Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God's Word And Your Condition

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I answered every single thing you said in post 62. It was in post 63. I also answered Rom 10. Please show me where any of that is prayer? In acts 8:37 when the Eunuch confessed….was he praying? No!
Just because you make some strange statement that confession is now prayer doesn’t mean that it is. Why dont you list all of the “different types of prayer”, and the passages that support them and I will study it.

click on that link and you will see all the prayers that are n the Bible.

Actually Frank Broom was correct although not very charitable in his choice of words. Not a single person “asked Jesus into their heart” in the New Testament. Not a single person preached to crowds or individuals that they need to ask Jesus into their hearts. No one preached to crowds that they must be born again, something that they cannot even do. What did they preach?

“Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

This people can do and everyone knows they can. God knows people can repent as well.
Do we not open the door of our heart and ask Jesus to come into us. Asking Jesus to come into our heart is confessing Him as our Lord and Savior, Romans 10:9-10; Rev 3:20

What about those of great faith and believe the word of God for their healing, but it never comes? I know everything is in God's timing, but yet that healing never comes and progresses worse, even unto death.
While glad for his sisters sake I always felt that after seeing the glory of God, it somehow bordered on cruel to bring Lazarus back to this bloodstained earth and refit him to a decaying body, to die physically once more.
What Christian would really want to come back to this existence after seeing the glory of God ?

Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 12:10
But the chief priests consulted that they might put Lazarus also to death;

It’s an indication of how rare it is when you can mention only a few names in a nation of millions of believers since the foundation. Maybe it’s embarrassing that undeveloped nations experience miracles more but it’s better to admit this and ask why than refuse to acknowledge it is so. I lived in the under developed world and they are in general very much aware of the spiritual world. It makes a difference.

I know people who saw this difference and were honest enough to admit it and looked into why.
Forget those two names as Wigglesworth was from the UK, not America, my bad, but even still from the founding of America one could not count all the testimonies of those who have been healed through the power and authority given to us by God to lay hands on others as the Holy Spirit who gives us the gifts, also works in us and through us.

Not sure what you mean by the spiritual world, are you talking about the Spiritual realm of God? I will say though that the underdeveloped parts of the world are not clouded up by all the various teachings that go out into the world, but that of a simple Gospel of God's grace being preached to them.

That is because hearing God has requirements on our part. Fhg said God chooses not to answer, but the truth is we don’t hear Him, same as in Jesus’ day people didn’t hear God either. There’s a reason for that but you’re not going to like it.
I said God is silent to me asking Him for healing, but has showed me the reasons why as I forgot to add that part.
“Your sins have separated you from God.” So if you want to clean out the channel, you’ll need to repent AND make it right by man as necessary. You sinned against someone? Go ask their forgiveness (no wishy washy save-the-pride “if I hurt you” but a painful to the pride “I did wrong, can you please forgive me?”)

I know your preacher told you all future sins are forgiven but you’re asking God, not your preacher, as to what He wants you to do so you’d better do what He requires. “If I harbor sin in my heart the Lord WILL NOT HEAR me.”

As a witness to this painful procedure I can testify that I cannot recall a single question I’ve asked God that He didn’t answer. Might be one but I can only remember the delightful beyond words joy of receiving understanding from Him.
I have no unrepented sin as I'm good with everyone that I had issues with in the past. I've never had a Pastor tell me my future sins are already forgiven as that is a false teaching that some Pastors do teach. I'm not even affiliated with any Church at the moment since the last one I attended many years ago that n longer exist. I always receive understanding for those things I question.

What I am tired of are the answers of others that tell us that we do not have enough faith or that we have unrepented sin when in many cases neither one is true. What makes me weak makes me stronger in the Lord and my relationship with Him.

Of course it is, we are sheep amongst wolves and when Apostle Paul departed( deceased) the wolves entered the flock not sparing them.( the wolves draw the world to their disciples now, and of course the wolves deny it, as they are in sheeps clothing, but we know them by the abundance of what their evil heart speaks, through their mouth or text on screens.)

Luke 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

Acts 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
We are taught in scripture about the wolves in sheep clothing as we are taught to be aware of those who teach a false gospel, but the gospel of God's grace is and never was intended to be a breeding ground giving opportunity for those who manipulate the scriptures. Why would God make it a breeding ground as it's man's misinterpretations of the Gospel of Christ as they twist the scriptures adding to and taking away from them as Satan works through them unaware to cause others to fall away from truth.

Our understanding is nothing compared to Gods word( the word that is for ever and all of heaven and earth vanishes for ever.

Apostle Paul was concerned about healing, Gods answer answers for you...

2 Corinthians 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
I retract my question to you since you can not give me a yes or no answer. Discussions involve seeing how one understands that which is asked of them by giving their answer to the questions asked of them. You seem incapable of doing this as you only dance around a simple yes or no question.

Apostle Paul fulfilled all. What do you think you fulfil in comparison ?

Acts 28:3 And when Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks, and laid them on the fire, there came a viper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand.

This is why we hear the Lords Apostles and not YOU.

1 Corinthians 4: 9 For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.
10 We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised.
11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;
12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.
14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.
I believe it was Christ that fulfills all things, not the Apostles, nor anyone as like the Apostles we are all servants of God in whom His Holy Spirit works in and through. I accomplish that which God calls me to do in fulfilling His will and not my own. If you believe that the word of God does not speak to our healing then you need to study the scriptures that say they do.

I can answer.

There is no faith when Jesus returns ( now), and the ones who cry to the Lord are dead in the faith, as coinfirmed for you which you can ignore..

Luke 18:7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?
8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Revelation 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
So now you are God or feel the need to answer for Him. Those scriptures have nothing to do with the question I asked.

We do not learn by questions, we show our doubt through them.
You have no clue what a discussion is meant for. Do you never have questions that you are seeking the word of God for as we are not questioning God, but seeking answers from Him that helps us grow and mature in His word and our relationship with Him. God does work through those who give us answers, but yet we are also taught to Spiritually discern the answers so that we know they are from God.

Forget those two names as Wigglesworth was from the UK, not America, my bad, but even still from the founding of America one could not count all the testimonies of those who have been healed through the power and authority given to us by God to lay hands on others as the Holy Spirit who gives us the gifts, also works in us and through us.

Not sure what you mean by the spiritual world, are you talking about the Spiritual realm of God? I will say though that the underdeveloped parts of the world are not clouded up by all the various teachings that go out into the world, but that of a simple Gospel of God's grace being preached to them.
No, many in the third world KNOW that the spiritual world exists, all of it. They know the spiritual world affects our world. So faith in Gods power in our world is easier. That’s all I meant.

I know because you are moderators you feel you can get away with whatever you please, but you will receive this one day( as testified) and it is why I have testified for you, and I am glad you thought all was cherry picked and of no value to you, because it was to me.

James 3:1 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
You know what?

The staff does not get away with anything as all must follow the Terms of Service as the staff is not above other members. You have testified of nothing, but only posting scriptures without even trying to discuss your understanding of them, nor do they have anything to do with what we are discussing in this thread. All you do is ignore our questions we ask and just throw a bunch of scriptures a us, That is not a discussion but only you being high minded without understanding as you put down others who are seeking truth.

Come down off your pedestal sir before you fall off of it.

Do we not open the door of our heart and ask Jesus to come into us. Asking Jesus to come into our heart is confessing Him as our Lord and Savior, Romans 10:9-10; Rev 3:20
Rev 3:20 is written exclusively to the church. Roman’s 10 doesn’t say we “ask Jesus into our hearts.”
I’m just sticking to the scripture.

2 Corinthians 6:3 Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed:
4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,
5 In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings;
6 By pureness, by knowledge, by long suffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,
7 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,
8 By honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true;
9 As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed;
10 As sorrowful, yet alway rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.
11 O ye Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.
12 Ye are not straitened in us, but ye are straitened in your own bowels.
13 Now for a recompence in the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be ye also enlarged.
Sigh! More hiding behind scriptures and feeling spiritual no doubt.

Why did he not heal ALL the sick, do you think ?
I don't think anyone could answer that question. My best guess would be those who were healed by Him had belief that they could be healed of Him. Just like the one who was told to pick up his mat and walk or the lady with the issue of blood and the one that was lowered down through the roof.

While glad for his sisters sake I always felt that after seeing the glory of God, it somehow bordered on cruel to bring Lazarus back to this bloodstained earth and refit him to a decaying body, to die physically once more.
What Christian would really want to come back to this existence after seeing the glory of God ?

Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 12:10
But the chief priests consulted that they might put Lazarus also to death;
So you feel it was cruel of Jesus to bring Lazarus out of his tomb? Jesus had His purpose for that.
I would say I would not want to come back, unless it was for God's purpose.

Back