Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How do True believers come to Believe ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Sometimes I wonder why my life is so strange, and I've had so many obstacles to overcome and so many tribulations. I then realize that God chose me and He's perfecting me through my trials to perform a task He has set aside for me.

Some believe because they were predestinated to believe.

eph 1:

5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

This predestnation results in our Faith in Christ Gal 3:

26For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Our Faith in Christ Jesus makes manifest us as Children of God, and having been predestinated unto the adoption of Sons openly !

John 1:

12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Acts 13:48 When the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and honored the word of the Lord; and all who were appointed for eternal life believed.

I'll go with the Gospel as the answer to this question. Faith is how you believe.

And what is faith?

11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of
things not seen.

Substance and evidence? In our times this means the Gospels.

I'll go with the Gospel as the answer to this question. Faith is how you believe.

And what is faith?

11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of
things not seen.

Substance and evidence? In our times this means the Gospels.

The question is not what is Faith, but how do True believers come to believe.

They believe by the Power of God, or according to the mighty power that raised up Jesus Christ from the grave.

eph 1:

19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe according to the working of his mighty power,

20Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

The question is not what is Faith, but how do True believers come to believe.

They believe by the Power of God, or according to the mighty power that raised up Jesus Christ from the grave.

eph 1:

19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe according to the working of his mighty power,

20Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

Um...ok.....EVERYTHING happens according to God's mighty power.

But seriously....this is the apologetics forum. Cant you just point them to the Gospels?

Belief comes from faith.

10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Gospels? Yes Please!

strange:

Um...ok.....EVERYTHING happens according to God's mighty power.

In this instance, believing does eph 1:

18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

So....lemme get this straight fella.

You made this thread in the apologetics section in order to focus on the power of God and predestination being the factors that allow people to become believers and when people try to point to and focus on the Gospels as the main tool to allow God's power to work....you reject that??

Is that supposed to help people who are curious about possibly coming to the faith?

So....lemme get this straight fella.

You made this thread in the apologetics section in order to focus on the power of God and predestination being the factors that allow people to become believers and when people try to point to and focus on the Gospels as the main tool to allow God's power to work....you reject that??

Is that supposed to help people who are curious about possibly coming to the faith?

I am stating a theological truth, I cannot make people believe it. The scripture clearly states that we become believers by the power of God.

eph 1:

18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

20Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead,

We become Belivers by God exerting the same power He exerted when He raised up Christ from the dead.

I am stating a theological truth, I cannot make people believe it. The scripture clearly states that we become believers by the power of God.

Doesn't the Gospels represent the power of God?

We become Belivers by God exerting the same power He exerted when He raised up Christ from the dead.

And Christ is the WORD made flesh........?.......?.......?.......?:chin

I am an unbeliever. I come to you and ask you what is the best way to come to believe in Christ. What is your answer?

strangelove:

Doesn't the Gospels represent the power of God?

I am witnessing about eph 1 right now. Do you believe it ?

eph 1:

I come to you and ask you what is the best way to come to believe in Christ. What is your answer?

You must cannot read or comprehend. A person believes by the power of God, I have been stating that forever and a day now !

I am witnessing about eph 1 right now. Do you believe it?

Yes I believe it but I dont understand your interpretation of it relating to the thread. Thats why I'm asking you questions to get you to clarify your position on the topic title. Are you one of these guys who its just impossible to have a conversation with?

You must cannot read or comprehend. A person believes by the power of God, I have been stating that forever and a day now !

Obviously you are one of those guys. I'm out of here.

THE GOSPELS EVERYONE!! THATS HOW YOU COME TO BELIEVE!! :readbible

strangelove:

Yes I believe it

Ok then, whats the problem ? Thats how people become belivers, by the power of God, the same power God used to raise up His son from the dead.

eph 1:

Why did you add to my post ? That will be reported.

Isn't it obvious why I did that?

You quoted a quarter of my statement and therefore completely misrepresented my opinion.

So I added my own words (clearly distinct with blue and in brackets) to your post.

So you can report yourself as well if ya like. You are as guilty as me.

Back