Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Heroes

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Has anyone else watched any of this show? Caroline and I like the story lines for the most part. It's good science fiction. The few drawbacks are it shows the culture we live in as worldly as it is and the concept is based on evolution as most superhero themes are.

I used to watch it all the time, but then I realized I was following wwwaaayyy too many tv shows and had to cut back. I heard the ratings aren't near as good this year, is that true?

I wouldn't know. We watch via netflix so we're starting at the very begining.

Our solution to not following TV shows: Don't have Cable/Satelite :)

First season: couldn't stop watching it on netflix, in fact, because my internet was taking too long to download each episode, I ran over to Best Buy and bought the season as soon as i could.

Second Season: pretty good, nowhere near the level of the first

Third Season: meh. became un-interested

Fourth Season: didn't bother.

Spartan_029 said:
First season: couldn't stop watching it on netflix, in fact, because my internet was taking too long to download each episode, I ran over to Best Buy and bought the season as soon as i could.

Second Season: pretty good, nowhere near the level of the first

Third Season: meh. became un-interested

Fourth Season: didn't bother.
fourth was the last season.never cared for it, poor imatation of xmen.

Yeah no season matched the first. Plus the last season I started watching they had to make one of the heroes start dealing with lesbianism and that's not something I feel my kids should have to deal with everywhere you turn, so we stopped watching.

Thanks for the heads up. Season one really was a blast to watch, but the further the season went, you started to see where the twists would be.

Half way into Season 2 and Caroline and I are losing Interest. The Hiro storyline has almost nothing to do with the other storylines. It's also kinda annoying that they are reusing some powers when a little creativity would be great and have more to work with.

-HUMBLED- said:
Well not to spoil it for you but the Hiro and Kensei storyline will tie in. You'll see.

Good! At least we're not completely wasting our time there :gah That part just doesn't seem to fit with the seriousness of the rest of the show... It reminds me of the Hercules show.

I love Heroes!

I am half way through season 3 now, and the various twists and how the line up with earlier storylines I am finding interesting. I love the Hiro storyline, his character is just so random and quirky. It is like there are these politics dividing the other characters, but his just does his own thing lol.

My impression is that "Lost" ushered in a modern genre of prime time serial TV and raised the bar. I love having a continuous story line and puzzles to figure out. But in my opinion, Lost is so well done, it's hard to match in its intelligence. I tried watching Hero's. I got about 6 episodes in and just lost interest. It was better than I thought it would be. I thought they would spend the first episode or 2 showing how a group of heroes come together and then use every one after that showing them fight crime. I completely misread the focus of the series.

I was very captivated by the first several episodes, but for some reason, it just didn't stick. I watched them on Netflix too. When I ask people for recommendations for people who like "Lost", Heroes is often cited as is "The Wire". I've never seen The Wire. I don't have HBO, and HBO doesn't sell their shows to Netflix.

Anyway...lost interest in Heroes before the end of season 1.

Back