Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Greetings from Dustin Blystone

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hello Christian Forums!

I've been a born-again believer in Jesus Christ for over 20 years and a Bible teacher leading a Home Fellowship Bible Study for over 12 years.

I have written and published 2 Bible study books and am currently working on my third.

I hope to engage in meaningful discourse with like-minded believers and share what the Lord has given me to share with others who might be interested.

Yours in Christ,

Dustin

Hello Christian Forums!

I've been a born-again believer in Jesus Christ for over 20 years and a Bible teacher leading a Home Fellowship Bible Study for over 12 years.

I have written and published 2 Bible study books and am currently working on my third.

I hope to engage in meaningful discourse with like-minded believers and share what the Lord has given me to share with others who might be interested.

Yours in Christ,

Dustin

Welcome to CF, Dustin! Thankful you are here!!!

Hello Christian Forums!

Yours in Christ,

Dustin

Blessings in Christ Jesus!

I am a Bible Study writer as well. There are actually a number of people that post studies on this forum, so you will be in good company. Looking forward to discussing the word of God with you, and welcome to Christian Forums.

Hi Dustin Blystone
Welcome to the forum brother.
We're a very loving, kind, group of people here. Sorta different than most forums, where we love to enjoy each other, and be uplifting and encouraging.
We like to discuss, not argue or fight here, and bring glory to God in the way we treat each other, and I'm sure you'll enjoy that.

God bless you as you share with us. Many of us have different views, and we find that needs to be respected with graciousness and kindness, as we all travel the same road to find our way home.

Seasoned by Grace

Hello Christian Forums!

Yours in Christ,

Dustin
Welcome to the site.
I can't wait to see your POVs.

Dear Sister, ForHisGlory, HiddeninHim, Wondering, Norman, SeasonedbyGrace, Hawkman, and Hopeful,

Thank you for the warm welcome. Glad to be here.

I'd been a part of some Christian Forums back in the aught's and made some great connections . . . thought to get back on some of those forums and they're mostly gone.

I have a theory, that as smart phone use and social media use increased, forum participation decreased proportionally . . . I wonder if that is true? Seems to be . . . Sad, especially since I don't have, have never had, nor will I ever have a cell phone, and likewise don't engage in social media other than YouTube, which I don't really consider "social media" in the sense that most people use it in.

Anyway, Hope I can contribute here in a positive way.

Yours in Christ,

Dustin

I'd been a part of some Christian Forums back in the aught's and made some great connections . . . thought to get back on some of those forums and they're mostly gone.

I have a theory, that as smart phone use and social media use increased, forum participation decreased proportionally . . . I wonder if that is true? Seems to be . . . Sad, especially since I don't have, have never had, nor will I ever have a cell phone, and likewise don't engage in social media other than YouTube, which I don't really consider "social media" in the sense that most people use it in.

Hmm... what forums are you saying are mostly gone now? Just curious.

If I'm not mistaken.... Christian "chatrooms" were a thing before Christian forums. They were all the rage
in the early 2000's.... I can't seem to find them anymore... The ones I am talking about were easy to get into
and there was no such thing as paying for membership.

Hmm... what forums are you saying are mostly gone now? Just curious.
Primarily, I was a member of khouse.org's forum site . . . it is essentially gone, but they do have KI (Koinonia Institute) which has a forum, but with very, very little participation.

Then there was a private (invite only) message board called Bethel that I was a member of for a few years, but it disbanded . . .

Primarily, I was a member of khouse.org's forum site . . . it is essentially gone, but they do have KI (Koinonia Institute) which has a forum, but with very, very little participation.

Then there was a private (invite only) message board called Bethel that I was a member of for a few years, but it disbanded . . .

I see. Yes, there are some Christian forums out there which have very light participation. But as a rule, the smaller the forum, the less strife. So it's a tradeoff. This one is sort of a (to use a rather ridiculous analogy, but you'll get the point) "Golilock's porridge" type of place, if you will; not too hot, not too cold, but Just Right! Lol. Several here are members of other forums, and there are a few that are larger, but the larger and more trafficked, the rougher those places are; more infighting, more divisiveness, and greater hostility, though you will also get more coverage if you are trying to gain more visibility in public (say, if you want a bigger Youtube presence or something).

But if you are looking for a good place to just discuss scripture without having to get jumped the minute you say something, or face a higher volume of counter-arguments and difficult to deal with refutations, I recommend this forum very much. It's open to sharing any views, but generally still holds things closer to the cuff theologically, and it's a warm community, which is getting harder to come by these days.

If you ever decide you might like to branch out to some others, post me publicly and ask me to send you a conversation. I'll tell you what to expect at the larger ones. But this is definitely an excellent place to start, IMO.

I see. Yes, there are some Christian forums out there which have very light participation. But as a rule, the smaller the forum, the less strife. So it's a tradeoff.
AND oh how lovely that is.... it's not a trade-off to me. I think the biggest problem with forums is the lack of proper over-sight... and lack of accountability of staff and administration. That has been my experience.

If you ever decide you might like to branch out to some others, post me publicly and ask me to send you a conversation. I'll tell you what to expect at the larger ones. But this is definitely an excellent place to start, IMO.

Thanks for the orientation . . .

I did sign-up for a few . . . this one is the first one that seems like what I was used to / what I was looking for . . . So, looking forward to it.

If I'm not mistaken.... Christian "chatrooms" were a thing before Christian forums. They were all the rage
in the early 2000's.... I can't seem to find them anymore... The ones I am talking about were easy to get into
and there was no such thing as paying for membership.
Welcome to Christian Chat!
Christian chat rooms & forums
for live international fellowship
focused on sharing God's love.

Thanks for the orientation . . .

I did sign-up for a few . . . this one is the first one that seems like what I was used to / what I was looking for . . . So, looking forward to it.

Orientation 101. I can name a few too. LOL. :) But yes I would say this is my favorite. I go by Mayflower on a few other forums if you ever run into me. Glad you found us!

AND oh how lovely that is.... it's not a trade-off to me. I think the biggest problem with forums is the lack of proper over-sight... and lack of accountability of staff and administration. That has been my experience.
The oversight and accountability you speak of can become quite a daunting task. Remember, those who take on these responsibilities are volunteers, at least we are here, and we aren't online 24/7 so many times things grow out of hand before the staff even becomes aware and then cleaning up the discussions gets to be a lot of work.

As Christians it is my expectation and hope that we would take more of that responsibility for ourselves rather than leaving it up to others. I think about how Jesus spoke of loving others. He didn't say that it was our responsibility to coerce government or governing bodies into managing that responsibility, He said it was the responsibility of each of us.

Back