Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How Can The U.S.A. Reduse Mass Shootings?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Gun control. Human nature being what it is, the last thing we need is ready access to heavy artillery.
Oh that works,seriously .the war on drugs stops dealing and using seriously I can easily go and bit a fully automatic gun without any hassle with the atf.I have been offered.gun control punishes only those that care.muslims,and mad men don't care.Nadal hassan entered as secure military base shot with a fully automatic weapon.no soldier stopped him.it was a female off duty cop who shot him and he still fired again but was able to be stopped and subdued if I remember right.

CE gun control will take guns from those who abide by the law.. Do you really think bad guys, felons, creeps will say "o i cant have a gun it is against the law" do you really?

I know the arguments put forth about our founding fathers about them not being godly at all..
We have gotten away from anything Godly in our society. Coaches get busted for praying with teams..we all have heard/read the stories.
As a nation we kill babies by the thousands per day.. The blood of the innocent ... Yet a small handful of folks decides this word is a hate word and my goodness there must be prosecution
No one is held accountable for their actions ... bad guys blame the cops... students blame the teachers... kids blame the parents.. christianity blames the TV.
We are each accountable for our actions time we acted like it..

Restrictions on gun smithing, manufacturing, and sale, I think would be a step in reducing the threat of gun violence, by reducing the source of guns, regardless if it's legal to carry or not.

That won't stop the dynamic we're in though with mass shootings. We need to have intruder plans like we do for natural disasters. Where we go and what we do in case of a tornado, earthquake, or fire usually have their own plans for businesses and schools. Simular plans and training for an intruder with a weapon hopefully will help too.

That also probably won't stop the dynamic of mass killings, but hopefully will reduce their effect, maybe even get good enough to stop them from being seen as "successful" to other deranged damaged minds. When murder + sucide still sounds like a successful thing to do, then maybe we can rob that success aspect and stop future people from thinking this is a good way to get back at people, or to do whatever they hope to accomplish.

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. When Jesus takes the power our Father gave Him in Mat 28:16, and usurping nations no longer rule, things will change. Does anyone think Jesus is reigning unbridled at this present time while sitting in Father's throne?

Next will come the time when all things under the Father are one and sin will be no more.
Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

1 Cor 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
1 Cor 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
1 Cor 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
1 Cor 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
1 Cor 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Restrictions on gun smithing, manufacturing, and sale, I think would be a step in reducing the threat of gun violence, by reducing the source of guns, regardless if it's legal to carry or not.

That won't stop the dynamic we're in though with mass shootings. We need to have intruder plans like we do for natural disasters. Where we go and what we do in case of a tornado, earthquake, or fire usually have their own plans for businesses and schools. Simular plans and training for an intruder with a weapon hopefully will help too.

That also probably won't stop the dynamic of mass killings, but hopefully will reduce their effect, maybe even get good enough to stop them from being seen as "successful" to other deranged damaged minds. When murder + sucide still sounds like a successful thing to do, then maybe we can rob that success aspect and stop future people from thinking this is a good way to get back at people, or to do whatever they hope to accomplish.
well I see it like this; If there are 20 people in a place and 10 have a concealed weapon on them and three or four terrorist come in the terrorist are going to lose. if one wont stand and fight they do not deserve liberty and freedom.

So banning machinists ,who haven't commited a crime.banning guns didn't work for the soviets nor russia.they have the highest murder rate.remember we react emotionally to thus but not wince with the higher deaths from drunk driving.

Ecc 9
2 All things come alike to all: there is one event to the righteous, and to the wicked; to the good and to the clean, and to the unclean; to him that sacrificeth, and to him that sacrificeth not: as is the good, so is the sinner; and he that sweareth, as he that feareth an oath
God set a plan we must accept it

2Ch_7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

2Ch_7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Exactly.. :)

it is not up to the politicians,, it is not education .... it is us we who call ourselves Christians to first humble ourselves pray and seek Him while turning from our wicked ways
Gen 18:32 And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.

How wicked are we.. are there not 10 righteous ..

Is it possible? Your spiritual biblical views.
Well, this IS a spiritual issue, that is for sure.

While I do agree that we should "fight" it, in some ways, spiritually - we can't win this without fighting back, in a few ways, that are not spiritual but physical.

There was a worldwide outpouring of prayer after the Paris attack. The result was another attack this past week here. Did all the prayers mean that only 14 died as opposed to 120? Maybe. But the fact is, the killing wont' stop as long as radical Islam exists. And it is my observation that radical Islam would SEEM to, possibly, be an "end times" kind of thing. I keep saying it, over and over: "This is going to get really bad and many are going to die." Sounds like an end times prediction, doesn't it? Funny, I do'nt make end times predictions; not intentionally that is.

I know this, you cannot pray this away. You cannot love this away. MANY more will die and many of the dead will be right here in the USA. Almost no one has the stomach or will to really fight this, not yet. But a time is coming (and I think it HAS come to the French), where we will finally face what is happening and start to fight back. Violently.

Pray all you want, but we've been praying for a long time and God allowed this. He is not going to magically stop it just because many of us don't want to fight. We either fight this or die like those in that center in CA the other day.

Personally, I'm armed most of the time, but with a .357, I'm gonna need a lot of help when there are multiple attackers.

I think America has not reached bottom yet. it will happen i believe

Back