Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hello just a recap on where I have been and so forth...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Warrior8080

Hello again,

I'm sure some of you remember me, I joined the forum roughly a year ago I think...

I stopped posting for a while because foolishly I must admit, no worse than foolishly dangerously I did something which we all know we should not do.

and I quote "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the council of the ungodly" Psalms 1 and yet I did.

Now, I must defend my position, I believed they were like a family, but they were not. They were drug users philanderers and users and I feel rather ashamed that I let myself get caught up in all that. They were like rogues, stealing and bitching and using all too much. But my friends our lord god was like a lion and he hereto ripped apart my soul and I was set so deep... It was unthinkable.

I promptly checked myself into rehab and started to pray for forgiveness, and slowly but surely I began to feel better. But I was rather ashamed as the lord Gods anger was great.

To be honest in that predicament I felt very much trapped like I could not leave. They were not good people and one of them got rather angry when I mentioned Jesus and started to turn the others against me.

My sorrow is great.

While in rehab I met some good people caring people although "caring" is rather loose term these days I must admit. But the nurses, male and female, patched me up and spent a great deal of time getting to know me and helping the healing process. I can thank the NHS for that. I was there 3 months and I anguished but then gradually started to feel better. I prayed to Jesus his most highly and recited prayers from psalms. It is hard to find good care and affection these days. However there was one moment while in rehab that I truly felt like I touched with God. In trying to understand his love for us all, it brought me to tears and I felt awed by hus justice and forgiveness on this here earth.

I am now out of rehab and thrust once again into this very particular world that we live in. I have the support of a loving mother and sister and brother and some distant family relatives as well.

I have to say that I am still growing as a christian every day. Christianity has taught me many valuable lessons, human kindness, some deep lessons from the bible. His lord Jesus who probably has to help millions of souls every day. I suppose that in awe of God, and slightly fearful we are in his reverence as he is our most dread sovereign.

My writing may seem a bit haphazardous as I am wary of Gods wrath.

Here is a psalm that has kept me going these past few days,

"He hath delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me"

Hi Warrior,,,,
It's good to have you back and especially good to hear that you're off drugs.
Anything that requires us to worship it, like drugs, is not good for us....
this is the evil one always at work in this world.
We must be freed from him and I believe you've come to understand this.
I like Romans 6:16
16Do you not know that when you present yourselves to someone as slaves for obedience, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness?

Warrior...don't be a slave to anything or anyone.
And if you're going to be...let it be God !

Look at the next verses:

17But thanks be to God that though you were slaves of sin, you became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching to which you were committed,
18and having been freed from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.

I thank God you're here and pray you stay close to God always.

Hello again,

I'm sure some of you remember me, I joined the forum roughly a year ago I think...

I stopped posting for a while because foolishly I must admit, no worse than foolishly dangerously I did something which we all know we should not do.

and I quote "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the council of the ungodly" Psalms 1 and yet I did.

Now, I must defend my position, I believed they were like a family, but they were not. They were drug users philanderers and users and I feel rather ashamed that I let myself get caught up in all that. They were like rogues, stealing and bitching and using all too much. But my friends our lord god was like a lion and he hereto ripped apart my soul and I was set so deep... It was unthinkable.

I promptly checked myself into rehab and started to pray for forgiveness, and slowly but surely I began to feel better. But I was rather ashamed as the lord Gods anger was great.

To be honest in that predicament I felt very much trapped like I could not leave. They were not good people and one of them got rather angry when I mentioned Jesus and started to turn the others against me.

My sorrow is great.

While in rehab I met some good people caring people although "caring" is rather loose term these days I must admit. But the nurses, male and female, patched me up and spent a great deal of time getting to know me and helping the healing process. I can thank the NHS for that. I was there 3 months and I anguished but then gradually started to feel better. I prayed to Jesus his most highly and recited prayers from psalms. It is hard to find good care and affection these days. However there was one moment while in rehab that I truly felt like I touched with God. In trying to understand his love for us all, it brought me to tears and I felt awed by hus justice and forgiveness on this here earth.

I am now out of rehab and thrust once again into this very particular world that we live in. I have the support of a loving mother and sister and brother and some distant family relatives as well.

I have to say that I am still growing as a christian every day. Christianity has taught me many valuable lessons, human kindness, some deep lessons from the bible. His lord Jesus who probably has to help millions of souls every day. I suppose that in awe of God, and slightly fearful we are in his reverence as he is our most dread sovereign.

You removed toxic relationships from your life who were "like family". Be ever so grateful you had real family to turn to. For some of us, it was the real (biological)family who were the toxic ones. You have already been blessed in a way you may not fully appreciate yet. The Lord saved a wretch like me so I'm sure your relationship with Him is on the mend. Just know there may be some residual consequences from sin that may have to be dealt with for a time. Stay close to the Lord. Cling to Him like your life is counting on it........because it is. Praying for you.

2 Corinthians 12:9 Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Warrior8080 I thank God for you and the testimony you now have that can help others overcome as you have. Everything is a day by day process as we draw closer to the Lord as we grow in our relationship with Christ. God's grace is sufficient for when we are weak, He will make us strong. Glad you have family support and know you have our support to help you grow in the Lord and you are loved dearly.

Welcome back and may God continue to bless you and your family :hug

Hello again,

My sorrow is great.

Welcome back.

God bless you.

JLB

2 Corinthians 12:9 Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2 Corinthians 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Warrior8080 I thank God for you and the testimony you now have that can help others overcome as you have. Everything is a day by day process as we draw closer to the Lord as we grow in our relationship with Christ. God's grace is sufficient for when we are weak, He will make us strong. Glad you have family support and know you have our support to help you grow in the Lord and you are loved dearly.

Welcome back and may God continue to bless you and your family :hug
Thank you very much for these quotes, they carry well.

Thank you for your testimony. One day God will use your experience to bring others to the Lord. As for friends, try finding friends among Christians within your Christian community or within your Church. We need each other to keep our faith strong in the Lord.

Here is a known saying: a single stick can easily be broken, but it is hard to break a bundle of sticks. Keep close to Christians you know who loves the Lord dearly.

Back