Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

hope The Lord God hears my plea and saves everyone

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
can you say me it `?
I see you share the desires of our God.
1 Timothy 2:3-4 This is good, and pleases God our Savior,4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

Sadly, there are those who relish in doing evil, and they reject our Lord. To those that choose evil, deny their salvation.

Hi Saintman
God would be so happy if all were saved. God told us that will not happen. I agree with you that is very sad. But many do not love Hin . Some refuse to believe and others will not obey God.

Interesting honesty is classed as being 'mean spirited' .

There is never any point in praying for what God has said won't happen.

Interesting honesty is classed as being 'mean spirited' .

There is never any point in praying for what God has said won't happen.
Do you not know that first and foremost, it is Gods desire that all be saved? Also, God is love. Love always hopes.

God doesn’t send people to hell. They send themselves, and God does not rejoice in the destruction of the wicked.

If somebody actively rejects God, does that justify us condemning them to hell?

Let’s say you have a wayward son, do you stop loving them by giving up on them and stop praying for them?

If you answer yes, then that’s mean spirited.

Do you not know that first and foremost, it is Gods desire that all be saved? Also, God is love. Love always hopes.

God doesn’t send people to hell. They send themselves, and God does not rejoice in the destruction of the wicked.

If somebody actively rejects God, does that justify us condemning them to hell?

Let’s say you have a wayward son, do you stop loving them by giving up on them and stop praying for them?

If you answer yes, then that’s mean spirited.

The post was for the whole world to be saved. That is not going to happen.
How are people saved, mainly through the witnessing of Christians, that God uses. Praying for an unknown group of people to be saved is pointless, as pointless as praying ' God bless the sick and dying ' we are to pray intelligently for our needs and the needs of those we know about.
Unless God puts it on ones heart to pray for an unknown group.

James gives a great example of practical prayer, " if one says to a cold and hungry person, 'Go I wish you warm and well fed' and do nothing, what good is that.
Our prayers should gloryfy God, acknowledge our need of him, express our gratitude and then tell him about what concerns us. Then what are we doing about it?

The post was for the whole world to be saved. That is not going to happen.
How are people saved, mainly through the witnessing of Christians, that God uses. Praying for an unknown group of people to be saved is pointless, as pointless as praying ' God bless the sick and dying ' we are to pray intelligently for our needs and the needs of those we know about.
Unless God puts it on ones heart to pray for an unknown group.

James gives a great example of practical prayer, " if one says to a cold and hungry person, 'Go I wish you warm and well fed' and do nothing, what good is that.
Our prayers should gloryfy God, acknowledge our need of him, express our gratitude and then tell him about what concerns us. Then what are we doing about it?
Why witness if many of them won’t get saved?

Yes, I do.
Personally, I don't think my generation will be the last one, so my prayers include even the folks not yet born.
So you pray generically for all that will be saved, I find that interesting. Tell me, what do you think about those that won’t be saved?

So you pray generically for all that will be saved, I find that interesting. Tell me, what do you think about those that won’t be saved?
I have only pity on them.
My hopes for them may be for naught, but my hopes and prayers are of the best intentions.

I have only pity on them.
My hopes for them may be for naught, but my hopes and prayers are of the best intentions.
Then you are no different than the desire of the OP, which In direct line with Gods desire.

God knows that all won’t be saved, but that doesn’t mean he has no desire for them to be saved.

Then you are no different than the desire of the OP, which In direct line with Gods desire.

God knows that all won’t be saved, but that doesn’t mean he has no desire for them to be saved.
Nothing is cast in stone, for those in the future.
Our prayers may provide just what is necessary for a single man to refrain from some sin, and turn to God.

One it is a command of Jesus.

two, we don't know who will or will not be saved.

God is gracious in that he uses our words, lives etc to challenge non christians and t save them.
Amen, and it is my belief that it starts with the desire that all might be saved. Why? Because if we desire all men be saved, then we don’t loose hope for them, and our patience is engaged, we may even experience long suffering, but no matter, we continue in love toward them. This isn’t always easy, but then Christianity isn’t a weak religion.

Back