Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Has Cessationist Apologetics failed because of Cognitive Dissonance?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Alfred Persson

MR
2024 Supporter
Fallible Prophecy is a good example. Cessationists see the presence of false prophecy in the church today as proof Modern Prophecy is not a continuation of the first century.

We are shocked when our charismatic brothers and sisters don't agree.

Unknown to us, its very traumatic to admit one is wrong, its like rejecting everything good one thinks about themself, so most will fight tooth and nail not to do that.

This video explains that. You can begin at Frame 1:09 and not miss anything:

With my apologetics once trained on Jehovah Witness, when they mention "the apocalyptic cult" I immediately recalled what happened various times among the JWs from 1914-1918, as they modified their predictions of a literal visible return of Christ in 1914.

Surprisingly few JW lost faith even when the Society was clearly shown to be a false prophet.

They illustrate precisely how Cognitive Dissonance can overrule all rational thought.

Last edited:
Fallible Prophecy is a good example. Cessationists see the presence of false prophecy in the church today as proof Modern Prophecy is not a continuation of the first century.

We are shocked when our charismatic brothers and sisters don't agree.

Unknown to us, its very traumatic to admit one is wrong, its like rejecting everything good one thinks about themself, so most will fight tooth and nail not to do that.

This video explains that. You can begin at Frame 1:09 and not miss anything:

With my apologetics once trained on Jehovah Witness, when they mention "the apocalyptic cult" I immediately recalled what happened various times among the JWs from 1914-1918, as they modified their predictions of a literal visible return of Christ in 1914.

Surprisingly few JW lost faith even when the Society was clearly shown to be a false prophet.

They illustrate precisely how Cognitive Dissonance can overrule all rational thought.
A correction.

After 1874 JWs put the invisible return of Christ in 1914, but they also thought Armageddon and the End of the World would happen soon after. They keep pushing that date forward, My information is old, 1975 is the last date I know of. There may be others.

And the video on Cognitive Dissonance is here:

Last edited:
A correction.

After 1874 JWs put the invisible return of Christ in 1914, but they also thought Armageddon and the End of the World would happen soon after. They keep pushing that date forward, My information is old, 1975 is the last date I know of. There may be others.

And the video on Cognitive Dissonance is here:
2000 to a degree

Back