Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

HABITUAL LIARS : LOVE THEM OR WALK AWAY ??.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Anaphora

I once worked with co worker in 1990s. This person was a habitual liar. Would even lie straight to your face. I was young and naive back then. Eventually, I stayed away from this person. I had former friend, who betrayed secrets to my enemies. Once again, I was naive and didn't pick up on it quick enough. If you had family member who fit this category. Would you tolerate it ?? Proverbs 21 : 4. A high look, and a proud heart, and the plowing of the wicked is sin.

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

Close family I think God required live and respect. How to work that out with liars would be a huge challenge.

If it’s a cousin or something then I guess one could just smile and be cordial but distant for one’s safety. Maybe?

Once you have identified such a person, one has to doubt everything they say and seek confirmation from other more reliable source.
Do ensure you have a recent chapter and verse of an example of a lie.
Confrontation never works.

People who betray ones trust.
If they don't admit it and apologise, never trust them with anything you don't want shared.
Even if they repent, take your time in trusting them. They have to show they are trustworthy.

Unfortunately, the saying "Those who tell little white lies soon go colorblind" can take hold of a person to where they slowly become a chronic liar. The person can change for the worse as this sickness grows unabated to the point they spew worthless words at seemingly every whim. They don't realize the loss of integrity happens so very quickly while building up such takes massive amounts of time. Same with trust etc. I watched my mother among others just slide away into a mere facade. They remind me so much of the story The Great Divorce.

Hey All,
Interesting topic Anaphora; family members can be extremely tricky because you cannot just walk away. I have been blessed because my family members are supportive and trustworthy. I have never had to face habitual lying that way.

I have dealt with it at work. After I found out, I just became less social with them I stopped sharing my personal thoughts and information with them. I only spoke what needed to be said to get the job done. Sometimes, that's what you have to do. I hope this helps.
Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

I once worked with co worker in 1990s. This person was a habitual liar. Would even lie straight to your face. I was young and naive back then. Eventually, I stayed away from this person. I had former friend, who betrayed secrets to my enemies. Once again, I was naive and didn't pick up on it quick enough. If you had family member who fit this category. Would you tolerate it ?? Proverbs 21 : 4. A high look, and a proud heart, and the plowing of the wicked is sin.
Hello Anaphora.
From what I've learned, our dear Savior tolerated a lot of sin, including my own former sins and expects his followers to be like him with others now.
Of course, tolerating bad conduct doesn't mean we can't correct people. Or we can simply shake the dust off. It's ok.

Hello Anaphora.
From what I've learned, our dear Savior tolerated a lot of sin, including my own former sins and expects his followers to be like him with others now.
Of course, tolerating bad conduct doesn't mean we can't correct people. Or we can simply shake the dust off. It's ok.
Our Savior did not tolerate sin. For example, when He turned over the tables of the money-changers and chased them out with whips. Our Savior tolerates sinners, but only for a time, and if they die in their sins they are punished forever in Hell. Bad conduct ought never to be tolerated, but exposed and rebuked for the evil that is. This comes from a motive of love for God and our neighbor. If the habitual liar is not rebuked then he or she will continue his or her sinful conduct and lose his or her soul. To willingly be around such a person and tolerate such conduct is dangerous to one’s own moral welfare.

Then maybe by sharing this I can show you something you might not have seen.
We agree our Lord Jesus is the Messiah. What we might did agree on is this next part.
Daniel 9:24 says when Messiah appears, he will do six things and my belief is that these 6 things are fulfilled this way:

1. finish the transgression.
Satans' transgression of rebellion in attempting to overthrow God. The Messiah defeated Satan, but the devil must continue a short while longer because as members of Christs' body, demonic forces still rebel against him,[/b{

He who hears you hears Me, he who rejects you rejects Me, and he who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me. Lk.10:16 NKJV

And this demonic rebellion will continue until our heavenly Father can tolerate sinners who refused to repent any longer.

until both the number of their fellow servants and their brethren, who would be killed as they were, was completed.
Rev.6::11 NKJV

Maria,
Hopefully tomorrow I will finish the other 5 prophecies foretold through Daniel which Jesus himself fulfilled and continues to complete in us.
I wNt you to know that all I'm doing is writing down thoughts that I have while I'm reading the Scriptures and what I'm writing is bizarre but when I'm done, it has continuity to it, it makes sense and I would like your opinion of it.

I would also like you to know that for the better part of my so-called Christian life, I don't believe I ever represented God the way I should have and it's because of what the scripture I cited above says, which is that we represent Christ, who is God and that when people hear us, they hear his gospel on which their life depends. That scares me more than it ever has before. I am just now learning that before I tell others. What God wants them to know I put my hand over my mouth. And before I do something I better stop and consider if that if it would dishonor God in any way.

I value your feedback, and if you can find a contradiction in scripture with anything I said, please let me know because I don't want to corrupt God's word.

I want you to know just so there's no misunderstanding I do not believe what the reformers sad about many things concerning salvation.
Lastly please excuse any any typographical errors in my post as I have arthritis and I'm tired of directing the errors. God bless.

2, make an end of sins, 3) make reconciliation for iniquity, 4. bring in everlasting righteousness, 5. seal up the vision and prophecy,and to 6. anoint the most Holy.

Last edited:
2, make an end of sins, 3) make reconciliation for iniquity, 4. bring in everlasting righteousness, 5. seal up the vision and prophecy,and to 6. anoint the most Holy.

I'll can cite scripture for the rest of our sweet Saviors' overwhelming victory, but basically
2 ) Jesus ends sins by the way he gave rock solid reasons to believe and forgiving the repentant
3 ) Jesus gave his life teaching, healing, holding back his wrath against vile sinners bringing people to a right understanding and therefore right relationship with out Father
4 ) Righteousness is simply how God has always worked and bringing it in the way he always has been ( everlasting ) will be shown when believers from beginning to end are seen, all saved only by faith in him.
5 ) seal up the vision by making it impossible to unlock proohecy without faith i. him.

###
6 ) anoint the most holy.
This is an act Messiah does proving he's God. because after he ascended to heaven and entered the place where all high priests met with God once a year, he sprinkled the law with his blood and then sat on the Throne.

We have to be careful in how we think about Satan. He's just an enemy that influences people. Jesus said love people influenced by demons.

Eze.28 talks about the Prince of Tyre and the King of Tyre. The Prince represents anti-Christ who is influenced by Satan and the King of Tyre represents Satan.

What does God think of these powerful people?

thou shalt be a man, and no God.....
will bring thee to ashes upon the earth vs.28:9,18

To God they're just like ordinary men and God also showed us

...iIt is for the sake of people, so God can clearly show them that they are like animals. For the fate of humans and the fate of animals are the same: As one dies, so dies the other; Eze,3.17-18

So God shows us that without his Spirit, men are equal to cows and since Satan is nothing more than a man, he's just a cow.

It's important to remember though that even though the devil is a cow, he like a bull in a china shop and God warns us about making fun of him.

Jesus said love your enemies and people who love their enemies fon't insult them. So, if you see a cow out in the field don't wave and say, Hey devil how dies that grass taste? I wonder if Job named one of his cows Satan.

Then maybe by sharing this I can show you something you might not have seen.
We agree our Lord Jesus is the Messiah. What we might did agree on is this next part.
I’m glad we agree that Jesus Christ is the Messiah. However, it’s clear in your reply that what follows is your, or someone’s else’s, private interpretation of Scripture. Please keep keep in mind 2 Peter 1:20:

“Knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of private interpretation.”

Where did you find those teachings? How did you become convinced by them?

Please be aware, from the beginning of the Church, heretics have misused Scripture to create sects and spread heresies. There are so many errors in your replies that one hardly knows where to begin. For example, you wrote that Satan is nothing more than a man. Such a statement has never been held by Christian’s throughout the whole history of the Church, and is contradicted by Scripture. Why do you think Satan is a man?

Another example, you wrote “anointing the most holy is an act Messiah does proving he's God. because after he ascended to heaven and entered the place where all high priests met with God once a year, he sprinkled the law with his blood and then sat on the Throne.”

We know Jesus did many things during his earthly life proving His Divinity i.e., raising people from the dead, casting out devils, restoring sight to the blind. He is Himself the Most Holy, so who else is the Messiah anointing? Where is the Scriptural proof of Jesus, after His ascension, entering a “place where all high priests met with God once a year,” or that “he sprinkled the law with his blood and then sat on the throne”? Why once a year? For what purpose? What happened during this supposed meeting with God once a year?

None of these supposed prophecies are found anywhere in Scripture and it has never been taught by the Church.

The Bible specifically warns against misusing the Scriptures to create false doctrines which lead to destruction. Private interpretation leads only to confusion and error. Our Lord founded His Church and promised to be with His Church and to guide her in all truth forever. Our Lord gave authority to His Church and appointed it sole interpreter of the Holy Scripture. The Church alone is infallible in its teachings in faith and morals. Outside of the Church there is only confusion and error which leads to destruction. One needs only to consider the thousands of sects and cults, all of them claiming the Bible for the source of their teachings, all of them in disagreement in doctrinal matters and what’s necessary for salvation. Doctrinal chaos is the bad fruit of man-made religion.

Journeyman, you asked my opinion. The things you wrote raise a lot of questions. They also contradict the infallible truths of the faith. Please let me know where you first learned these things you write about and how you become convinced by them.

Sincerely,
Maria

Back