Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Futurism&TheTemple

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
H

Hitch

Should the predictions of yet another temple be correct it should not be too much to ask wrt the WHY... What reason would God have in restoring the temple?

the third temple did come. in the form of flesh that tabernacled the HOLY God who created it all.

not all futurists are sign seekers. though i can see why you say that.

There are several places in scripture, Daniel 9, 11 and 12, it talks of the sacrice being stopped. I my understanding the jews don't sacrifice to God because there is no temple. In order for sacrifices to resume there has to be a temple. 2 Thessalonians 2; 3-4 talks about the antichrist taking a seat in the temple displaying himself as God, he is the one who stops the jews from making sacrifices.

There are several places in scripture, Daniel 9, 11 and 12, it talks of the sacrice being stopped. I my understanding the jews don't sacrifice to God because there is no temple. In order for sacrifices to resume there has to be a temple. 2 Thessalonians 2; 3-4 talks about the antichrist taking a seat in the temple displaying himself as God, he is the one who stops the jews from making sacrifices.

It's possible that this prophecy has, or will have, multiple fulfillment. There have been periods of history when something of this nature has already occurred, although this does not mean that it's main fulfillment may not yet be future.

My only reason for this not being fullfilled yet is the antichrist will have authority for 42 months. At the end of the 42 months, the seventh trumpet sounds, Jesus sets his foot on Mount Zion, and we start the 1000 year reign under the kindom of God on earth.

in order for the temple to be descreted it must be holy. how will that happen since God no longers considers it important.

the sages disagree. the sages seem to get more right on jesus then most christian prophecy teachers.:yes from the few times i have read their statements.

My only reason for this not being fullfilled yet is the antichrist will have authority for 42 months. At the end of the 42 months, the seventh trumpet sounds, Jesus sets his foot on Mount Zion, and we start the 1000 year reign under the kindom of God on earth.

thightower: Yes, I see what you mean.

Jason we have discussed this before, I agree the Holy temple is where Christ abides, and now he abides in us. But to my understanding some of the jews deny the deity of Christ. So in their belief they need the temple to get forgivness of sins from God. So when by denying Jesus they will use the temple for the forgiving of sins, and in their eyes the temple will be holy. But by acepting the deity of Christ and recieving forgivness of sins, the temple is just a building. Am I right or wrong.

Jason we have discussed this before, I agree the Holy temple is where Christ abides, and now he abides in us. But to my understanding some of the jews deny the deity of Christ. So in their belief they need the temple to get forgivness of sins from God. So when by denying Jesus they will use the temple for the forgiving of sins, and in their eyes the temple will be holy. But by acepting the deity of Christ and recieving forgivness of sins, the temple is just a building. Am I right or wrong.
but in order for it be holy it must be temple of god. the third temple isnt. why cant it be that ad 70 is just that?

let me ask you this and any jew will say. jacob is the father of hebrew nation or is it abraham? if its the later he never was in the land nor isaac yet they were god's people.

but in order for it be holy it must be temple of god. the third temple isnt. why cant it be that ad 70 is just that?

let me ask you this and any jew will say. jacob is the father of hebrew nation or is it abraham? if its the later he never was in the land nor isaac yet they were god's people.

Yes I believe the temple in 70 ad was the holy temple of God. But the 3rd, I don't think it is holy in the sense of the one in 70 ad.

As for Abraham, he is the one that recieved the promise to the land of Israel, and his seed will be inumerable. But the Jacob is who the nation of Israel is named after.

Jews don't sacrifice because they're not biblical Jews. They're Talmudic Jews. The Temple is irrelevant to mosaic law. Sacrifice isn't.

1Thess2 doesn't mention Antichrist. And, the Temple it mentions couldn't be a third temple because a third temple wouldn't be of God.

Most likely, the man who took the seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God, was:

Titus-Arch.JPG

The Arch of Titus, the man whe destroyed the Temple, given to Titus for his victory over Jerusalem. The dedication on the arch reads, "The Roman Senate and People to the divine Titus Vespasianus Augustus."

20120224-Titus%20destruction%20of%20Jerusalems_durch_Titus.jpg

A painting of Titus entering the Temple.

My understanding of scripture is that 42 months after this event, the seventh trumpet sounds. And we are ushered into the 1000 year reign of Jesus Christ.

yes i know that. in my grandparents' grave and my uncles that is inscribed in hebrew. son and daughter of isreal(though their parents are literally jacob) but that doesnt negate my point.

i ask these silly and annoying questions. why? because the nation of isreal is made up people and the temple and the law are all what isreal is.

as a hebrew and also one who has this tendency to read up on judaism. i take the identify that isreal had to be all that christ.

isreal in her temple saw the heavenlies and jerusalem per jewish thought is where heaven met earth. hmm they had the oracles of god. they also had the torah for guidance and lived in it. hmm the torah. spend some time like stovebolts has and learn from the orthodox and ancient sages.

the menorah(not the channukah menorah) has seven candles. it has a center lamp called the shummah.in the channukah menorah story the center candle' wick kept the light going. while the oil was prepped. it was found having the other candles wicks pointing to it and the shummah's was towards the Holy of HOLIES. to the jews of then and today the menorah represents these things

man in his nature with gods perfection in him(adam ere the fall)
Christ the messiah(the moshiac is seen in the shummah)
each candle represents the seven atributes of man in the torah if he were to follow it. and i can list these too.

the temple then was purged and the feasts and the law restored by the maccebees. that is a cleansing of the temple and purification. the first aod archtype was a image of zeus in that temple with a pig offered on the alter.

funny thing is the aod of ad 70 was similiar to this. an image of ceaser was worshipped too and a pig was offered.

if stormcrow has links please oblidge. i cant find any on the aod and these are his statements by memory. i like to double check myself.

The reason I say anything about the 3rd temple is what the bible has to say about it. The bible teaches that 42 months after the AoD, this is when the 1000 year reign starts.

The reason I say anything about the 3rd temple is what the bible has to say about it. The bible teaches that 42 months after the AoD, this is when the 1000 year reign starts.

ok then reconcile with me the idea of know man knoweth the hour? you have time frame.

so how will the jews know what the aod is?

hmm let see

they seem to agree with the preterists.

http://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/16492/showrashi/true

daniel 9 points to ad 70 in rashi viewpoint.

I have no clue when it will take place, like you said only God knows the day and the hour. It may not even happen in our life time, and i could happen in the next 10 years, only God knows.
Jesus taught in Matthew 24 on the AoD, he refered to Daniel for when you see the AoD, those in Judea flee to the mountains.

I have no clue when it will take place, like you said only God knows the day and the hour. It may not even happen in our life time, and i could happen in the next 10 years, only God knows.
Jesus taught in Matthew 24 on the AoD, he refered to Daniel for when you see the AoD, those in Judea flee to the mountains.
ok but there will be JEWS who will have to know? or will they be closeless, its funny a blind jew that lived 10 centuries gets it.

so why do the jews of then seem to know the message of ad 70 AND MOST CHRISTIANS MISS IT?

or did you not bother with that link to AN ORTHODOX AND THE LARGEST JEWISH CENTER OF FAITH IN THE WORLD. the chabbad dudes are in miami and orlando, new york and chicago and jerusalem. just to name a few. they basically restored the dead faith of orthodox jewry as in the 1800's few believed in orthodoxy and the torah.

:toofunny:lol:toofunny

Back