Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Good News!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Unfortunatly they want me to pay to read that article, but I gather from the link name that roe vs wade will be overturned soon!
I think this is a great thing!
I also think it's a wakeup call, especially for Christians. There will be many new babies born to single mothers who will need assistance raising those children or will be unable to raise those children. As the Body of Christ, we can condemn many of these women for having sex outside of marriage and shame them, or we can be a beacon of light for these children and help raise them in Godly homes and influence.

Imagine for a moment if every Christain home adopted at least one of these abandoned babies and raised them in a loving, caring Christian home. It would redefine our nation at it's core. We have a great opportunity here.

Unfortunatly they want me to pay to read that article, but I gather from the link name that roe vs wade will be overturned soon!
I think this is a great thing!
I also think it's a wakeup call, especially for Christians. There will be many new babies born to single mothers who will need assistance raising those children or will be unable to raise those children. As the Body of Christ, we can condemn many of these women for having sex outside of marriage and shame them, or we can be a beacon of light for these children and help raise them in Godly homes and influence.

Imagine for a moment if every Christain home adopted at least one of these abandoned babies and raised them in a loving, caring Christian home. It would redefine our nation at it's core. We have a great opportunity here.

There are many Christian married couples who would love to adopt a child and raise them as their own.

However this is not the point. The murder of unborn babies is a stench in the nostrils of God. Condoning such a thing is to invite God’s judgement upon our lives.

We people know their is a consequence for their actions they be less likely to bring that consequence down upon themselves.

If it’s a felony to have an abortion then people will be less likely to have them. Of course the liberals don’t care for God or His laws and commandments. We may find that liberal judges and prosecutors won’t uphold the laws concerning abortion.

Here’s my question for anyone that oppose such laws.

At what age is it morally sound for a mother to murder her child?

10 years old?
5 years old?
2 years old?
1 month old?
9 months in the womb?
6 months in the womb?
3 months in the womb?

It would be interesting to take a poll in America to what answers people give.

JLB

Jeff has a point .by making drugs illegal doesn't make them stop.you have to attack the source and support those vulnerable .

Facts are ,most don't care to.

My church alone with a few others goes and tries to prevent abortions in person.carenet is great but the mother must know of it and people care,as these can be addicts,sexual and physical abuse victims .I have gone out once .I can't do that.becayae what I saw reminded me of war,kids nearby playing,people driving by ,the abortion clinic is near an elementary school and performs the deed from 6 to 9 ,we can only man the place at best twice a week but if a full time person could it would make an impact .nearby are churches and I doubt they care .

Jeff look up Robert shaver and he posts Saturday morning videos .reports how many he turned away ,and stay .

You can't win this with carnal weapons alone .this is a demon . I have seen a kid admit it was a baby and didn't care . I lived a flash back when I went to that and knew I can't subject myself to that .

There are many Christian married couples who would love to adopt a child and raise them as their own.

However this is not the point. The murder of unborn babies is a stench in the nostrils of God. Condoning such a thing is to invite God’s judgement upon our lives.

We people know their is a consequence for their actions they be less likely to bring that consequence down upon themselves.

If it’s a felony to have an abortion then people will be less likely to have them. Of course the liberals don’t care for God or His laws and commandments. We may find that liberal judges and prosecutors won’t uphold the laws concerning abortion.

10 years old?
5 years old?
2 years old?
1 month old?
9 months in the womb?
6 months in the womb?
3 months in the womb?

It would be interesting to take a poll in America to what answers people give.

JLB
Sadly our culture embraces abortion and other practices that are against God's laws and His Word. There are no morals being taught in homes. Between media, tv, news, and radio embracing the ways of the world is the road to success and acceptance.

Reactions: JLB
JLB
I won't speak death into existence. It's much more rewarding to speak life into existence.
In other words, I'm not seeking controversy against those who will hate us for our views on life.

That being said, we are both part of the same body, so we each serve a separate function. When we work together, the fullness of Christ is manifest.

For me, I think my voice is better served encouraging Christians, especially those who rail against abortion to step up to the plate.

It takes wisdom to understand this commandment.

Deuteronomy 24:19–22 ASV
“When you reap your harvest in your field and forget a sheaf in the field, you shall not go back to get it. It shall be for the sojourner, the fatherless, and the widow, that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands. When you beat your olive trees, you shall not go over them again. It shall be for the sojourner, the fatherless, and the widow. When you gather the grapes of your vineyard, you shall not strip it afterward. It shall be for the sojourner, the fatherless, and the widow. You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt; therefore, I command you to do this. "

I like how James sums this spirit up.
James 1:27 ASV
Pure religion and undefiled before our God and Father is this, to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

We both agree that all infants will go to Heaven. In light of that, I would like to bring up what Jesus says to those who are saved.
Joh 14:18 KJV
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
This word "comfortless" is another way of saying, "I will not leave you as an orphan".
From Strongs: 3737. orphanos
of uncertain affinity; bereaved ("orphan"), i.e. parentless:--comfortless, fatherless.

When roe vs wade is overturned and as states tighten the reigns on abortion, there will be many orphans created. If we are to be like Jesus, then the Church will step up to adopt them as well as helping single mothers raise them.

If the Church does not step up and into this role, the cycle of generational sin will explode in the likes we have never seen in America.

The Church has an opportunity to break that cycle in a single generation.

Jeff has a point .by making drugs illegal doesn't make them stop.you have to attack the source and support those vulnerable .

Facts are ,most don't care to.

My church alone with a few others goes and tries to prevent abortions in person.carenet is great but the mother must know of it and people care,as these can be addicts,sexual and physical abuse victims .I have gone out once .I can't do that.becayae what I saw reminded me of war,kids nearby playing,people driving by ,the abortion clinic is near an elementary school and performs the deed from 6 to 9 ,we can only man the place at best twice a week but if a full time person could it would make an impact .nearby are churches and I doubt they care .

Jeff look up Robert shaver and he posts Saturday morning videos .reports how many he turned away ,and stay .

You can't win this with carnal weapons alone .this is a demon . I have seen a kid admit it was a baby and didn't care . I lived a flash back when I went to that and knew I can't subject myself to that .
I couldn't agree more Jason and it brings me joy to hear so many others, including yourself understand this.

Solomon talks about seasons... and I believe America is at the breach of a new season in abortion. Don't get me wrong, we need to continue to fight and huge kudo's to people like JLB that will see this fight to the end. We are almost ripe for harvest, and we now need to prepare for that harvest. If we don't have workers that can take care of that harvest, it wil all spoil...

I couldn't agree more Jason and it brings me joy to hear so many others, including yourself understand this.

Solomon talks about seasons... and I believe America is at the breach of a new season in abortion. Don't get me wrong, we need to continue to fight and huge kudo's to people like JLB that will see this fight to the end. We are almost ripe for harvest, and we now need to prepare for that harvest. If we don't have workers that can take care of that harvest, it wil all spoil...
My church prays for the abortion clinic here to close and supports foster care .

I'm hardly pro abortion but to assume the devil will just pack up cause a law was passed out, is to ignore what the Bible says
My step Mom was pro abortion. She cringed when roe vs wade was challenged and the thought of it being overturned was almost unbearable to her. She lived in the era where women were performing their own abortions with coat hangers, or any other sharp object they could use to stick up there. When she spoke of these things, here eyes would roll back, almost as if she was self reflecting. She had an image in her mind that she referenced when she spoke about the days when abortion was illegal. Anyway, I'll never know as she took that one to the grave with her.

It's sad in so many ways. I mean, what drives a woman to do something like that to herself? If we understood that, maybe we could intervene and save that childs life. Jesus ministry was one of seeking and saving the lost. Seeking means that we go out looking for them, and just like the woman at the well, we don't speak condemnation, but instead we speak truth in love for their redemption.

We've had teenage girls in our church that got pregnant and they were shunned and left the church. I say they needed to be praised because they kept their children. Grace says what you did was wrong, but were with you now, and well help you hit the mark. What our churches did was the opposite. Instead of speaking life, their voices were full of condemnation.

Last edited:
My step Mom was pro abortion. She cringed when roe vs wade was challenged. She lived in the era where women were performing their own abortions with coat hanger, or any other sharp object they could use to stick up there.

It's sad in so many ways. I mean, what drives a woman to do something like that to herself? If we understood that, maybe we could intervene and save that childs life. Jesus ministry was one of seeking and saving the lost. Seeking means that we go out looking for them, and just like the woman at the well, we don't speak condemnation, but instead we speak truth in love for their redemption.
I'm not called in this .I attended the ministry once anything said by the team is mixed with truth,it's sin,grace and mercy if you did and offer a way out for the mother .

I can't go there in person .at present the worship team is where I help .

I won't speak death into existence. It's much more rewarding to speak life into existence.

I agree.

Why are you saying this?

In other words, I'm not seeking controversy against those who will hate us for our views on life.

Do sinners who get saved hate the ones who share with them the consequenses of their sinful choices and show them the salvation that was paid for them, through repentance?

For me, I think my voice is better served encouraging Christians, especially those who rail against abortion to step up to the plate.

Ok.

What would stepping up to the plate look like to you?

When you reap your harvest in your field and forget a sheaf in the field, you shall not go back to get it. It shall be for the sojourner, the fatherless, and the widow, that the Lord your God may bless you in all the work of your hands. When you beat your olive trees, you shall not go over them again. It shall be for the sojourner, the fatherless, and the widow. When you gather the grapes of your vineyard, you shall not strip it afterward. It shall be for the sojourner, the fatherless, and the widow. You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt; therefore, I command you to do this. "

I started a 501 C3 about 20 years ago, called the Joseph Storehouse Group.

We use proceeds from our buisness to help widoms, orphans, single moms, missionies, and a host of other ministries and churches, and people in need.

Allowing the needy to "glean from our harvest" has been my lifestyle for quite some time now.

JLB

I agree.

Why are you saying this?
I see inviting controversy as speaking death into existence. If somebody has an opposing view, they can voice their view. But we should not seek opposing views as you've done below.

This type of unprovoked language invites death and the spirit of death into the conversation. Nobody opposed you.
People will have questions, and even questions or thoughts that we disagree with. The problem though, when you ask that question, it's because you already have an answer to give to oppose any reply you get on the matter. This does not lend to a healthy conversation. Instead, it invites controversy and the only ones that will reply to you are the ones that are also seeking controversy.
Solomon put it this way. This is a true and trustworthy saying.

Proverbs 30:33 Surely the churning of milk bringeth forth butter, and the wringing of the nose bringeth forth blood: so the forcing of wrath bringeth forth strife.

Are we churning milk to create butter, or are we bringing about blood and strife?
Do sinners who get saved hate the ones who share with them the consequenses of their sinful choices and show them the salvation that was paid for them, through repentance?
To my point - John 7:7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.
To your point - Luke 7:47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

We want to bring people to repentance. IE churning butter, or otherwise said, "Speaking Truth in Love".

What would stepping up to the plate look like to you?
I have already given a high level explanation, but I will quote below for reference. Let me know if you want me to be more specific, and I will.
There will be many new babies born to single mothers who will need assistance raising those children or will be unable to raise those children. As the Body of Christ, we can condemn many of these women for having sex outside of marriage and shame them, or we can be a beacon of light for these children and help raise them in Godly homes and influence.

This type of unprovoked language invites death and the spirit of death into the conversation. Nobody opposed you.

I asked a question
To my point - John 7:7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.
To your point - Luke 7:47 Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.

We want to bring people to repentance. IE churning butter, or otherwise said, "Speaking Truth in Love".

I have never condemned any woman for getting an abortion nor have I ever confronted anyone or held a sign at a planned parenthood center.

I honestly have no earthly idea why you are saying these things to me.

My voice for these things is in my prayer closet and in our prayer meetings at Church...

JLB

I have never condemned any woman for getting an abortion nor have I ever confronted anyone or held a sign at a planned parenthood center.
You have never struck me as a man that would. While you can be a little rough around the edges on occasion, at heart I know you are a compassionate man.
My voice for these things is in my prayer closet and in our prayer meetings at Church...
James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

I have no doubt that your prayers “availith much”. I know that you have fervently prayed about the evil atrocity of abortion our government has deemed legal . I believe God is answering those prayers and roe vs wade will be overturned and it was accomplished by prayers that you contributed to.

Thank you, sincerely. I mean that.

I honestly have no earthly idea why you are saying these things to me.
Which things? I have said many good things about you. We are different parts of the body and each play a crucial role in the matter of abortion. Make no mistake, we should defend the rights of unborn children.

Please don’t take all the good things I’ve said about you away because I disagree with you when I spoke of you inviting strife with your unprovoked invitation to be challenged. Your zeal is commendable, you are a mighty warrior and it is one of your greatest strengths.

Now, let’s rejoice together for the coming victory and the coming harvest for all the orphans that will have the opportunity to be raised by loving Christians to break the generational sin.

One thing I am thankful for is this. when opposition comes on this matter, I know I can count on you to defend the innocent.

Grace and peace brother.

I started a 501 C3 about 20 years ago, called the Joseph Storehouse Group.

We use proceeds from our buisness to help widoms, orphans, single moms, missionies, and a host of other ministries and churches, and people in need.

Allowing the needy to "glean from our harvest" has been my lifestyle for quite some time now.

JLB
Thats awesome. I also think that if we as a society expanded our efforts and created infrastructure that is available to everyone. Abortion will also drop as a secondary measure.

Back