Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Hi All - I am DancesWithGnostics

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

DancesWithGnostics

Retired Arminian Commando
Raised Methodist - now Nazarene as of a few months.
Baptized as an infant (so they tell me - I have no "independent recollection" of it.)
Saved at 19. Baptised again - Immersion.
Arminian.
Continuationist.
Eschatology would be "at the last trumpet"- not 7 years before it.

Baptized as an infant (so they tell me - I have no "independent recollection" of it.)
Arminian.
Continuationist.

Well hello! I know you too. Nice to see you on here!!! Guess who I am. :)

Arminian.
Continuationist.

Welcome Brother. Love your screen name lol.

Welcome!

Symbolism (especially human body symbolism) is one of my things. Kind of of interested in the symbolism of DancesWithKnostics

Mississippi Redneck
eddif

hi eddif!
I visited Yazoo City a lot - and Jackson...

DancesWithGnostics is symbolizing me interacting with Gnostics - if it ever were to happen...
AS Kevin Costner danced with wolves - so maybe I shall dance with Gnostics; I have read a couple of books about Gnosticism by Elaine Pagels - I mainly feel sorry for her - she lost an only child and then her husband in a tragic fall.
But I really don't know all that much about Gnostics
My son - now 28 and a Registered Nurse in ICU in El Paso.. anyway he is Greek Orthodox - my mind just went blank
I have never seen it spelled DancesWithKnostics - but I have seen Dances With No Ticks!
I fear most actual Gnostics might be Hairy Ticks!
If yew don't believe in Jesus but claim that the gnosis is all you need - yew a Hairy Tick!
Oh - now I remember - my son went to college at Univ of Southern Mississippi - was a concert classical guitar player but developed a problem with his thumb from holding guitar so much - he got a Music Degree in Hattiesburg - came to Texas - got a second Bachelor's in Nursing through Texas Tech ( at Austin first - then El Paso) and works at ICU in El Paso now.
I am 68 now and my once steel-trap mind is rusting out

Deu 6:5
And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.

Mat 22:37
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Trichotomous versions of what Mark made Quadrotomous.

Thanks for the welcome, Hawkman!

I read a lot of Hawkman comic books - the best had stories by Gardener Fox and artwork by Murphy Anderson

hi eddif!
I visited Yazoo City a lot - and Jackson...

DancesWithGnostics is symbolizing me interacting with Gnostics - if it ever were to happen...
AS Kevin Costner danced with wolves - so maybe I shall dance with Gnostics; I have read a couple of books about Gnosticism by Elaine Pagels - I mainly feel sorry for her - she lost an only child and then her husband in a tragic fall.
But I really don't know all that much about Gnostics
My son - now 28 and a Registered Nurse in ICU in El Paso.. anyway he is Greek Orthodox - my mind just went blank
I have never seen it spelled DancesWithKnostics - but I have seen Dances With No Ticks!
I fear most actual Gnostics might be Hairy Ticks!
If yew don't believe in Jesus but claim that the gnosis is all you need - yew a Hairy Tick!
Oh - now I remember - my son went to college at Univ of Southern Mississippi - was a concert classical guitar player but developed a problem with his thumb from holding guitar so much - he got a Music Degree in Hattiesburg - came to Texas - got a second Bachelor's in Nursing through Texas Tech ( at Austin first - then El Paso) and works at ICU in El Paso now.
I am 68 now and my once steel-trap mind is rusting out

Worth a read.

Trouble In Paradise

A great movie. I am still in my INTRODUCTION thread. I was born in Waco, Texas, and live here again now. I travelled in the Air Force - saw Korea and Phillipines...

Waco is the Women's College Basketball Center of the world - the Baylor Lady Bears won natl championships in 2005, 2012 and 2018. The Baylor men won it all last year - I think this year's team is ranked #9 in nation and the women are # 6. They are going to Maryland today to face Maryland who is #3 - they are in the first year of a new coach and had only 3 Seniors returning this year.

Baylor football team is good this year also. Whether or not Baylor can go to Big 12 championship game or not is up in the air - as is what Bowl Game they go to.

Back