Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hate crimes?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I understand that the reasoning is that crimes based on a Person's identity are treated harsher to detur the actions. I don't think it works.

It's not the thoughts being punished, but the motives behind a crime.

punishment won't cut it.
once again it would depend if it was physical as in racial even the gay bar shooting . as i stated so often they use it when one speaks of something being wrong example same sex relationship ..you say how and where it is wrong say it out of love, let it be

I understand that the reasoning is that crimes based on a Person's identity are treated harsher to detur the actions. I don't think it works.

It's not the thoughts being punished, but the motives behind a crime.
How does one know the crime is based on another’s identity? What if the perpetrator was deeply cheated by an establishment and shot people in it and that establishment happens to be one frequented by:
women or asians or swedes or red haired irishmen? Is that a hatred of these groups?

define hate crime !!! speaking out against is not a hate crime. destroying something one does not agree in the name of self justice . i detest Abortion but blowing up a abortion clinic in the name of self justice or a skin color crime
Again, how you know it’s a crime against a particular group? What if the perpetrator’s daughter died in that abortion clinic and he went bezirk? That’s the point, how do we KNOW the mind of the offender.

He’d better not say he hated those people if he’s smart. He’d better say they robbed him or his ex was there who took everything he owned.

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

I kind of think that adding punishment makes unacceptable thoughts a crime.

Am I wrong?
First things first.
What is a hate crime?
Currently it is any speech, written word or action that is against current ways of thinking.

So should a pastor be prosecuted for reading the bible on marriage?

Here is what can happen in the uk. see above link.

First things first.
What is a hate crime?
Currently it is any speech, written word or action that is against current ways of thinking.

So should a pastor be prosecuted for reading the bible on marriage?

Here is what can happen in the uk. see above link.
That’s how it is designed to work.

Everybody who hates another person, shows that through a lack of love ( God is love who layed His life down in love for all)

Everybody who hurts another in any way, shows hate.

Idle words, questions, every word we speak is all accountable, and so for the deceivers who think we wont be judged by God for being adulterers and fornicators, sadly they have further to account for, and further to be judged as guilty, for speaking only to deceive the ones who hear them.

Hebrews 13:4 Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

Matthew 1234 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Titus 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.
9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

You don't understand society today do you.

A Christian can speak the truth lovingly and gently and still end up being charged with a hate crime.
Please follow the link I posted and read the article, or do your own research to find out what todays society considers to be ' hate crime'.
exactly

Again, how you know it’s a crime against a particular group? What if the perpetrator’s daughter died in that abortion clinic and he went bezirk? That’s the point, how do we KNOW the mind of the offender.

He’d better not say he hated those people if he’s smart. He’d better say they robbed him or his ex was there who took everything he owned.
i give up how?

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

I kind of think that adding punishment makes unacceptable thoughts a crime.

Am I wrong?

That sure is the way they are using hate crimes, right?

The problem I have with that is, there at least used to be a legal principle of corpus delcti . If you don't have a body you don't have a crime yet.

Now not everyone goes around murdering but the principle stands for non violent crimes also in that...who is the victim? If there's no victim, then where is the crime?

Ok, let's say a person was murdered. He's dead and the suspect is in custody. The suspect will be charged with Murder in whatever degree and that covers the crime that was done to the victim, he's dead.

Well we are going to call this a Hate Crime and will bring the hate crime charge seperately with the Murder charge...

What? How? Why? Did the suspect kill him twice? SO Hate crimes are stupid at their core. If the suspect was unusally brutal in the murder then give him life (or death) for the murder instead of 25 years, paroled in 8. I can see that, but the whole "official hate crime" charge is ridiculous and an oppression on the people in general.

The Thought Police are coming! Tom Cruise got a copy of your Minority Report and asked me for your address...! But don't worry, I threw him out on on his butt. Lol

That’s my thing…

I’m gay. Not actively now that I’m in Christ but gay. I was attacked once. Bashed on the head with a pipe. And…

No one was charged…separated issue in my case. My best guess is that the dudes who did it probably ended up in prison for other crimes. So….

If I could magically find them would I want them charge with a hate crime? I don’t think so. Whatever sort of assault charges apply in that sort of case would be sufficient for me. It also cuts both ways…

I had an upstairs neighbor renting not too long ago. He and his roommate left a leak in their bathroom going and I had to get my parents to call the hoa and blah blah blah. It was extra stupid because after a plumber finally came out it was ok ✅ and…

My parents didn’t tell me until he’d moved out but he tried to make it a racial issue. He was a black dude I’m a white gay dude. Never spoken to the man 1 time and he accused me of dropping n bombs. My parents were even getting calls from other owners trying to stir up trouble.

I dunno 🤷‍♂️ I guess I should learn from that and accuse the latest round of obnoxious renters if gay bashing lol 😆

That’s my thing…

I’m gay. Not actively now that I’m in Christ but gay. I was attacked once. Bashed on the head with a pipe. And…

No one was charged…separated issue in my case. My best guess is that the dudes who did it probably ended up in prison for other crimes. So….

If I could magically find them would I want them charge with a hate crime? I don’t think so. Whatever sort of assault charges apply in that sort of case would be sufficient for me. It also cuts both ways…

I had an upstairs neighbor renting not too long ago. He and his roommate left a leak in their bathroom going and I had to get my parents to call the hoa and blah blah blah. It was extra stupid because after a plumber finally came out it was ok ✅ and…

My parents didn’t tell me until he’d moved out but he tried to make it a racial issue. He was a black dude I’m a white gay dude. Never spoken to the man 1 time and he accused me of dropping n bombs. My parents were even getting calls from other owners trying to stir up trouble.

I dunno 🤷‍♂️ I guess I should learn from that and accuse the latest round of obnoxious renters if gay bashing lol 😆

I don't understand why you still identify with them? You are not gay, you are a child of God now and have said that here almost 400 thousand times. So clearly, you are a child of God. Saved. Old man dead. Right?

Back