Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

He will show you things to come...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Eventide

I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

The Spirit of truth will show us things to come...

So this thread is simply for that..

Things to come...

What are they...?

..whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak..

I've often wondered if this is referring to the Holy Spirit within a believer hearing and then speaking to us... even within our heart and mind etc... not so much audibly, but rather more through the washing of water by the word.

SO what are some of the obvious things we've heard Him speak to us.. concerning things to come... or the things which shall be hereafter..?

His coming again perhaps would be of the utmost magnitude... because of course there are staggering things associated with His coming, and concerning the things which shall be hereafter.

Things like the resurrection of the dead...

The dead in Christ and those alive and who remain being caught up together to meet the LORD in the air...

The marriage of the Lamb to His wife...

Things which we can't even begin to fathom...

And yet we know for sure that they're coming... because we know that He is coming...

In that Day... the Day of the LORD, the Day of Jesus Christ... which shall come as a thief in the night and as travail upon a woman with child..

At the revelation of Jesus Christ... whom the Heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things...

I think that He has certainly told us much of the things which shall be hereafter... and yet we have not yet even begun to uncover the unsearchable riches in our Lord Jesus Christ.

A marriage made in Heaven...

It should remind us of that ancient story in the OT book of Genesis where Abraham sent his eldest servant to find a bride for his master's son... who had inherited all things of his father..

This is what that servant is saying to us... imo... somehow and miraculously showing us what's ahead... and the most amazing thing imo is that Rebekah was heading to where Isaac was... He was not coming to where she was, she was coming to where HE was... and he took her into his mother's tent and there she became His wife..

I believe that this speaks of the mother of us all.. the Heavenly Jerusalem... where we shall be taken and there become the Lamb's wife..

John could only fall in worship...

The Holy Spirit of God hasn't shown anyone in CF anything that is to come ?
Of things to come, who are they who are with Jesus when He takes His throne? Thanks.
What are you speaking of ? Scripture reference ?
Uh, but if I give scripture, would that in effect be the Holy Spirit revealing things to come to you? Though if I ask when Jesus receives His own throne and God shows you we have no disagreement.

the Heavenly Jerusalem... where we shall be taken and there become the Lamb's wife..
Wouldn't that be mount Sion?

Uh, but if I give scripture, would that in effect be the Holy Spirit revealing things to come to you?

Of course... unless of course you have audible conversations with the LORD... :)

Though if I ask when Jesus receives His own throne and God shows you we have no disagreement.

Once again, without a scripture reference I can only guess what you're speaking of. Matthew 19 and Matthew 25 speak of the LORD sitting upon the throne of His glory in the regeneration... and that is certainly a thing to come.

the Heavenly Jerusalem... where we shall be taken and there become the Lamb's wife..
Wouldn't that be mount Sion?

Yes

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

22 But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly NIV

Amplified Bible (AMP)
22 But rather, you have come to Mount Zion, even to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to countless multitudes of angels in festal gathering,

Once again, without a scripture reference I can only guess what you're speaking of. Matthew 19 and Matthew 25 speak of the LORD sitting upon the throne of His glory in the regeneration... and that is certainly a thing to come.
Well I reckon that since the word of God declares it, the Holy Spirit is involved in its manifestation, and Revelation 4:2 tells us of a throne set in heaven, and I'll continue to press this home until someone finally understands it. :wave

Well I reckon that since the word of God declares it, the Holy Spirit is involved in its manifestation, and Revelation 4:2 tells us of a throne set in heaven, and I'll continue to press this home until someone finally understands it. :wave

There's no doubt that Revelation 4:2 speaks of a throne... just as there is no doubt that Matthew 19 and Matthew 25 speak of the Lord sitting upon the throne of His glory in the regeneration. I'll continue to press this home until someone finally understands it.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

I'll continue to press this home until someone finally understands it.

OK, I am here..........had family night so did not get through to the forums till late.

These questioning are prime examples of Christians who do not respect nor seek the gift of tongues, even when they are told every believe can have this awesome gift they miss out and ignore then they have questions that would have been answered if they had just did what you asked them to do. Seek, until you get............. Very simple.

What is Jesus saying?

Joh 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
Joh 16:18 They said therefore, What is this that he saith, A little while? we cannot tell what he saith.
Joh 16:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

Jesus is saying that I am outta here!!! I am leaving you guys. Yet he reminds them that...........

Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Joh 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Jesus is not going to leave them comfortless, He is sending the awesome comforter, Jesus is not going to leave them without directions because He is sending the Spirit that guides you into all truth and shows you things to come.

That is the whole subject of the Article, I am leaving, but I am sending something better.

Before, Jesus did all the decision making and guiding them as they followed. After the Holy Spirit comes and does the guiding and comfort.

1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Those that Love God have no way of knowing what God has prepared, or planed for them. Everyone that is born again has a plan of those that Love God. The Spirit of truth will guide us into all truth and show us what is to come. This is what Jesus was telling them. He was telling them your still going to get direction, your still going to be guided, your still going to know what is to come.

1Co 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Jer_33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
Mar_4:22 For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad.

So, instead of following around Jesus which there would be a very long line today with all the believers to get directions, we have the Holy Spirit which is able to fill all in all and give direction to all in all those things God has planed and wants to reveal to us.

Rom_8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Gal_5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

So, the Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth for what you have to do, and show you what is to come for your life. It's not about things already written as the whole context was the disciples who lived their life following Jesus around. Jesus said................ Don't worry, I am sending someone to guide you and lead you.

Paul said the same thing, we would be clueless if we did not have the Holy Spirit to reveal the plan of God and show us what God has prepared for us.

You can't follow a plan if you don't have the vision.................without the vision, you have nothing to focus on. Nothing to focus on, then you will be dissatisfied in life, and out of the plan of God. To get the plan, you have to see a glimpse of what is to come, and where to start.

This is what the Lord was referring to when He told his disciples he was leaving them.

The Holy Spirit of God hasn't shown anyone in CF anything that is to come ?

The list is long!!! from short time things, to things in the future.

One short time thing was I was at the bank and the Holy Spirit showed me a brief picture of a man in a wheel chair that was a Sam's club. The Lord then said, "Go, talk to him for me." So, I drive to Sam's Club, walk in and then I get another picture (Some would call them visions, but whatever) I see this man in the produce section. So, I proceed over to that section just to see if any such man in a wheel chair was there.

Being willing to step out with no thought about embarrassing yourself is very important to getting further directions. If you can't be a fool for Christ, you won't be used.

A long term thing to come was a time I was in the shower and the Lord said, "I am anointing you to teach, take my people and teach them and help them, you will also Pastor a Church."

A few things the Lord needed to know here.............. I was in prison at the time and under two other bible leaders in what was called the Christian wing. I was also not qualified to Pastor a ant farm, let alone people.

Months go by..................... I was given the opportunity to take my turn at bible studies but I just sucked horribly. It was dry, and I stumbled around and it was just awful.

We have to keep in mind, that knowing something does not make it automatic. Some believers hear God but get confused because they have years of being faithful in something small to move to the next step. They feel if God told them, then others should just move out of their way and give them a place at the company, head position, leader of this or that or even get up and teach in their church. It don't work like that. Showing you things to come normally means years if it is part of the big plan of God. Many get impatient and leave their place and miss everything.

Well, it ended up I was voted to be leader of the Christian wing. The anointing to teach came to me at that time (Amazing difference to be anointed to do something as opposed to just giving head knowledge) It was a few years later I was asked to Pastor a church with no qualifications. I did and it was awesome.

All those things came much later, but I had something to keep preparing for and getting ready. You never know when that door will be opened and God uses those that are ready and focused on the plan.

I can't stress enough the importance of speaking in tongues............... I fully believe it's a key to hearing God because it's in my prayer times that the Lord speaks to me as we speak mysteries to God, He imparts the interpretation in our spirit man to get direction and the plan. Seek this gift, it's yours.................

Mike.

the regeneration
Please explain your concept of "Regeneration" if other than our new birth, and to the timeline of that rule.

To me it simply means what's coming after this present generation... staggering things like the resurrection of the dead, the restitution of all things...

Why, what's it mean to you... specifically the Lord sitting upon the throne of His glory in the regeneration... with His Apostles also sitting upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel..?

Brother Mike,

Thanks but no thanks... I'd rather speak five words which people can understand than many which nobody understands.

the regeneration
Please explain your concept of "Regeneration" if other than our new birth, and to the timeline of that rule.
To me it simply means what's coming after this present generation... staggering things like the resurrection of the dead, the restitution of all things...
Why, what's it mean to you... specifically the Lord sitting upon the throne of His glory in the regeneration... with His Apostles also sitting upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel..?
The rule of Jesus as God Almighty begins with Him taking the place of authority in Revelation 4:2, “a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne†until 1 Corinthians 15:28 “And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.†All future events evidenced showing the judgment will occur within this time frame, and then comes eternity.

the regeneration
The rule of Jesus as God Almighty begins with Him taking the place of authority in Revelation 4:2, “a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne†until 1 Corinthians 15:28 “And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.†All future events evidenced showing the judgment will occur within this time frame, and then comes eternity.

Eugene,

I hope that I'm wrong here... although it appears to me that you do not believe Matthew 19 and Matthew 25 with respect to the LORD then sitting upon the throne of his glory with His Apostles also sitting upon twelve thrones.

The reason I say this is because these are perfectly plain statements in the scriptures... and yet when I asked you what they mean to you... nothing... as if they aren't even there.

I really don't understand why this is.. is there something wrong with the Lord coming and then sitting upon the throne of His glory ?

Brother Mike,

Thanks but no thanks... I'd rather speak five words which people can understand than many which nobody understands.

Spirit will direct, show path.

I hope that sums it up.

Eugene,

I hope that I'm wrong here... although it appears to me that you do not believe Matthew 19 and Matthew 25 with respect to the LORD then sitting upon the throne of his glory with His Apostles also sitting upon twelve thrones.

The reason I say this is because these are perfectly plain statements in the scriptures... and yet when I asked you what they mean to you... nothing... as if they aren't even there.

I really don't understand why this is.. is there something wrong with the Lord coming and then sitting upon the throne of His glory ?
Mat 19:28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Mat 25:31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

Just what time period of Jesus’ rule do you suppose these to be? I don’t expect the exact date but just what is the Lord’s Day to you? Please explain in detail what you’re attempting to say.

Back