Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study God's Mercy

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

for_his_glory

Fight the good fight of faith
2024 Supporter
Lamentations 3:22 It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
Lamentations 3:23 they are new every morning: great is they faithfulness.

Mercy loves and grace pardons. God looks past our sinful nature and goes straight to the heart of a persons character to know there is hope for everyone of us if we would only come boldly to his throne of grace and surrender this fleshly nature and allow God to cloth us in his righteousness as our own righteousness is as a filthy rag to God, Isaiah 64:6; Titus 3:5, 6.

It’s not God that condemns us as in the flesh as we are already condemned by our fleshly sin nature we are all born with, but does not activate until we come into the knowledge of sin for the word says there is none that are righteous, Romans 3:10-20.

The washing of regeneration by that of Gods Holy Spirit, John 3:5 cleanses us of our sin nature that has caused all to sin as sin entered the world by one and continues through the generations. Jesus whom forgives our confessed sin sanctifying as God sets us apart through His mercy to be called heirs to the throne of grace through his son Jesus Christ who laid his own life down so we could have life eternal with the Father.

Sin separates us from God because God is a spirit and can only recognize his own children by what spirit is living in their hearts. We have to renew, rebirth - born again, Gods Spirit within us in order to be called a child of God and see the kingdom of heaven. We now put off the old man (flesh) and put on the new man (Spirit), Colossians 3:1-17. We are renewed by the word (Spirit of God) and through the Holy Spirit teaching us of all things, John 14:26.

Matthew 5:1-16 blessed is the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy. When our hearts are right with the Lord then he has compassion on all his children and whatever you ask for in his name he will meet your needs, but one important factor in this is that you also have to have mercy for those who trespass against you to forgive what others do against you, Mark 11:22-26.

You can study the Mercy seat of God in the OT and how the sacrifices were made for the atonement of sin to see how figurative this was to the coming Messiah (Christ Jesus) who is now our mercy seat through his birth, death and resurrection as Jesus was made the final sacrificial lamb for the atonement of all men and gathered all our sins and put them upon himself and died to set us free from sin and God raised him again on the third day so we could take part in his death and resurrection, which means when we accept Jesus we die to our old fleshly ways and now are resurrected to live with him for eternity.

God’s love is not limited, but we choose to limit Gods love by separating ourselves from his mercy and grace. Jude vs. 17-23 Keep yourselves in the love of God always looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternity.​

Lord, help me to love those who hate me.
Lord, help me to bless those who curse me.
Lord, help me to pray for those who mistreat me.
Lord, help me to give to those who take from me. tc

I've learned that no matter how hard and painful it is to forgive, I must forgive from the heart.
It is my conviction that it is the Lord's mercy that holds me to this standard, even when I've been betrayed by a friend.

Lord, help me to love those who hate me.
Lord, help me to bless those who curse me.
Lord, help me to pray for those who mistreat me.
Lord, help me to give to those who take from me. tc

I've learned that no matter how hard and painful it is to forgive, I must forgive from the heart.
It is my conviction that it is the Lord's mercy that holds me to this standard, even when I've been betrayed by a friend.
Amen. It is so hard to forgive others who have hurt us, but through God's mercy and grace that has loved and forgave us it makes us easier to forgive those who come against us.

Mark 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
Mark 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
Mark 11:25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
Mark 11:26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

I have a mountain in front of me, but the Lord and I are working on it.
Last winter, a mountain that had been there for 17 years was removed as the Lord walked me though a process of forgiving and repenting.
I guess healing is a process.
My old worship pastor told me long ago that I was as sensitive as I was because I was a worship leader, and that I was that way because the Lord had made me that way.
Forgive...from the heart.
Bless...and not curse...pray for those who mistreat me.
Love...in word and in deed.
Okay, Lord, let's try this again.

We do work out our salvation as a process of God's righteousness found in us that brings us to obedience of faith as we grow and draw nearer to Christ everyday. Everyday is a new beginning in our walk in the Holy Spirit who guides us.

I'm just a little raw inside, but as always, He will not break this bent reed, not will He snuff out this smoldering wick.
He knows just how to handle me.

I'm just a little raw inside, but as always, He will not break this bent reed, not will He snuff out this smoldering wick.
He knows just how to handle me.
The Holy Spirit will always send conviction upon us to lead us to walk the right path.

Yeah, that helps me to calm my heart so I can hear Him. When I'm willing to listen, He talks reason to me.
I'm just really sad.

When I'm willing to listen
Right there is the key as we have to be willing to listen and not only listen but to follow His instructions that will bring joy to our heart. One is only sad within themselves if they are not drawing closer to the Lord who fills our heart with joy.

In my moments of feeling despair I like to listen to worship and praise music and get my praise on. I love dancing in the Spirit like David danced in the streets, but not naked like David did, lol.

A favorite of mine is Promises by Maverick City. I'll get through this. I just function in slow-motion. I do worship God throughout the day as His presence is what sustains me.

I'm sad when I inadvertently hurt others that I care about. I'm sad when I hurt Him. I'm just going through a time when I'm feeling a lot of sadness. Sadness won't hurt me, as it's just a valley to pass through. Part of the grieving process, I guess. For the first time in 3 years, I almost got depressed. But back then I body-slammed that spirit but good. Time to do some warfare. It's been good talking to you. Shalom.

I'm sad when I inadvertently hurt others that I care about. I'm sad when I hurt Him. I'm just going through a time when I'm feeling a lot of sadness. Sadness won't hurt me, as it's just a valley to pass through. Part of the grieving process, I guess. For the first time in 3 years, I almost got depressed. But back then I body-slammed that spirit but good. Time to do some warfare. It's been good talking to you. Shalom.
Day by day, step by step. God bless you my friend.

Back