Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I'm not understanding how the trinity can be one God. How can three divine persons with three divine minds and three divine wills be one God? The Bible says that the Messiah must fear God. Jesus demonstrated this when he said the Father is greater than he is. How does that fit in with trinitarian theology? Thank you.

If I decided today to let everyone know that I am God and produced miracles that could be felt, seen, and heard across the world, people would not believe it. They would say that I am crazy and confused. They would say that there must be another explanation. They would consider themselves superior to me and authorities over me even though they cannot explain or reproduce my abilities.

How can you be three persons? You are, you know. If I asked you to show yourself to me, you could show me your mind, or perhaps your soul, or your physical body. Which is the real you? The answer is, they are all you, even though you are an "individual".

If you are so adept at being three-in-one, think how good God is.

I'm not understanding how the trinity can be one God. How can three divine persons with three divine minds and three divine wills be one God? The Bible says that the Messiah must fear God. Jesus demonstrated this when he said the Father is greater than he is. How does that fit in with trinitarian theology? Thank you.
Man is a trinity (1 Thes. 5:23). God is three persons that are in complete harmony and purpose that they are as one.(John 10:29-31). Gen. 1:26 GOD says, Let US make man in OUR image in OUR likeness. In this verse, God is a plural (more than one) Noun....The God of the OT was Christ before His incarnation. (1 Cor. 10:1-5)

How can you be three persons? You are, you know. If I asked you to show yourself to me, you could show me your mind, or perhaps your soul, or your physical body. Which is the real you? The answer is, they are all you, even though you are an "individual".

If you are so adept at being three-in-one, think how good God is.

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ--I Thess.5:23. There you have it, three in one in man, why should it be thought a thing impossible with God???

It explains in scripture how the spiritual realm works to a certain degree. Apparently spirits can merge together to become a bigger more powerful spirit...sorta I think. A legion of spirits was in that one guy, that's a lot!

We just don't know the "physics" (so to speak) of the spiritual (Kingdom) realm because we've never been taught. So it seems foreign and weird to us.

Here's one answer that I fall back on. Because he's....well....God.

I also don't think they each have their own will. Jesus said, "For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me." John 6:38 ESV

The Spirit also does the will of the Father. Jesus also said, "And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever." John 14:16 ESV

Here's one answer that I fall back on. Because he's....well....God.

I also don't think they each have their own will. Jesus said, "For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me." John 6:38 ESV

The Spirit also does the will of the Father. Jesus also said, "And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever." John 14:16 ESV

In Gen.1:1, the very first verse in the very first chapter of the Bible the word "God" is "Elohim" in Hebrew which is PLURAL (please excuse the capitals for emphasis).

TO BE DEEP IN SCRIPTURE IS TO CEASE BEING CATHOLIC, PROTESTANT, JEW AND CALVINIST

Please post the scripture that you are discussing.

Thank you. JLB

1 John 4:8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

1 John 4:16 God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.

John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. (this is a Jesus lay down your life, he died for sinners)

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

1 John 1:5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.

John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

John 3:19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world (Jesus), but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

Matthew 5:14 "You are the light of the world (Holy Spirit filled believers). A city on a hill cannot be hidden."

1 Peter 1:15-16 But just as he who has called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy."

John 14:20-21 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Whoever has my commandments and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

God is LOVE, LIGHT and HOLY.

I feel like I'm a broken record, but in God there is hierarchy. The Father is Almighty, the Son is under the Father and Holy Spirit filled believers are under the Son.

I think in a "trinity view" believers are not part of God?

1. God is Spirit, John 4:24, not flesh bone or blood and in the OT either spoke directly to the prophets or by angels and also various objects like a burning bush or an ass for example. Between the OT and NT God was silent towards Israel as when they returned to Israel from the Babylonian captivity they came back as merchants and not shepards as they were disobedient to God going after other gods, Book of Malachi.

2. Jesus being the very Spirit of God before the foundation of the world as He and the Father are one was prophesied by the Prophets in the OT and spoken of by John the baptist in the NT as John being the forerunner of Christ calling all to repent. As foretold Christ did come as the word of God made flesh (skin, bone, blood) to be that light that shines in darkness. He came as redeemer Savior through Gods grace as Christ is our faith that all can repent of their sins and have eternal life with the Father to all who will believe in Him as Lord and Savior. John 1:1-4; 1 Peter 1:13-21

3. After the sacrifice of Christ God raised Him from the grave and as He had to ascend back up to heaven the promise was that He would never leave us or forsake us as when He ascended He sent down the Holy Spirit (Spirit of God) to indwell all who will believe in Christ and His finished works on the cross. In the OT Gods Spirit fell on them for a time and purpose under heaven. Now we are indwelled with that power and authority through Gods grace that the Holy Spirit now works in us and through us teaching all things God wants us to learn. All three are Spiritual and Spiritual awakings in us to know the will of God and walk in His statures. John 16:7-15

Ephesians 4: 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

1 John 5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. 7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit as all three coequal Gods Spirit.

For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
1 John 5:7

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what they are trained to do, they talk in parables and by the way as great as the Bible is there are redundantcies that aren't usually observed.
Sometimes they are conveniently stepped over.

You don't believe me? Ask "for his glory" she loves parables I think that she is trained in them.

When does the regurgitation stop and our own thinking start?

Let me dumb it down for you...... If what has been taught verbatim is correct then why is the world in the current state.

When does the regurgitation stop and our own thinking start?

Let me dumb it down for you...... If what has been taught verbatim is correct then why is the world in the current state.

Man has a free will to choose to serve and obey Christ Jesus as Lord, in which we either build our lives on a His teachings, or choose to live for ourself to gratify our sensual desires in whatever way we choose.

Choose for yourself, this day, whom you will serve.

Jesus Christ, or Satan.

As for me and my house, we have chosen to serve the Lord.

JLB

When does the regurgitation stop

When you choose to submit yourself to obey the Lord Jesus Christ, and stop mumbling the musings of an unrenewed mind.

17 This I say, therefore, and testify in the Lord, that you should no longer walk as the rest of the Gentiles walk, in the futility of their mind, 18 having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart; 19 who, being past feeling, have given themselves over to lewdness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. 20 But you have not so learned Christ, 21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness. Ephesians 4:17-24

JLB

Back