Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Good book for pet loss or God's will concerning animals

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Our family has dogs and cats, and now that our little dog Spunky is elderly, we're faced with her health problems and the fact that she won't be with us much longer. Death is never easy to talk about, especially with our children. I decided to look on Amazon for a book about talking with my kids about pet loss. I found a good Christian author named Julia Harris-Parker. Her book Pet Loss: A Spiritual Guide has helped tremendously. Amazon has an author page for her that listed her blog petshavesouls.com and I highly recommend it. She quotes Bible scripture that I didn't even know about about animals and pets. Like, Jesus says in Luke 12:6 of the birds of the air that “not one of them is forgotten before God.” Her writing really changes my outlook on life and death, in a spiritual way. The only thing I'm not hot about is her including a lot of science studies to back up Bible truths -- I mean, why is that necessary? The Bible is God's word. Period.

Welcome.

From childhood, I've loved animals of all kinds, and have repeatedly grieved at their loss. And yet I keep getting new ones. There's always more to be rescued, and truthfully, I don't do well without them.

This always helps me:

"She only had so much time; good for you, making it a joyful one." When the time comes to say good-bye, remember, your friend was so very lucky to have you.

The only thing I'm not hot about is her including a lot of science studies to back up Bible truths -- I mean, why is that necessary? The Bible is God's word. Period.

Yes. The Bible is not a science text, nor can science validate what faith has already done.

Back