Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Girlfriend Diagnosed With Covid

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
That can be scary. My wife had Covid pneumonia and almost went on a vent. When it turns to pneumonia, it's time to take it seriously.
I am sure they have you on a stronger steroid than prednisone and I'm suspecting they put you on an anti-viral?

How are you coming along?

Nope. I am on prednisone. She wanted to put me on Dexamethasone, but dex causes roid rage in me. I took it for the first time several years ago and I had to stop taking it a quarter way into the prescribed time as it changed my personality completely. I had to leave work early one day on my request because I was yelling at everyone, including patients. I really didn't want to get fired, as I couldn't control the rage.

I am not on an anti-viral either. I am on the antibiotic Doxycycline.

I don't feel like anything has changed, so I haven't gotten worse or better. I was told to expect that though. She told me it can take a while to really feel any difference.

My girlfriend nearly passed out in the shower on Monday. I and her mom encouraged her to go back to the doctor, but they sent her to the ER since she was feeling worse. They originally thought that she had a pulmonary embolism, but that had been cleared. She too has Covid pneumonia though.

She has been staying at my place since we found out that we both have Covid. This way we can keep an eye on each other. It was a good thing too since I discovered her laying down in the shower. With pneumonia, the hospital and the doctor I went to both said it's best to have someone with you. She is working from home as she has the ability to do that and we're helping each other with everyday tasks, such as cooking and walking my dog. Doing minor things is very draining on the body.

Last edited:
So, my girlfriend was diagnosed with Covid this morning. She was exposed at work by a co-worker. I also now have direct exposure through her. I don't have any symptoms, at least I don't think that I do as many of the symptoms of Covid, at least the Omicron variant as some of the same things I deal with on a regular basis.

I think my tell-tale sign will be a nasty-sounding persistent cough. I cough now, but it's infrequent and due to my asthma.
Don't sweat it. Read Psalm 91 (which I find ironic that it's COVID-19 and God reversed it). Both my grown sons had it and my granddaughter and they are fine. For most people it's like another seasonal cold or flu. The younger caught it apparently at the gym and had that alpha before the shots came out so he was sicker he said it was like something between a cold and flu. The older one and granddaughter just had Omicron apparently and he was boosted (which even the WHO is now admitting the original shot does not work much any longer with the milder case). I joked that this Omicron, although spawned from the original should be dubbed COVID-21. In a way, it's an altogether different thing.

My son asked the doctor what they should do? For the little granddaughter, treat it like a cold. He can take extra vitamin C and Zinc, they said (which coming from a medical doctor surprised me). I told him to add vitamin D to that mix as well.

Have some warm chicken soup and get well!

So, my girlfriend was diagnosed with Covid this morning. She was exposed at work by a co-worker. I also now have direct exposure through her. I don't have any symptoms, at least I don't think that I do as many of the symptoms of Covid, at least the Omicron variant as some of the same things I deal with on a regular basis.

I think my tell-tale sign will be a nasty-sounding persistent cough. I cough now, but it's infrequent and due to my asthma.

May God bless you and heal you both.

Back