Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

GOD satan Eve........

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

(THE)

GENESIS 3:15......... Now most people run away from this verse,,,but GOd gave it to us to learn from so without hesitaion lets dive in.......Half of the prophecy in Genesis 3:15 has been completed but the other half has not lets review.............

GOd is about to speak to satan

Gen. 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

"enmity"-- 4895 mastemah mas-tay-maw' from the same as 7850; enmity:--hatred

The woman is Eve.........

SO GOd has just put hatred between the seed of the woman and the seed of satan.....

Lets look at what this word "seed" means........

"Seed" zirmah (zir-maw') a gushing of fluid (semen) -- issue. ...posterity -- X carnally, child.

Many people will say this word "seed" doesnt mean literal children,,,,I guess thats there opinion,,,but as we can see it really does.........

Now the child that is going to bruise satans head is Jesus Christ,,,,,Try to think of it more like an elephant stepping on a pumpkin,,,then just a bruise......This has not happen but it will as will quickly approach the end....

Satan has already bruised Jesus's heel,,,,,when they nailed him to the Cross......
------------

So we see the word "seed" means to produce children from fluid......to be continued

prough91 said:
And Jesus bruised his head when He rose from the dead.

I never thought about it like that,,,I guess one could say satan was bruised (defeated) on the cross...

But in the near future Christ will kill satan,,,,and I think thats what God was talking about ,,,,remember satan is a serpent,,,and one why to kill serpent/snakes,,,is crush there head.......

prough91 said:

Amen prough,
And the head of the serpent is death. ;)

Genesis 2:16-17 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat of it: for in the day that you eat thereof you shall surely die.

Eve ate and death within all humanity was conceived, even that of Jesus.

StoveBolts said:
prough91 said:

Amen prough,
And the head of the serpent is death. ;)

Genesis 2:16-17 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat of it: for in the day that you eat thereof you shall surely die.

Eve ate and death within all humanity was conceived, even that of Jesus.

Eve ate of the tree of knowledge,,,but the tree of knowledge is satan,,its not some magical tree....

Why dont you review the word "tree" in Hebrew and get on the right page......

The Tree of Knowledge of good and evil is Satan? :shrug

Tree:
6086. `ets
Search for H6086 in KJVSL
Ue `ets ates

from 6095; a tree (from its firmness); hence, wood (plural sticks):--+ carpenter, gallows, helve, + pine, plank, staff, stalk, stick, stock, timber, tree, wood.

See Hebrew 6095

6095. `atsah
Search for H6095 in KJVSL
hue `atsah aw-tsaw'

a primitive root; properly, to fasten (or make firm), i.e. to close (the eyes):--shut.

Strongs 6086 is used in 288 places in the OT. Ironically, it is also used to build the ark of the covenant...

The serpent, as you correctly stated earlier is a depiction of Satan, not the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

The said:
But in the near future Christ will kill satan,,,,and I think thats what God was talking about ,,,,remember satan is a serpent,,,and one why to kill serpent/snakes,,,is crush there head.......

Revelation 20:2-3 And he laid hold on the dragon, the old serpent, which is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years, and cast him into the abyss, and shut it, and sealed it over him, that he should deceive the nations no more, until the thousand years should be finished: after this he must be loosed for a little time.

Revelation 20:7 And when the thousand years are finished, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where are also the beast and the false prophet; and they shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Again, the head of Satan is death.

Revelation 20:13-14 And the sea gave up the dead that were in it; and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death, even the lake of fire.

Facinating note on Revelation 20:2.

Serpent
4567. Satanas
Search for G4567 in KJVSL
satanaV Satanas sat-an-as'

of Chaldee origin corresponding to 4566 (with the definite affix); the accuser, i.e. the devil:--Satan.

See Hebrew 4566

4566. ma`bad
Search for H4566 in KJVSL
dbem ma`bad mah-bawd'

from 5647; an act:--work.

See Hebrew 5647
5647. `abad
Search for H5647 in KJVSL
dbe `abad aw-bad'

a primitive root; to work (in any sense); by implication, to serve, till, (causatively) enslave, etc.:--X be, keep in bondage, be bondmen, bond-service, compel, do, dress, ear, execute, + husbandman, keep, labour(-ing man, bring to pass, (cause to, make to) serve(-ing, self), (be, become) servant(-s), do (use) service, till(-er), transgress (from margin), (set a) work, be wrought, worshipper,

StoveBolts said:
The Tree of Knowledge of good and evil is Satan? :shrug

Tree:
6086. `ets
Search for H6086 in KJVSL
Ue `ets ates

from 6095; a tree (from its firmness); hence, wood (plural sticks):--+ carpenter, gallows, helve, + pine, plank, staff, stalk, stick, stock, timber, tree, wood.

See Hebrew 6095

6095. `atsah
Search for H6095 in KJVSL
hue `atsah aw-tsaw'

a primitive root; properly, to fasten (or make firm), i.e. to close (the eyes):--shut.

Strongs 6086 is used in 288 places in the OT. Ironically, it is also used to build the ark of the covenant...

The serpent, as you correctly stated earlier is a depiction of Satan, not the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

The said:

Revelation 20:2-3 And he laid hold on the dragon, the old serpent, which is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years, and cast him into the abyss, and shut it, and sealed it over him, that he should deceive the nations no more, until the thousand years should be finished: after this he must be loosed for a little time.

Revelation 20:7 And when the thousand years are finished, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where are also the beast and the false prophet; and they shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Again, the head of Satan is death.

Revelation 20:13-14 And the sea gave up the dead that were in it; and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death, even the lake of fire.

Maybe my realm of thinking was not formed for you.....anyhow ,,,once again you are wrong....

I do not believe you have eyes to see nor ears to hear,,,,what the Lord is saying.....If you did you would understand that God uses trees too represent people.........

Mark 8:24
And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.

Revelation 11:4
These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

Luke 3:9
And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire

Isaiah 55:12
For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

I have many more scriptures thas prove God uses trees to represent people/beings....

Ok now to address your Hebrew error........ :help

When we look up the word "tree" we find -- # 6086. It reads; "ets, ates; from # 6095, stock tree, timber, wood."--- This a regular tree,,,,a orange tree,,,a apple tree a regular ole tree.........

Ets = Regular ole tree....

But when we are taking about trees in the garden ,,,we are not talking about "ets" we are talking about "Atsah," aw-tsaw, prime root, prop. to fasten (or make firm), i.e., to close (the eyes): shut."

Funny satan said he would open Eves eyes,,,,but the very definition of "atsah" is closing of the eyes... :shades

Anyhow one of the reasons im not going to go into this debate is because you have a problem with hiding information,,,or trying to hide it....... :shame

well there is another word besides "ets" and "atsah" the word is a referance to the word "atsah" and that word is # 6096; "Atseh, aw-tseh, from 6095; the spine, (as giving firmness to the body):-backbone

So we see that this word "atsah" and "atseh" is refering to a person.......Ther tree of knowledge is satan,,,,you really think God cursed Eves womb,,,and made her sexual desire for her husband over a piece of fruit.......Eve ate the fruit (lies) of satan......Satan tricked Eve into believing that she would give birh too Christ if she mated with Him,,,,so she did.......

O,,, I get it,,,,,,you think Eve ate a apple and tryed to hide it by coverning her vaginal area..... :shrug

You think God cursed Eves vaginal area for eating a orange...... :shrug

You think God addressed Eves sexual desires because she ate a plum

You think Adam covered his private area because he ate a banana..... :shrug

Darn ,,,,,that must of been one great piece of fruit.........

Ok you can lock it now..... :) :wave

the said:
I do not believe you have eyes to see nor ears to hear,,,,what the Lord is saying.....If you did you would understand that God uses trees too represent people.........

Ohh, I realize that God uses metaphors and allogory throughout scripture. However, I believe that scripture is very clear that Satan is depicted as a serpent, not a tree.

I did a study some time ago on Genesis 3 from an Ancient Near Eastern perspective, which would have resonated with those reading the account of the fall (and creation) and it becomes clear that Gen 1, 2 and 3 could be viewed as an applogetic response to the Pantheon.

Within ANE culture, it was said that Anu was El and Tiamate was his wife. Together, they made up the first Elohim and were the procreators of the rest of the gods. The story goes that there was an upheavel in the heavens and Tiamate, who was a woman scorned well... acted as a woman scorned. As a result, she created serpents and dragons to persue her destructive agenda. The gods gathered to figure out how to defeat her, for she was very strong, and in short, Murduk steps up to the task, but only if he is elevated to the top of the pantheon. Thus, Murduk kills Tiamate and from her offal, throws it down from the heavens and creates the world to where her serpents and dragons were then sent. With her blood, mixed with the clay from the world, humanity was created.

In Genesis 3, it is clear that from an ANE perspective, Tiamate is the serpent which represents one who twists that truth and is considered evil.

There are many other ANE stories that address the Tree of life as well as the tree of knowledge, though I am not familiare enought with them to tell you about them off the top of my head. They do nop depct Tiamate...

The said:
When we look up the word "tree" we find -- # 6086. It reads; "ets, ates; from # 6095, stock tree, timber, wood."--- This a regular tree,,,,a orange tree,,,a apple tree a regular ole tree.........

But when we are taking about trees in the garden ,,,we are not talking about "ets" we are talking about "Atsah," aw-tsaw, prime root, prop. to fasten (or make firm), i.e., to close (the eyes): shut."

You state: But when we are taking about trees in the garden ,,,we are not talking about "ets" we are talking about "Atsah

Why is it then that scripture states:

But of the tree (6068 'ets) knowledge of good and evil

Actually, I did a search on strongs 6095 'atsah and the word was only used once in the entire OT. :confused

Proverbs 16:29-30 A violent man enticeth his neighbour, and leadeth him into the way that is not good. He shutteth (6095 'atsah) his eyes to devise froward things: moving his lips he bringeth evil to pass.

StoveBolts said:
the said:

Ohh, I realize that God uses metaphors and allogory throughout scripture. However, I believe that scripture is very clear that Satan is depicted as a serpent, not a tree.

I did a study some time ago on Genesis 3 from an Ancient Near Eastern perspective, which would have resonated with those reading the account of the fall (and creation) and it becomes clear that Gen 1, 2 and 3 could be viewed as an applogetic response to the Pantheon.

Within ANE culture, it was said that Anu was El and Tiamate was his wife. Together, they made up the first Elohim and were the procreators of the rest of the gods. The story goes that there was an upheavel in the heavens and Tiamate, who was a woman scorned well... acted as a woman scorned. As a result, she created serpents and dragons to persue her destructive agenda. The gods gathered to figure out how to defeat her, for she was very strong, and in short, Murduk steps up to the task, but only if he is elevated to the top of the pantheon. Thus, Murduk kills Tiamate and from her offal, throws it down from the heavens and creates the world to where her serpents and dragons were then sent. With her blood, mixed with the clay from the world, humanity was created.

In Genesis 3, it is clear that from an ANE perspective, Tiamate is the serpent which represents one who twists that truth and is considered evil.

There are many other ANE stories that address the Tree of life as well as the tree of knowledge, though I am not familiare enought with them to tell you about them off the top of my head. They do nop depct Tiamate...

Satan is depicted as many things.......A serpent yes,,,,but also a dragon,,,,,and yes even a tree.....

Who you like to read about satan in his role as a tree?????? Ok

3Behold, the Assyrian was a cedar in Lebanon with fair branches, and with a shadowing shroud, and of an high stature; and his top was among the thick boughs.

scratch out that word Assyrian,,it does not belong,,,and obvious error,,,or trick....

4The waters (people) made him (satan) great, the deep set him (satan) up on high with her rivers running round about his plants, and sent her little rivers unto all the trees (people) of the field.

5Therefore his height was exalted above all the trees of the field, and his boughs were multiplied, and his branches became long because of the multitude of waters, when he shot forth.

6All the fowls of heaven made their nests in his boughs, and under his branches did all the beasts of the field bring forth their young, and under his shadow dwelt all great nations.

7Thus was he fair in his greatness, in the length of his branches: for his root was by great waters.

8The cedars in the garden of God could not hide him: the fir trees were not like his boughs, and the chestnut trees were not like his branches; nor any tree in the garden of God was like unto him in his beauty.

Notice that this tree (satan) was in the garden of GOd........SO when you say satan is depicted as a serpent and not a tree,,,,I say your wrong.....

Ezekiel 31 cleary shows a once super being being represented as a tree.......

StoveBolts said:
The said:

You state: But when we are taking about trees in the garden ,,,we are not talking about "ets" we are talking about "Atsah

Why is it then that scripture states:

But of the tree (6068 'ets) knowledge of good and evil

Actually, I did a search on strongs 6095 'atsah and the word was only used once in the entire OT. :confused

Proverbs 16:29-30 A violent man enticeth his neighbour, and leadeth him into the way that is not good. He shutteth (6095 'atsah) his eyes to devise froward things: moving his lips he bringeth evil to pass.
Post edited by Staff:

3 - No active promotion of other Faiths is allowed:

You will not post any messages; links, images or photos that promote a religion or belief other than Biblical and historical Christianity (atheism is considered a "belief" for the purposes of this rule). Discussing these doctrines are fine, as long as the beliefs are not actively promoted. This includes Universal Reconciliation, Universal Salvation, Serpent seed, Dual Seed or Two-Seedline doctrine which are only allowed in the 1 on 1 Debate Forum. This is a Christian Forum as the name suggests.

Back