Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

"how come you never talk about theology"

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

evenifigoalone

Fare thee well, Felicia
2024 Supporter
So I don't believe I owe anyone an explanation, but I guess I want to attempt one anyways.

It has been said that "all ever talk about" is LGBTQ topics and mental illness. This isn't intentional. But as someone who is the "L" in LGBTQ, and who is mentally ill, issues related to that do affect me. And, well, the reason I even "came out" in the first place was to help educate as well as fight prejudice. So of course these are a topic of interest to me. That said, I actually am inclined to avoid such threads if they already have a lot of dissenting replies, as I really don't want to be subjected to reading that if I don't have to. It's disheartening.

Most often, I only log in for a few seconds, look at topic titles, and leave. If something looks interesting or is related to my interests, I give it a look. This is partly why I disproportionally pay attention to certain topics I guess.

Even back before I was out about all this, when I was under the username questdriven, I rarely posted in overtly theological topics. I most often posted about stuff that was of interest to me: at that time, anime, hard rock/metal, and legalism. Because I had grown up in, and had just came out of, a legalistic home.

I have also shared multiple testimonies over the decade I've been here. Just, not recently, until last night where I shared my teenage testimony from 12 years ago.

Hope that clears up confusion. As for the rest, approve, disapprove, do what you like. I'm not really here to people please. Fellowship, yes, for those that will have me.

Back