Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Homemade Coffee Creamer

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Edward

2024 Supporter
Awhile back I thought it would be cool to make my own coffee creamer. I like most of the flavored creamers in the grocery stores. I like the Irish Cream, Pumpkin spice, Hazelnut, and the Almond Joy creamer that apparently isn't available any more. But how card could it be? I havent bought grocery store creamer for several months now. But I did start buying sweetened condensed milk by the case, lol. I've made some real successes in this area so wanted to share a couple.

Here's some very basic, French Vailla, well no, Vanilla. This isn't France. This is Ed Vanilla, lol.

1 can of Sweetened Condensed milk (14 oz)
2 cups of Heavy Cream or Half and Half.
1 to 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. Start with 1 Tsp and adj to your taste, I thought 2 Tsps was too much.

Mix it all together in an empty and washed out store creamer container which was perfect for it and voila, a good basic creamer. Quite yummy.

Next will be my favorite DIY creamer I have yet made. It is...

Pumpkin Spice Creamer

1 (14 oz) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
14 to 16 oz Heavy Cream
1/4 cup Maple Syrup (optional)
3 TBLSP Pumpkin puree
1 TSP Pumpkin spice
1 TSP Vanilla extract

Step 1.
Whisk together in a microwave safe bowl less than half of the heavy cream, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and vanilla extract. Heat in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between intervals, until heated and blended completely. (Usually 1-3 minutes total)

Step 2.
Pour all remaining heavy cream into used creamer container. Add Sweetened Condensed Milk and warm pumpkin mixture to container, cover the container with the lid and close it. Then shake it vigorously until completely mixed.
Tada! DIY Pumpkin Spice Creamer.

I actually did not puree the canned pumpkin I added. It mixed up just fine. I wanted to make some Irish Cream creamer but the recipe called for Whiskey so whatever. I want to perhaps try some Banana creamer. I do have some banana extract, hmmm.

Enjoy.

Awhile back I thought it would be cool to make my own coffee creamer. I like most of the flavored creamers in the grocery stores. I like the Irish Cream, Pumpkin spice, Hazelnut, and the Almond Joy creamer that apparently isn't available any more. But how card could it be? I havent bought grocery store creamer for several months now. But I did start buying sweetened condensed milk by the case, lol. I've made some real successes in this area so wanted to share a couple.

Here's some very basic, French Vailla, well no, Vanilla. This isn't France. This is Ed Vanilla, lol.

1 can of Sweetened Condensed milk (14 oz)
2 cups of Heavy Cream or Half and Half.
1 to 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. Start with 1 Tsp and adj to your taste, I thought 2 Tsps was too much.

Mix it all together in an empty and washed out store creamer container which was perfect for it and voila, a good basic creamer. Quite yummy.

Next will be my favorite DIY creamer I have yet made. It is...

Pumpkin Spice Creamer

1 (14 oz) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
14 to 16 oz Heavy Cream
1/4 cup Maple Syrup (optional)
3 TBLSP Pumpkin puree
1 TSP Pumpkin spice
1 TSP Vanilla extract

Step 1.
Whisk together in a microwave safe bowl less than half of the heavy cream, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and vanilla extract. Heat in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between intervals, until heated and blended completely. (Usually 1-3 minutes total)

Step 2.
Pour all remaining heavy cream into used creamer container. Add Sweetened Condensed Milk and warm pumpkin mixture to container, cover the container with the lid and close it. Then shake it vigorously until completely mixed.
Tada! DIY Pumpkin Spice Creamer.

I actually did not puree the canned pumpkin I added. It mixed up just fine. I wanted to make some Irish Cream creamer but the recipe called for Whiskey so whatever. I want to perhaps try some Banana creamer. I do have some banana extract, hmmm.

Enjoy.
I’m going to have to try this. I usually just use some of the organic milk I give my toddler in my coffee. I don’t care for all the sugar in the store made creamer. I’m going to try the pumpkin one, sounds yummy.

I’m going to have to try this. I usually just use some of the organic milk I give my toddler in my coffee. I don’t care for all the sugar in the store made creamer. I’m going to try the pumpkin one, sounds yummy.

Ah, then be forewarned. Sweetened condensed milk is extremely sweet, so you may want to go easy on that until the taste suits you.

Also I found out that you can use many different milk products in it. I tried Almond milk, heavy cream, half and half, skim milk or even regular milk. Depends on what fat content you want in your creamer.

I think that if you want to not use sweetened condensed milk to sweeten it one could also use Maple syrup or honey.

Edward
Have you tried making the hazel nut one?
Do you think maple syrup would go with it?
I am tempted to try it.

I don't know. It probably would. I did make it and it was good. Here's what I used.

3 cups Almond milk
1 14 oz can Sweetened Cond Milk
1 TBLSP Hazelnut extract

Mix well and you;re done.

I'd venture to guess that Maple Syrup could be substituted for the SCM.

Ah, then be forewarned. Sweetened condensed milk is extremely sweet, so you may want to go easy on that until the taste suits you.

Also I found out that you can use many different milk products in it. I tried Almond milk, heavy cream, half and half, skim milk or even regular milk. Depends on what fat content you want in your creamer.

I think that if you want to not use sweetened condensed milk to sweeten it one could also use Maple syrup or honey.
Do the above replace the condensed milk?
It's not easy to find it here.

Do the above replace the condensed milk?
It's not easy to find it here.

No, they are in addition to the sweetened condensed milk.

I seem to go through a lot of my homemade creamers so I was toying with the idea of making my own SCM. I found out it's easy to make and only has two ingredients. Milk and sugar. All you do is slow cook the milk over medium heat with a cup of sugar added. It drives off the water and reduces it down to SCM.

I haven't tried to make it yet and I'm not positive how much milk, I think two cups? I would have to check to be sure.

No, they are in addition to the sweetened condensed milk.

I seem to go through a lot of my homemade creamers so I was toying with the idea of making my own SCM. I found out it's easy to make and only has two ingredients. Milk and sugar. All you do is slow cook the milk over medium heat with a cup of sugar added. It drives off the water and reduces it down to SCM.

I haven't tried to make it yet and I'm not positive how much milk, I think two cups? I would have to check to be sure.
It seems like other ingredients should be added...maybe vanilla or malt??
I've never tried this so I'm speaking out of my mouth...

Thanks for the reply...will try it.

It seems like other ingredients should be added...maybe vanilla or malt??
I've never tried this so I'm speaking out of my mouth...

Thanks for the reply...will try it.

Yes, that's the thing. You can add a lot of different stuff to it and make what suits you.

Give it a teaspoon of vanilla, and it's french vanilla. 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree (and vanilla, lol) and you got pumpkin spice creamer. One of my favorites.

I've added coconut extract, almond extract and even banana extract. Banana and coffee doesn't sound like it would go together, but I like banana so tried it...I like it.

I haven't tried any Malt, but it sounds good. I've also used a dash of Maple Syrup before too, for an extra zing.

Yes, that's the thing. You can add a lot of different stuff to it and make what suits you.

Give it a teaspoon of vanilla, and it's french vanilla. 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree (and vanilla, lol) and you got pumpkin spice creamer. One of my favorites.

I've added coconut extract, almond extract and even banana extract. Banana and coffee doesn't sound like it would go together, but I like banana so tried it...I like it.

I haven't tried any Malt, but it sounds good. I've also used a dash of Maple Syrup before too, for an extra zing.
It all sound good.
I just try not to use more sugar than I have to.
When making cakes I always half the sugar, and they're just fine.

Back