Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Fox News Poll: Most Americans think Trump lacks "mental fitness" to be president.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hi MayGodHeal

You know your blind dislike of the present administration is causing you to make wildly unfounded statements. The EV surge has been going on long before Pres. Biden was elected to office by a majority vote of both the public and the EC. But, you are, of course, welcome to see things as you like. Under the 'facts that are in line with reality', under the Biden administration, much like most others, there have been some good things accomplished and some not so good things accomplished, as any individual might perceive things.

Consider that the Grump oversaw the largest free money giveaway in the history of our nation. $3.3T in Covid relief. A vast amount of it going to people who didn't need it, but Grump was just so excited about everyone in the country receiving a check with his name on it.

Example: My son worked for Intel when the pandemic began. He made just under 100k and never lost a day of work. In fact, under the pandemic restrictions he made money because he didn't have to drive to work and he didn't have to eat out for lunch. Saving him probably $10/day in fuel and meal costs. While still drawing his regular salary. Shortly after the pandemic started he interviewed for Apple and went to work for them with a 40k increase in salary, plus a 150k stock investment as a 'sign on' bonus. Guess what? Grump made sure that my son took some money out of your pocket.

I'm retired and my income didn't go down one red cent throughout the pandemic, and since most of my 'income' is stock investment growth, the slight initial loss when the markets fell has now been made back. But my income was stable because it's not based on my investments in the market. I get SS and have a 401k draw and another small draw from an investment account. It's all still there and was always there throughout the entirety of the pandemic. Guess what? Grump sent me a check, too.

So, you want to talk about wasteful government spending. That $3.3T was half of the debt increase that we gained under the Grump administration. And today, under the Biden administration, both myself and my son are doing better than we ever were under the Grump one. So, I think for a vast amount of the working populace, those checks were a free giveaway of government money that was totally unnecessary.

Not only did the Grump giveaway your money to people that didn't really need it, but he gave away a pile of revenue through tax cuts that benefitted people such as himself, more than people like you and I.

God bless,
Ted

Biden was touting about the F150 lightning being really fast trying to push them. And also who is currently in office and on their 2nd debt ceiling crisis?

I didn't single out this administration for our spending problems which has been going on for far too long. I am blaming them for the 2nd debt ceiling crisis when they spent all kinds of money they don't have.

Before Biden was in office the amount of EVs on the road was under 1%. The Biden administration propped them up to have gullible people buying them then have all kinds of battery recalls. Bush and Obama set the stage for them by driving up fuel prices. Nancy Pelosi's husband bought millions in EV stock right. It was a political push for their greed. Some people already fell for it. Some people actually want them and thats fine. But thats not the intention, the intention was to end ICE forcing people to either buy an EV or take public transportation. Either way think about how much money these politicians would have made from suckers buying an EV.

Hi MayGodHeal
Biden was touting about the F150 lightning being really fast trying to push them. And also who is currently in office and on their 2nd debt ceiling crisis?
Ok, so the president is working to encourage industry. As for the other claim. You honestly don't seem to know much about that issue. Here's a link on the history of the debt: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_United_States_debt_ceiling

You'll find out that this issue of hitting the debt ceiling has long, long been a part of our government's financial process. In fact, in 1953 Congress refused to raise the ceiling and we went for a year trying to pay our bills without going insolvent, just as we nearly did today. Do you have a clue what the 'facts' are surrounding this issue? You're just a mad, angry citizen that just can't get over the Grump lost. Newsflash: Get over it! The nation is much, much better off with him back to being just a mad, angry, stupid, rich citizen.

From bgrdc.com: The United States has raised its debt ceiling at least 90 times in the 20th century. It has never been reduced. Since 1962 until 2011, the debt ceiling was raised 74 times, including 18 times under former President Ronald Reagan, eight times under former President Bill Clinton, seven times under former President George W. Bush, and five times under former President Barack Obama. From 2001, Congress has raised the debt ceiling 14 times from 2001 to 2016.

But honestly, I'm not sure what you're referring to as '2nd debt ceiling crisis'. But it was raised 3 times under the Grump administration. So President Biden is pretty much right on track with his predecessor on that metric.
Before Biden was in office the amount of EVs on the road was under 1%. The Biden administration propped them up to have gullible people buying them then have all kinds of battery recalls. Bush and Obama set the stage for them by driving up fuel prices. Nancy Pelosi's husband bought millions in EV stock right. It was a political push for their greed. Some people already fell for it. Some people actually want them and thats fine. But thats not the intention, the intention was to end ICE forcing people to either buy an EV or take public transportation. Either way think about how much money these politicians would have made from suckers buying an EV.
All of that's just noise from someone who just doesn't happen to like the trajectory of transportation in the world. You're not alone. When trains began moving people there were those who thought a person would die if they moved at 30mph. https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/67806/early-trains-were-thought-make-womens-uteruses-fly-out

Have a laugh at how people such as yourself used to fear monger such silly ideas through ignorance. But look. I get it. You're not happy with the current administration and that's certainly allowed. Be happy! It won't be forever. In another couple of years, or 6 more years depending on the next election, you'll have someone else to kick around. You should also be glad that in your lifetime, if you so choose, you'll likely be able to drive an ICE vehicle as much as you want.

God bless,
Ted

Hi MayGodHeal

Ok, so the president is working to encourage industry. As for the other claim. You honestly don't seem to know much about that issue. Here's a link on the history of the debt: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_United_States_debt_ceiling

You'll find out that this issue of hitting the debt ceiling has long, long been a part of our government's financial process. In fact, in 1953 Congress refused to raise the ceiling and we went for a year trying to pay our bills without going insolvent, just as we nearly did today. Do you have a clue what the 'facts' are surrounding this issue? You're just a mad, angry citizen that just can't get over the Grump lost. Newsflash: Get over it! The nation is much, much better off with him back to being just a mad, angry, stupid, rich citizen.

From bgrdc.com: The United States has raised its debt ceiling at least 90 times in the 20th century. It has never been reduced. Since 1962 until 2011, the debt ceiling was raised 74 times, including 18 times under former President Ronald Reagan, eight times under former President Bill Clinton, seven times under former President George W. Bush, and five times under former President Barack Obama. From 2001, Congress has raised the debt ceiling 14 times from 2001 to 2016.

But honestly, I'm not sure what you're referring to as '2nd debt ceiling crisis'. But it was raised 3 times under the Grump administration. So President Biden is pretty much right on track with his predecessor on that metric.

All of that's just noise from someone who just doesn't happen to like the trajectory of transportation in the world. You're not alone. When trains began moving people there were those who thought a person would die if they moved at 30mph. https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/67806/early-trains-were-thought-make-womens-uteruses-fly-out

Have a laugh at how people such as yourself used to fear monger such silly ideas through ignorance. But look. I get it. You're not happy with the current administration and that's certainly allowed. Be happy! It won't be forever. In another couple of years, or 6 more years depending on the next election, you'll have someone else to kick around. You should also be glad that in your lifetime, if you so choose, you'll likely be able to drive an ICE vehicle as much as you want.

God bless,
Ted

No, the government is spending money they don't have on electric vehicles and STILL doesn't have enough buyers. GM is planning 2 plants for gas vehicles, not electric. They just keep racking up more debt because the politicians are not responsible with the money they have.

The Biden administration is a huge failure. They bet on EVs and they lost that bet. You keep giving excuses on why these politicians get a free pass for all the wrong they do but we don't like Trump because why? He didn't push electric vehicles, he lied? Spent too much taxpayer money? Other than the electric vehicle thing the other politicians keep doing. Lies to the American people and manipulate them to the next thing they want to force. These people spend too much money they have problems with the debt ceiling.

When you have a credit card maxed out you have to pay the monthly fees or you won't get another one. Credit cards are supposed to be for emergencies, not shopping sprees.
Taxpayer money is the same way.

People would love to see how much taxes they had given to the government for this electric vehicle fiasco.

This overspending is very irresponsible.

Illinois is a glaring example where high taxes isn't solving their spending problem and people are fleeing the state.

No, the government is spending money they don't have on electric vehicles and STILL doesn't have enough buyers. GM is planning 2 plants for gas vehicles, not electric. They just keep racking up more debt because the politicians are not responsible with the money they have.
Hi MayGodHeal

So, in your mind the government offering incentives for EVs is the root of all evil. Got it! Listen, and you can believe me or not, I really don't care, but you could do just a bit of research. Politicians have been spending money that they don't have since shortly after the birth of our nation. This issue of debt that we are experiencing today, may, and that's a very strong may, add some minuscule pittance to our debt situation. The U.S. government has had outrageous debt for at least the last 50 years. But you don't want to see anything but today's spending on EV projects as the bugaboo of our debt problem. Go for it!
The Biden administration is a huge failure.

Naaah! He's actually done a pretty good job overall. But that doesn't mean that I think he's done everything the way I might do it. But I'm not the least bit involved in the operation of the federal government, other than to pay my taxes each year. You aren't even going to address the 'truth' of how much the Grump raised our debt, because you like operating with political blinders on. Go for it!
This overspending is very irresponsible.
Maybe. But again, let me give you just a slight nudge into reality. EVERY INDUSTRIALIZED NATION HAS NATIONAL DEBT!!!!!! Are all the nations of the earth then, irresponsible. And if what you claim is irresponsible, then get off of complaining about Pres. Biden. If you read the link I provided, you'll know now today that every Congress since the beginning or our nation has spent irresponsibly. So, I'm just asking that you take off your blinders and begin to deal with the reality of life and not the imaginings of a wicked heart.
Illinois is a glaring example where high taxes isn't solving their spending problem and people are fleeing the state.
Right! And New York and Vermont are quite a bit higher than yours, as far as overall tax burden on a state's populace. Look, I agree with you on Illinois being a high taxed state, but that's not a national problem. That's your local problem.

God bless,
Ted

No one like paying the bill so most people will seek somewhere better to live if they have to pay high taxes.

The article says the data indicated more than 105,000 taxpayers left in the year ending July 2021, taking with them $10 billion in income.

Who's going to pay the bill as more and more tax payers leave the blue state?.

Hi MayGodHeal

So, in your mind the government offering incentives for EVs is the root of all evil. Got it! Listen, and you can believe me or not, I really don't care, but you could do just a bit of research. Politicians have been spending money that they don't have since shortly after the birth of our nation. This issue of debt that we are experiencing today, may, and that's a very strong may, add some minuscule pittance to our debt situation. The U.S. government has had outrageous debt for at least the last 50 years. But you don't want to see anything but today's spending on EV projects as the bugaboo of our debt problem. Go for it!

Naaah! He's actually done a pretty good job overall. But that doesn't mean that I think he's done everything the way I might do it. But I'm not the least bit involved in the operation of the federal government, other than to pay my taxes each year. You aren't even going to address the 'truth' of how much the Grump raised our debt, because you like operating with political blinders on. Go for it!

Maybe. But again, let me give you just a slight nudge into reality. EVERY INDUSTRIALIZED NATION HAS NATIONAL DEBT!!!!!! Are all the nations of the earth then, irresponsible. And if what you claim is irresponsible, then get off of complaining about Pres. Biden. If you read the link I provided, you'll know now today that every Congress since the beginning or our nation has spent irresponsibly. So, I'm just asking that you take off your blinders and begin to deal with the reality of life and not the imaginings of a wicked heart.

Right! And New York and Vermont are quite a bit higher than yours, as far as overall tax burden on a state's populace. Look, I agree with you on Illinois being a high taxed state, but that's not a national problem. That's your local problem.

God bless,
Ted

Excuses excuses excuses. All I hear is excuses on a Trump hater. Irrational hatred on one person while ignoring all the evil from the current people in power. So much hate on one guy while this current administration wastes money on electric vehicles that isn't even the governments job to do.

You complain about how I have so much anger against road ragers and a hypocrite when you keep bashing Trump on here when every other politician is just as bad.

No one like paying the bill so most people will seek somewhere better to live if they have to pay high taxes.

The article says the data indicated more than 105,000 taxpayers left in the year ending July 2021, taking with them $10 billion in income.

Who's going to pay the bill as more and more tax payers leave the blue state?.

Taxes go higher because politicians just doesn't get it.

Excuses excuses excuses. All I hear is excuses on a Trump hater. Irrational hatred on one person while ignoring all the evil from the current people in power. So much hate on one guy while this current administration wastes money on electric vehicles that isn't even the governments job to do.

You complain about how I have so much anger against road ragers and a hypocrite when you keep bashing Trump on here when every other politician is just as bad.

The left argued that Trump wasted taxpayer money and then turn around and do the same with electric vehicles. Then choose to ignore that waste when they hit another debt ceiling or continue to give more excuses. That's hypocrisy right there. Didn't like Trump because he was a lying, greedy president while ignoring all the theft, lies, deception and greed from our current leaders in office.

We're in Revelations. The end.

A few days ago the AU government raised the min wage to help those who are struggling.

Then a couple days later they raise interest rates and the governer says to the middle class "instead of asking for a pay rise work more hours".

Crooked.

Back