Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

andy pandy

I read at least one book a week which is not too difficult as I have a personal library of over 1,000 books. One that I bought a few weeks ago and have read is "God is Good for You" written by Greg Sheridan. He is employed as a reporter on the Australian Newspaper, a Roman Catholic and an author. I read his column every day in the Australian newspaper as he is incredibly well informed about the topics he writes about.

This books sets out to counteract the negative responses that the world throws up as a means of denying that God is good for you. Its sub heading is a Defence of Christianity in Troubled Times.

He covers the topics of believing in God is rational and what atheists believe makes them false prophets.
Christian justice and what that means.
What christianity has given to the world.
The problems of christianty like evil, sin and suffering.
The value of the Old Testament.
Politics and politicians.
Christian leaders over the years.
The radical side of Christianity.
Extraordinary Christians.
The future for Chistians and their churches.

I could not read the book through in one sitting as each chapter needed thought and reflection as he raised several points that were new to Christian thinking and he showed that he is in touch with modern day society and how to address its claims.

All in all, it is a very stimulating book and faith building. I guess it won't please those who believe that we do not need to read any books other than the bible, but I am not foolish enough to deprive myself of such spirtual and intelllectual input as what Greg has written in this book, so I have no hesitation recommending it to anyone who wants to broaden their knowledge base to enable them to give an account of the hope within us.

Back