Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

GOD IS A SINNER

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Who is our neighbor?
Jesus wants to know.

And did you know that the O.T. taught some doctrine which was not agreed to by Jesus/the New Testament?

You know when Jesus says:
YOU HAVE HEARD IT SAID.....

In the old testament enemies were hated,,,but Jesus said to love even our enemies because it's easy to love our friends.

So how do YOU reconcile all the verses YOU brought up?
Jesus said to hate our mother and father....
God said to honor our mother and father....

And judging from your post no. 93,,,I think you have some studying to do on God hating....
God does not hate what He created.
God loves......

The Hebrew Scriptures/Old Testament and Greek Scriptures/New Testament is a Unified Whole that is in perfect agreement. To reconcile those Scriptures requires deep meditation to Elohim/God for answers. If you or me cannot reconcile it's because we are lacking and not the Word.

So you finally quit asking questions and revealed what your about..........

Ephesians 6:12 King James Version

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

It's our duty to fight Elohim's/God's battles against Devil's/Satan's most Powerful Ministers. Asking questions is part of this battle. We will continue to ask questions.

In addition to list:

During the many years of attending Churches I never believed any of them were genuine and never trusted to become member, be Baptised or take their Communion.

One of the secrets that's not so secret is that there is no real separation between Church and State.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

It's our duty to fight Elohim's/God's battles against Devil's/Satan's most Powerful Ministers. Asking questions is part of this battle. We will continue to ask questions.

In addition to list:

During the many years of attending Churches I never believed any of them were genuine and never trusted to become member, be Baptised or take their Communion.

One of the secrets that's not so secret is that there is no real separation between Church and State.
Finally you say something I can agree with.

Roman Catholic Church Inquisition is ongoing.

For mature adults only:

This is the fruitage of the Catholic church - Jordan Maxwell
This video is against terms of service rules.

I will not allow you to use my thread for such garbage.

In addition to list:

This is because you have no trace of the Holy Spirit living in you.

In addition to list:

It's not easy to understand God. It takes decades to study His Word and ponder on it , and pray to the Spirit to teach us what does it even mean. Indeed it's virtually impossible to comprehend God .
And yet it is so easy to understand Him, when we consciously choose to turn away from Sin and turn to Karuna. Beciae God is Karuna . So what is Karuna? It is found repeatedly in the Hindi translation/ version of Bible . Karuna is a Hindi word and is a blend of Love and Compassion . It is one word for these two giants ----Love and Compassion . Karuna is Loving-kindness in English . And it took me 15 years of Bible study to learn Hod is Loving compassion. That is certainly not His only attribute, but certainly His most prominent attribute. He is Love says 1John 4:8, 1 John 4:16. The psalmist uses the Term "Unfailing Love" repeatedly. Truly God is Immortal and unfailing Love . While reminiscing my little 10 month old puppy whom I lost to my wife when she ekected to divorce me past year, the Spirit in its gentle voice told me the Love of G.O.D is reflected best in D.O.G. Both are Unfailing Love . I remember last days with my family last year....their hearts had turned so cold and hard , that when I entered the apartment I was greeted with pin drop silence and eerie coldness. The ONE who never did stop loving me was my puppy Bambi :) Always came running and just smothered me with her love . The only one who loved me in that house till the end was then my D.O.G.
Why am I writing all this ? I do not know . My apologies. God IS Love . We were sent here on Earth in this sin infected world, doomed for destruction, to learn to Love .... pure, Godly, unconditional love. Why did it take me so long to discover this one line message of Bible and Christ,I will never know . But I'm truly glad and grateful that while I'm yet alive, The Lord taught me it was all about LOVE and practicing loving kindness. Even an unbeliever Good Samaritan was saved for he had Karuna in his heart and deeds. While those who do not have this priceless gem ( Loving compassion) CANNOT be saved on the last day cautions Christ in Matthew 25:31-46.
I coined a little sentence as a daily reminder for myself "Christ is Karuna , and only Karuna will lead to (my) Salvation"
Nothing else was accepted on the last day. Whoever had deeds of this gem were saved. Whoever didnt , were locked out ....think also of the parable of virgins . I am now convinced that the "oil" they didnt have was....yup KARUNA . And was too late for them to get that oil on the last day. Just my thoughts friends . God bless everyone. May nobody ever reject anybody who loved and trusted them. I can fully empathize how the lord must have hurt from rejection on the last day

This video is against terms of service rules.

I will not allow you to use my thread for such garbage.
Yet you say "So, the end result is that God is a sinner and does the very things He tells us not to do."
Then you say "This is because you have no trace of the Holy Spirit living in you."

For me it seems this site has given you much room to share.

I must say something about "Karuna". A word I have never heard of had to look it up.. woot back to school pfft lol. I know some believers/preachers from India that never use that word.
1) Karuṇa (करुण) refers to the “pathetic” sentiment (rasa). It is one of the eight rasas mentioned in the Nāṭyaśāstra 6.15. The color associated with the karuṇa is grey (kapota), and the presiding deity of of the pathetic (karuṇa) sentiment is Yama.

According to the Nāṭyaśāstra, “The Pathetic (karuṇa) Sentiment arises from the Durable Psychological State of sorrow. It grows from Determinants such as affliction under a curse, separation from dear ones, loss of wealth, death, captivity, flight accidents or any other misfortune.”.

2) Karuṇā (करुणा, “pathetic”) refers to a specific “glance” (dṛṣṭi), according to the Nāṭyaśāstra chapter 8. This is a type of glance that expresses the ‘pathetic sentiment’ (karuṇārasa). There are a total thirty-six glances defined. The Glance in which the upper eyelid has descended, the eyeball is at rest due to mental agony, and the gaze is fixed at the tip of the nose, and there is tear, is called Karuṇā (pathetic).

Karuṇā (करुणा, “compassion”) refers to “compassion”, according to Vajrayāna or Tibetan Buddhism.—The Bodhi mind is further called Karuṇā (compassion) and the ultimate reality as Śūnyata, and when the two commingle, it is called Advaya or non-duality.

karūṇa (करूण).—m S karūṇā f (S) Pity, compassion, tenderness, mercy. karūṇā bhākaṇēṃ To appeal to pity; to make pitiful complaints; to supplicate movingly. As karūṇā signifies (not pitiful accents or speech, but) pity, the explication of the phrase is, to speak so that pity be excited. Ex. myāṃ ka0 bhākitāṃ thōra || uḥśāpa bōlilā kubēra || For other ex. see bhākaṇēṃ. See under dayā certain common compounds.

karūna (करून).—prep By or through: noting means or instrumentality, medium or channel. 2 Used as although not so correctly as hōūna in the sense of Of one's own accord.

Not a word I would ever use...

Yet you say "So, the end result is that God is a sinner and does the very things He tells us not to do."
Then you say "This is because you have no trace of the Holy Spirit living in you."

I must say something about "Karuna". A word I have never heard of had to look it up.. woot back to school pfft lol. I know some believers/preachers from India that never use that word.
1) Karuṇa (करुण) refers to the “pathetic” sentiment (rasa). It is one of the eight rasas mentioned in the Nāṭyaśāstra 6.15. The color associated with the karuṇa is grey (kapota), and the presiding deity of of the pathetic (karuṇa) sentiment is Yama.

According to the Nāṭyaśāstra, “The Pathetic (karuṇa) Sentiment arises from the Durable Psychological State of sorrow. It grows from Determinants such as affliction under a curse, separation from dear ones, loss of wealth, death, captivity, flight accidents or any other misfortune.”.

2) Karuṇā (करुणा, “pathetic”) refers to a specific “glance” (dṛṣṭi), according to the Nāṭyaśāstra chapter 8. This is a type of glance that expresses the ‘pathetic sentiment’ (karuṇārasa). There are a total thirty-six glances defined. The Glance in which the upper eyelid has descended, the eyeball is at rest due to mental agony, and the gaze is fixed at the tip of the nose, and there is tear, is called Karuṇā (pathetic).

Karuṇā (करुणा, “compassion”) refers to “compassion”, according to Vajrayāna or Tibetan Buddhism.—The Bodhi mind is further called Karuṇā (compassion) and the ultimate reality as Śūnyata, and when the two commingle, it is called Advaya or non-duality.

karūṇa (करूण).—m S karūṇā f (S) Pity, compassion, tenderness, mercy. karūṇā bhākaṇēṃ To appeal to pity; to make pitiful complaints; to supplicate movingly. As karūṇā signifies (not pitiful accents or speech, but) pity, the explication of the phrase is, to speak so that pity be excited. Ex. myāṃ ka0 bhākitāṃ thōra || uḥśāpa bōlilā kubēra || For other ex. see bhākaṇēṃ. See under dayā certain common compounds.

karūna (करून).—prep By or through: noting means or instrumentality, medium or channel. 2 Used as although not so correctly as hōūna in the sense of Of one's own accord.

Hi Blade...
Apparently you have something to say, but I can't figure out what it is!
Maybe it's because it's late here and I have to sign off soon.

I do hope you understood my O.P.
I am NOT saying that God is a sinner...but it's a nice catchy title, isn't it?
And would you not agree that this is a dilemma for calvinists?

Also, I happen to love all Christians. Even Catholics.
The CC made many mistakes in the past...it was the only church around and you know what they say:
Absolute power-
corrupts absolutely.
But it's nothing like that these days, and why bring up such unpleasant ideas?
I remember when the Protestants had witch burnings.
In Calvin's day protestants also burned other protestants at the stake.

I prefer not to dwell on this, to tell you the truth.
And that video IS against TOS rules.

As to your word study:
Why bring that up?

You do not understand what Karuna means. You have quoted a bunch of Buddhist quotes missing the mark by a wide margin. All that it means is Loving compassion. If you do not accept it I'm not here to convince you. Plesse substitute KARUNA with LOVING KINDNESS everywhere I've mentioned it, and then lets take the debate further .

Hi Blade...
Apparently you have something to say, but I can't figure out what it is!
Maybe it's because it's late here and I have to sign off soon.

I do hope you understood my O.P.
I am NOT saying that God is a sinner...but it's a nice catchy title, isn't it?
And would you not agree that this is a dilemma for calvinists?

Also, I happen to love all Christians. Even Catholics.
The CC made many mistakes in the past...it was the only church around and you know what they say:
Absolute power-
corrupts absolutely.
But it's nothing like that these days, and why bring up such unpleasant ideas?
I remember when the Protestants had witch burnings.
In Calvin's day protestants also burned other protestants at the stake.

I prefer not to dwell on this, to tell you the truth.
And that video IS against TOS rules.

As to your word study:
Why bring that up?
Pssst...(The cc wasn't the only church around.)

The original, the Church by Christ Jesus. (Eph 3:21)
Right....
But get this:

You have correctly capitalized the word Church in your sentence above.
This means the Body of Christ, to which all Christians belong.

church, with a small c, means the institution, bldg, the material church that you might attend on Sunday.
The Catholic Church was the only church around after the 1st century and up until the year 1,000 AD, approx.

Back