Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hello from me

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

MandyJ

Hello,I am Mandy and a devoted Christian of two years and will be 3 in March.All happened after getting out of prison after serving a 25 year sentence.I made bad choices before this after I turned 13 and decided to go in the right path after getting out.My parents suggested I go and has helped me get my life on the right track.I knew I did sin and those sins are gone now.

Hi MandyJ and welcome to CF :wave2

Many of us have made bad choices in our lives and thank God for His mercy and grace helping us to set our feet on the right path every time we fall off of it. I use to do Prison Ministry back in the early 2000's and I use to tell the inmates it is easy to find Christ while you are confined in here, but if you do not keep Him in your heart when you get out you will find Him again when you return. I don't know how many times I saw some return and tell me I was right.

Looking forward in getting to know you and sharing with each other. God bless:)

I did time for murder,ex made me pull the trigger.Was charged as an adult at age 16 and got a plea deal which I said yes to.I assaulted a cop,got into the drugs and alcohol,beat up a girl.The drugs and alcohol,a minor in possession smoking a drug and two minor in possessions for the alcohol.Did get my GED,have a good job and going back to school next month for automotive.At 44,I learned my lesson and do not want to go back to prison

I did time for murder,ex made me pull the trigger.Was charged as an adult at age 16 and got a plea deal which I said yes to.I assaulted a cop,got into the drugs and alcohol,beat up a girl.The drugs and alcohol,a minor in possession smoking a drug and two minor in possessions for the alcohol.Did get my GED,have a good job and going back to school next month for automotive.At 44,I learned my lesson and do not want to go back to prison
No one made you pull the trigger, MandyJ. You did that all on your own.

Having said that, welcome to our forum.

I took responsibility for my actions.
Then why say it was your ex who 'made you' pull the trigger (post 4)? Please don't blame another for your actions. This is not the way of contrition and repentance.

I very much hope that your new life works out well for you, and that you find - and retain - peace of heart and mind.

Handed me the shot gun and ex told me to do it
Boy we jumped right in didn’t we.

I think a lot of us finally get to the point of seeing our guilt. Repentance, then Jesus, then the Holy Spirit. I have no idea exactly where you are but our job is to get to the heart of issues.

The tempter tries to lead us astray. Resisting temptation is in the Lord’s Prayer. Growth is possible.

Welcome aboard. Reality therapy right off the bat. Tough love but love none the less. Hopefully you get some compassion along the way. It takes both.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

When I was a kid my father used to beat my mother from time to time...on occasions, knocking her unconscious. I remember fleeing to my grandfather's house for help - torn apart by fear for my mother, and guilt for ratting on my father. On every violent occasion, my father would shout at my mam: 'Look what you made me do!'

MandyJ's words have touched a nerve. I really do hate that accusation.
Tears do come when we get to inner issues.

eddif

1 Corinthians 6:9 kjv
9. Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10. Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God

Whosoever that will may come. Sounds like the member background here realizes how to deal with a lot of issues.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Good testimony that you can use now to help others in giving them hope that are in the same situation as you were. I can see God using you in a powerful way.

No one made you pull the trigger, MandyJ. You did that all on your own.

Having said that, welcome to our forum.
You can not say that to MandyJ as you were not there nor do you know the circumstances she was under. She has already paid the price for her actions and she does not need a guilt trip placed on her, but now as a child of God we need to be here to support her and her walk in the Lord.

Then why say it was your ex who 'made you' pull the trigger (post 4)? Please don't blame another for your actions. This is not the way of contrition and repentance.

I very much hope that your new life works out well for you, and that you find - and retain - peace of heart and mind.
WOW!!! why are you persecuting her. She gave a wonderful testimony of God's mercy and grace extended to her that shows no matter what we have done God still loves us and wants us to turn back to Him as she has done. The things you are saying are very hurtful.

Back