your article may have some salient points about the subject which it is discussing, but I really don't see that any of this applies to how we diagnosed and treated the Covid outbreak. Tell me, what private testing do you think was done that people don't know about?

Many of these experiments violated US law.

Do you have evidence of testing done for Covid that violated U.S. law. I mean just because some report makes a claim that there are cases where testing violated U.S. laws, doesn't ipso facto mean that every case of testing in the U.S. violates U.S. law. Do you have a claim where a particular or several tests done to work on the Covid pandemic violated U.S. law?

Honestly, as one reads through that article, I find that it is important to note that every example is from pre-1970. So, we've apparently lived now for over 50 years without a single example of illegal methodology as applies to this subject. Hmmm. The medical fields have either gotten a lot better at hiding it...or they don't do it, certainly as much, if any. You see, with the advent of everyone carrying around a recording device, a lot of 'wrong' things get corrected pretty quickly these days.

God bless,
Ted

I note that even your section covering pathogens, disease and biological warfare agent used examples that seem to have ended in the 60's. I don't think that anyone, in touch with reality and of an older age, doesn't remember some of the grotesque methods used during early 1900's, for medical tests. However, I will ask again, do you know of any illegal testing done by any group studying and working on the Covid matter? Because once again, just because someone can prove that something did happen, doesn't mean that it always happens.

Hi Aaron
In other words, @miamited , the basis upon which you judge is politics.

No, I believe that the fight of the detractors is based on politics. They're all about, "Look what the Biden administration allowed to happen. Or, as in this case, it would be look what the Trump administration allowed to happen. Or, as also seems in this case, it's about pillaring Dr. Fauci because he didn't follow the advice of, what so far, has been some 60,000 medical people around the world that have disagreed with his attempts to combat the issue as he did. While there are several million who will attest that it was the best thing to do, given the circumstances.

Me, I'm just looking at the facts. But I am selective in what I believe the 'facts' are and also how the 'facts' are interpreted.

God bless
Ted

Well, I skimmed it. It really isn't something that has any bearing on this issue, but thanks for the heads up.
The issue is what you said below .
Honestly, I'm not one to have ever considered that the Govt. of the U.S. was ever my enemy or in any way wanted to do me, or allow, harm to me.
Thank you for skimming and considering . But you did yourself a great disservice by not reading it all .
There may arise an emergency as deemed by the authorities and the solution for said emergency will be to partake of an experiment and it will be for our safety, see how that works ? . Just all out in the open, nothing hidden .
Now you said that you wanted to know what I think about the article?
The ethical, professional, and legal implications of this in the United States medical and scientific community were quite significant, and led to many institutions and policies that attempted to ensure that future human subject research in the United States would be ethical and legal. Public outrage in the late 20th century over the discovery of government experiments on human subjects led to numerous congressional investigations and hearings, including the Church Committee and Rockefeller Commission, both of 1975, and the 1994 Advisory Committee on Human Radiation Experiments, among others.
After all that political hand-wringing heads should have rolled and prison time for the guilty parties !
Many of these experiments violated US law.
Now I am sure after you saying this there should have been a LOT of prison time served for the crimes the researchers committed . Believe it or not so far I have not found any instances of jail time for the researchers . Maybe you can miamited .

A law with no enforcement will be of little deterrent .
See, when such things happen in the U.S. we find out about it and we route it out. Now this is discussing medical testing or research that is done in private. Do you really believe that all the medical testing and research regarding Covid was done in private? But that isn't at all what has happened in our quest to beat the Covid virus.

So, I suppose your article may have some salient points about the subject which it is discussing, but I really don't see that any of this applies to how we diagnosed and treated the Covid outbreak. Tell me, what private testing do you think was done that people don't know about?
I see no routing out, all I see is political hand-wringing .
Do you have evidence of testing done for Covid that violated U.S. law. I mean just because some report makes a claim that there are cases where testing violated U.S. laws, doesn't ipso facto mean that every case of testing in the U.S. violates U.S. law. Do you have a claim where a particular or several tests done to work on the Covid pandemic violated U.S. law?
I have found out our past history points to the way things go in the future . If I had evidence or claim to make would I share them here ?
Honestly, as one reads through that article, I find that it is important to note that every example is from pre-1970. So, we've apparently lived now for over 50 years without a single example of illegal methodology as applies to this subject. Hmmm. The medical fields have either gotten a lot better at hiding it...or they don't do it, certainly as much, if any. You see, with the advent of everyone carrying around a recording device, a lot of 'wrong' things get corrected pretty quickly these days.
I have had a recording device with me for my entire life, haven't you miamited ? The bold part , we will now talk about one of the experiments or study as they called it, that lasted from 1932 until 1972 . Forty years of madness .
I note that even your section covering pathogens, disease and biological warfare agent used examples that seem to have ended in the 60's. I don't think that anyone, in touch with reality and of an older age, doesn't remember some of the grotesque methods used during early 1900's, for medical tests. However, I will ask again, do you know of any illegal testing done by any group studying and working on the Covid matter? Because once again, just because someone can prove that something did happen, doesn't mean that it always happens.
Speaking of "blowing the whistle", how much longer do you thing the Tuskegee Syphilis Study would have continued without Peter Buxton coming forward ? Did any researcher involved serve prison time miamited ?
Please let me know if you read the Tuskegee link or just skim over it .

Hi hawkman
Thank you for skimming and considering . But you did yourself a great disservice by not reading it all .
I seriously doubt it. I just choose not to spend a lot of time reading about conspiracies. I trust the government of the U.S. to treat me in a reasonable and fair way, so long as I stay on the good side of the nation's laws. I know for a fact that Dr. Fauci is a respected and very well trained expert in immunologist with tons of training on infectious diseases.

He's been the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1948. Friend, I'm sorry, but Dr. Fauci gets my utmost respect for all that he has done and endure to keep us alive as best he knows how. It doesn't bother me that the government of the U.S. encourages me to wear a mask or stand apart from others or stay inside as much as I can when 10,000 people a day are dying just here in the U.S. And the same thing is happening all around the globe.

Now, you're welcome to push this message of hate and distrust all you like, but I ain't buying it!
Now I am sure after you saying this there should have been a LOT of prison time served for the crimes the researchers committed
Maybe. I wasn't there and again, I really don't care about crimes committed 70 years ago in our nation. Look, listen, pay attention here. There was a time in our nation that we believed that black men were some kind of animal and didn't deserve to be treated with the dignity and respect that every white man wanted. I wasn't a part of that and I don't support that idea, but it's over! There's nothing I can do about it. And, as regards your point, if the government is still doing such things as you say where nobody knows about medical experiments that are ongoing, fine! Get it out here. Name, names and places and dates and times. But the handling, by the U.S. government of the pandemic was not any such event. It was wide out in the open. Everyone was involved and knew what was going on. If someone didn't want the virus, they didn't have to get it. Although, because others believed in the virus and wanted to keep themselves and others safe, they might experience limited entry into businesses.

Yes, I had no problem, at the height of the issue when we had no idea how to handle this disease that was just killing thousands of people, that companies chose to close down rather than risk being a hot bed for transmission and losing all of their work force because a couple of people came in infected and passed it around to a crowd of people. Most of whom, at the beginning, were dying. DYING!!!! You know what that is, right? You don't get to comeback yet, you know?

But again, if you see it all differently, that's ok with me. Just know that I see it like I'm explaining and the science backs it all up, if one chooses peer reviewed medical work on the matter. I honestly have no idea why anyone would choose three economists to decipher medical data. Why not get a real medical person that has experience in immunology and infectious diseases to tell you what's going on. It doesn't have to be Dr. Fauci, but I'm sure not taking the word of a couple of economists to decipher medical data. If what they found was true and the implications of what they found did follow what they believe to be the truth, then by now, this 'working paper' would not still be just some working paper by a couple of idiots and it would have been picked up by millions, not a few thousand, doctors and we'd be going in a different direction. Ahhhh, but that's not the case is it?
I have had a recording device with me for my entire life, haven't you @miamited
I have no idea what you're referring to, but no, I'm not going to rehash some issue with 70-100 year old medical work. You're welcome to go there if you like, but it is of absolutely no value to this discussion, so you're going there alone.
Speaking of "blowing the whistle", how much longer do you thing the Tuskegee Syphilis Study would have continued without Peter Buxton coming forward ? Did any researcher involved serve prison time @miamited ?
Why don't you spend more time working on the slavery issue. Write a treatise on that and tell us how we could have fixed it in 1832. You want to rehash errors of the past, and then without any evidence at all, make the claim that because things happened in the past they must still be happening. Uhhhhh, sorry, nope, I ain't going there either.

God bless,
Ted

Maybe. I wasn't there and again, I really don't care about crimes committed 70 years ago in our nation.
When does your ability to care return, 30 years ago , 10 years ago , 2 years ago ?
I have no idea what you're referring to, but no, I'm not going to rehash some issue with 70-100 year old medical work. You're welcome to go there if you like, but it is of absolutely no value to this discussion, so you're going there alone.
I believe you .
Why don't you spend more time working on the slavery issue. Write a treatise on that and tell us how we could have fixed it in 1832. You want to rehash errors of the past, and then without any evidence at all, make the claim that because things happened in the past they must still be happening. Uhhhhh, sorry, nope, I ain't going there either.
Good idea maybe I should . While you may not care about the long past problems, at least I got you to consider them in light of today . I apologize if I got you flustered with my comments .

Back