Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

First impression of new board

Tell us about your first impression

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I was just about to say the only thing missing was reba's rolling pin, and then i saw it, so instead I'll say this is one good looking forum..

Great Job!

tob

Stovebolts, you forgot to pack the rolling pin :sad

1096525-Clipart-3d-Orange-Man-Holding-Happy-And-Sad-Balloons-Royalty-Free-CGI-Illustration_zps458805aa.jpg
Rolling Pin? Hmmmm... would measuring spoons work in a pinch? ;) Did you get it? I said "pinch". That's almost a pun.

Measuringspoon_zps8f7dd395.jpg

I saw a perfect one for you, but didn't save it. Will grab it next time.

For those concerned about light text being hard to see, don't worry, it will be getting fixed in the coming days.

I'm sure it will be okay eventually; maybe even better than the last site, but for the moment I'm getting used to it, gradually.

Blessings.

Wow, simple but elegant. I like it...:) thanks to all the staffs who are working on this site, God bless you all!

I like it, though I still think the marquee at the top is moving too fast. Is there any way to slow down the transitions?

Thanks, Edward. :)
Did I ever say I like your avatar, too? Very impressive and big dog lying on his/her back in a gesture of submission and trust. It's like s/he is unaware that s/he is a dangerous animal and rather preferes to be a cuddly animal instead. So maybe that mirrors your personality? ;) Or is it about how we should surrender (figuratively show our bellies) to God regardless of how strong and mighty we think we are?

I play chess sometimes, but I'm rather bad at it. The friend I usually play against is just as bad and we usually end up with a perfectly symmetrical constellation of pieces left on the board on each side. Then we call it a draw and have another coffee together. :biggrin

This new board doesn't show us who has been on in the last 24 hours, so I wonder if some people don't know how to get on.
I save this site in my bookmarks but when I click it on, it comes up "no page".
I had to google christianforums.net to get back on.

This new board doesn't show us who has been on in the last 24 hours, so I wonder if some people don't know how to get on.
I save this site in my bookmarks but when I click it on, it comes up "no page".
I had to google christianforums.net to get back on.
That's because you probably saved a url from the old site instead of just http://christianforums.net and the new site uses a different url

Edit your favorite to just read http://christianforums.net and you'll never have to worry about that again. Ohhh,,, and we hope to have a new home page that's integrated into the forum etc later today or early tomorrow.

He knows. He's just peaceful at heart and only gets dangerous in extreme circumstances. Most of the time he acts as if he wouldn't hurt a fly (wont even chase cats or squirrels), but if he perceives a threat or gets angry and focused...he has been very intimidating. Now that you mention it...yeah, much like me. :)

Many big dogs are like that. They have the spirit of a warrior, but a meek and friendly heart. I'd want to be like that, too.
My last roommate had a huge and mighty dog who was really a peaceful. He once caught a mouse with his teeth, and proudly brought it to his humans. They were shocked about that predatory behaviour of their little (well not so little anymore at that time) pup and examined to poor rodent. But the dog had been so careful the mouse was unharmed. Just very wet and probably traumatised.

So it's not, who wins the game, but rather...who loses first? (makes the most blunders!) lol That's funny.
It's more like we're helping each other figuring out what the best moves would be for each of us. That'd explain how we always end in a draw.
Maybe that's defeating the purpose of a competition..... :tongue

Well I think it is going to be just fine.
I couldn't figure out what was bugging me for awhile.....
It's the colors, I feel like I should be shopping for baby clothes BUT I'm sure I will get used to it. ;)

The new board doesn't appear to quote quotes very well. In other words in can quote the other person, but not their quote, the previous quote of your own and their response (three quotes in a quote box).

Back