Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

HOSTILITY TO SOCIETY.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Anaphora

For the roman empire the right of inflicting capital punishment belonged only to a few high officials, and death was punishment of magicians. Acts 21:37. Roman officials scorned a merely religious charge. Christians were charged with breaking up the peace of family life, raising discontent and disobedience among slaves. True, they were hostile to the Vices of roman society, and denounced it. First Peter 3:15. If ye suffer for righteousness sake happy are ye, and be not afraid of their terror. Popular accusations. Busybody or thieves or evildoers. Christians were regarded with general hatred, and common charges brought against them were, murders, INCENDIARISM, ect. But chief of all they were charged with hatred of the world and hostility to society. John 15:18. If the world hate you, ye know that it hated Me before it hated you. Let's see, Jesus was crucified. Most of the apostles were killed, except few, like John and paul. Christian people knew real persecution during Roman empire. Today its it's in different ways. How deep is the level of hate and persecution in our nation today??

I think 🤔 one sees the government occasionally unleash its vengeance on anti nuclear catholic activists and such, but I honestly truly think persecution is worse in many other nations…

Especially where the government has more leeway to control speech and written communication that will happen. Not only to Christians but definitely to Christians more than other religions.

Maybe it’s about the core values? I love America. I don’t love how the super rich in the USA have used the government to create an ever expanding war machine that benefits few but harms many. So it makes sense that anti war anti nuclear anti capitalist elements of Christianity will have a harder time in the USA….

While the more traditional Christian morality will be met with more covert softer resistance in so called progressive countries.

If you are talking about hate, we overcome evil with good.

Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Romans 12:14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Back