Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Females As Leaders/Pastors Of Males In Evangelical Churches.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
The point was crystal clear. Not sure why you are trying to place a teaching on top of something you got wrong in the first place. Apostles carry the same weight as an OT prophet, and they come with signs and wonders and have authority to write scripture. You and I, and nobody either of us know or have known is or was one.
Apostles are above prophets.
Prophets did some miracles
Prophets saw the suffering o Christ but longed to know what it meant.
We are to seek the higher spiritual gifts and offices.
Just because we seek th higher office does not mean the Holy Spirit is going to give us that office.

Apostles preached Jesus. Instead of dealing with hidden symbols of the law, they could show how Jesus fulfilled the law. The two women being two covenants was not a problem for an apostle.

Ok I just broke Silence. Sorry.

eddif

Just because we seek th higher office does not mean the Holy Spirit is going to give us that office.

Apostles preached Jesus. Instead of dealing with hidden symbols of the law, they could show how Jesus fulfilled the law. The two women being two covenants was not a problem for an apostle.

eddif
No need to apologize. Some account had to continue it. I said what I said knowing full well that the perpetuation of distraction to cover the initial mistake was coming. Heck, one might even say I participated, but for now lets leave it in the realm of "the distraction psychology worked!" just for the sake of entertaining what goes on in certain people's heads. 😉

If it is permissible for woman to hold all offices.

Kindly define what a man is and wife.

Titus says if a man desires to be a bishop he must be apt to teach ,rule his house well,have one wife .

Using ephasians and also Peter epistle the idea of the male headship is defined.

The point was crystal clear. Not sure why you are trying to place a teaching on top of something you got wrong in the first place. Apostles carry the same weight as an OT prophet, and they come with signs and wonders and have authority to write scripture. You and I, and nobody either of us know or have known is or was one.
And whose authority are we still under and who can limit God in who He calls to take His word out into the world!

BTW, please do not tell others they are wrong just because you do not agree. This comes against the ToS 1.1 and 1.3.

eddif
No one is above their master, Christ Jesus, who by God's Holy Spirit in whom God wants to work through us, be it apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. 1 Corinthians 12:28.

I will never forget that day back in 1997 when God's Holy Spirit told me audibly that He had much for me to do. From that day on God has equipped me to be His faithful disciple taking His word out into the world.

For any who may have missed this one:
The Evangelical Church is caving in like warm butter
on the social issues, first with women preachers then with
homosexual preachers (as my OP demonstrates)

And whose authority are we still under and who can limit God in who He calls to take His word out into the world!

I've always thought that women got the short end of the stick. They're under man's authority and God's authority and suffer through childbirth. Not only that, but would you make me a sandwich?!

Plus, geez it's easy to see women are the fairer sex. I don't see how women put up with men, lol.

But the Lord is all about saving souls and gathering His own to Him, He is no dummy and if one woman could help to bring one more soul to Him, then God is going to be all over that. These are the last days! The Lord is able to speak through women just fine. Anyone without eyes to see that is preoccupied with blurry vision and needs glasses.

Note to the thread:
I am a realist and not an idealist. That means that I am
well aware that women preachers within Evangelicalism, are
not only here to stay, but that they will grow in numbers.
One
of my major points in the OP is to point out to Evangelicals,
that when they accept females as preachers in their churches
that means they will also end up accepting practicing
homosexuals as preachers in their churches ~ first came
their acceptance of women preachers/pastors. Now the
same arguments used to justify them accepting women
as their preachers/pastors are also used to get them to
accept practicing homosexuals as their preachers/pastors.
Which they are now in the process of doing. It was not
an accident that the Women's Empowerment Movement
came BEFORE the Homosexual Empowerment Movement.
The two movements go hand in hand.

Start quote.
"But evangelical churches and their congregations typically remain opposed, though that opposition is weakening. Support for gay marriage across all age groups of white evangelicals has increased by double digits over the past decade, according to the Public Religion Research Institute. Support among the oldest evangelicals grew from 1 in 20 in 2003 to 1 in 5 in 2014. But the fastest change can be found among younger evangelicals, whose support for gay marriage jumped from 20% in 2003 to 42% in 2014."
End quote
Source:

JAG

``

Note to the thread:
I am a realist and not an idealist. That means that I am
well aware that women preachers within Evangelicalism, are
not only here to stay, but that they will grow in numbers.
One
of my major points in the OP is to point out to Evangelicals,
that when they accept females as preachers in their churches
that means they will also end up accepting practicing
homosexuals as preachers in their churches ~ first came
their acceptance of women preachers/pastors. Now the
same arguments used to justify them accepting women
as their preachers/pastors are also used to get them to
accept practicing homosexuals as their preachers/pastors.
Which they are now in the process of doing. It was not
an accident that the Women's Empowerment Movement
came BEFORE the Homosexual Empowerment Movement.
The two movements go hand in hand.

Start quote.
"But evangelical churches and their congregations typically remain opposed, though that opposition is weakening. Support for gay marriage across all age groups of white evangelicals has increased by double digits over the past decade, according to the Public Religion Research Institute. Support among the oldest evangelicals grew from 1 in 20 in 2003 to 1 in 5 in 2014. But the fastest change can be found among younger evangelicals, whose support for gay marriage jumped from 20% in 2003 to 42% in 2014."
End quote
Source:

JAG

``

That is the best reason so far to keep women out of the pulpit.

It is obvious, at least in Western cultures, that women are equal to men in terms of all mental, emotional, and spiritual activities. There is no reason -- NONE -- that women shouldn't be in any and all levels of church leadership and authority.

For any who may have missed this one:
The Evangelical Church is caving in like warm butter
on the social issues, first with women preachers then with
homosexual preachers (as my OP demonstrates)

What makes you think that women and/or homosexuals can't be church leaders (or preachers, as you call them)? Is there some genetic reason to exclude them, e.g., they can't discern God's will or ..?

It is obvious, at least in Western cultures, that women are equal to men in terms of all mental, emotional, and spiritual activities. There is no reason -- NONE -- that women shouldn't be in any and all levels of church leadership and authority.
Just part of Western culture.
Some of us still believe what is written by the prophets and apostles.

What makes you think that women and/or homosexuals can't be church leaders (or preachers, as you call them)? Is there some genetic reason to exclude them, e.g., they can't discern God's will or ..?
They may be able to discern God's will perfectly, but their actions show they have no reverence for it.

Thanks for confirming one of my OP's major propositions.
Please continue to present your position loud and clear
and incessantly into the ears of Evangelicals and be sure to
tell them that you claim to be a Christian too.

JAG

``

Just part of Western culture.
Some of us still believe what is written by the prophets and apostles.
Some of us believe God, who created man and woman in His image: "God created humankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them, male and female he created them." Genesis 1:27 and Paul, when he wrote "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female—for all of you are one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28

Thanks for confirming one of my OP's major propositions.
Please continue to present your position loud and clear
and incessantly into the ears of Evangelicals and be sure to
tell them that you claim to be a Christian too.

JAG

``
I don't claim to be Christian, I am a Christian.

Some of us believe God, who created man and woman in His image: "God created humankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them, male and female he created them." Genesis 1:27 and Paul, when he wrote "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female—for all of you are one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28
And, the woman was formed after Adam, and sinned first.
For that, and in light of her defined roll of help-meet for the man, (Gen 2:18), she is denied leadership in a church. (1 Tim 2:13-14)

And, the woman was formed after Adam, and sinned first.
For that, and in light of her defined roll of help-mate for the man, she is denied leadership in a church. (1 Tim 2:13-14)
By whom? BTW, are you under law or under grace? The former is of no value to Christians, even newly-created "law" by applying ancient social principles to modern churches.

Back