Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Greetings from retiree in Florida

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Eddie42

Entering this forum of the brethren, I wish to express my gratitude for such an online site. Maybe it is best that I just copy/paste my "About Me" into this introduction and let that speak for me. In reading someone's views it is helpful to know their perspective.

I am a bachelor, age 79 and I professed my faith and was baptized in immersion at age 9. My theology has evolved over the years and I am still learning and refining in my understanding of the Holy Scriptures. The KJV is my primary study Bible because God has surely blessed it for centuries, and for the layman, the Strong's number system is keyed to so many helps; but I use other translations as well, such as: ASV, RSV, REB and others. I'm generally a Protestant inclined to a more informal worship and I embrace the Three Ecumenical Creeds as well as the 1646 First London Confession of Faith, as best representing my understanding of the biblical message, and yes I am 'confessional'. I strive for strict and logical interpretation of the Scriptures using sound hermeneutics, rather than theological construction (1 Cor. 4:6 ASV). I consider myself a New Covenant child of God and follower of Jesus Christ by grace through faith. I pray for God the Holy Spirit to give me guidance in any post that I make. Me1 (2).JPG

Entering this forum of the brethren, I wish to express my gratitude for such an online site. Maybe it is best that I just copy/paste my "About Me" into this introduction and let that speak for me. In reading someone's views it is helpful to know their perspective.

I am a bachelor, age 79 and I professed my faith and was baptized in immersion at age 9. My theology has evolved over the years and I am still learning and refining in my understanding of the Holy Scriptures. The KJV is my primary study Bible because God has surely blessed it for centuries, and for the layman, the Strong's number system is keyed to so many helps; but I use other translations as well, such as: ASV, RSV, REB and others. I'm generally a Protestant inclined to a more informal worship and I embrace the Three Ecumenical Creeds as well as the 1646 First London Confession of Faith, as best representing my understanding of the biblical message, and yes I am 'confessional'. I strive for strict and logical interpretation of the Scriptures using sound hermeneutics, rather than theological construction (1 Cor. 4:6 ASV). I consider myself a New Covenant child of God and follower of Jesus Christ by grace through faith. I pray for God the Holy Spirit to give me guidance in any post that I make. View attachment 13004
Welcome aboard

Hi Eddie...
Hello Rollo, you mentioned OSAS and I am puzzled why you mentioned that since I did not refer to it in my first post. I actually hold to more of a perseverance of the saints understanding and maybe this is what you are referring to in your comment. Those truly born of God by his will, thus receiving his gift of faith will persevere to the end as I understand it. One passage where I find that is:

"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:31-32, KJV)

It must admit it irritates me to see the world lift the promise "the truth shall make you free" out of context and use it in vain. It is definitely the truth in Jesus Christ and the word of God that sets us free.

No cat is cuter than mine :)
My cats' a hunk!
All the girl cats fall all over him.
Sort of like a young Richard Gere.

young-richard-gere-1.jpg

Hey Rollo, my error! I did not realize the statement on OSAS was your Signature. I'll catch on to this.

LoL! A true newbie. :)

Welcome to the forum, Eddie, and yes, it takes a little while to figure out things. It can also be a bit of a learning curve learning to adapt to forum life. Not really for the faint of heart, if you know what I mean, but it will force you to grow in your endurance and long-suffering of others if you can weather the storm long enough to grow accustomed to what all is involved. Fortunately, you have chosen a pretty peaceful place to start. Even with those I disagree with here the conversation seem to be relatively peaceful, so I hope you enjoy your membership, meet some good friends, and grow in the knowledge of the Lord together with others.

Welcome once again.

Back