Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs Got a Pentax 50-300 DA lens for my birthday

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Barbarian

This is the first image. Right out of the camera, no post-processing.
51206193850_d1649c531e_b.jpg

I think I like it.

51204998996_cc3940ffe5_b.jpg

Pentax Kp. The only thing I'd change is to add a second card slot. I used to use a K3, and I miss that extra slot; used it to make a raw file for every shot.

Pentax Kp. The only thing I'd change is to add a second card slot. I used to use a K3, and I miss that extra slot; used it to make a raw file for every shot.
I know what you mean. I do everything raw+jpg but send them to the same card. You have a nice combo. Great for showing off God glory.

I think im going to try the KP-Mk111 that came out recently.
I haven't used a Dslr in quite a while and i like the compact size of the newest KPM3.
Most reviews are loving it.

The K3 Mk3 is a very good camera. I have the old version. It's an APS model, not full-frame 35mm, which was never a limitation for me. Unless you want to do huge photomurals, you'll never notice a difference. It does have twin SD card slots, which will make your life easier, if you shoot both jpeg and raw files at the same time.

The new model has the upgrades found on the KP, plus dual card slots. It's a bit bigger and heavier than the KP, which likely won't matter at all to you.

Pentax has remarkably good cameras, priced well below comparable models of Nikon or Canon.

The K3 Mk3 is a very good camera. I have the old version. It's an APS model, not full-frame 35mm, which was never a limitation for me. Unless you want to do huge photomurals, you'll never notice a difference. It does have twin SD card slots, which will make your life easier, if you shoot both jpeg and raw files at the same time.

The new model has the upgrades found on the KP, plus dual card slots. It's a bit bigger and heavier than the KP, which likely won't matter at all to you.

Pentax has remarkably good cameras, priced well below comparable models of Nikon or Canon.

Thank you for the info.

I think im going to try the KP-Mk111 that came out recently.
I haven't used a Dslr in quite a while and i like the compact size of the newest KPM3.
Most reviews are loving it.

i've been using an olympus OMD EM1 MKII for 4 or 5 years, the 4/3 format is perfectly adequate for the things i do - and wow, going from a full-frame EOS to such a small, lightweight body makes a really big difference both in being able to carry it around and use it for hours at a time, and keeping it still enough, even with one hand, for macro work!

i would consider an APS camera if/when i ever replace this, but i don't see me ever going back to full frame. the KP-MKIII looks pretty nice in terms of that - about as big as i'd want to go

Mrs. Barbarian loves her OMD, and given the lineup of lenses available for it, it's perfectly capable of producing professional results.

I've just always loved Pentax, as far back as the Spotmatic. But nothing whatever wrong with Olympus. I still have one from the old days of film:
49594213691_aca5ebc731_b.jpg

Olympus Pen F half-frame 35mm. Used a porroprism instead of a pentaprism, and gives 72 images on a 36-image roll of film.

Back