Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How I can live without sin.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It's obvious that JLB and others want to read something into the beginning of 1 John that simply isn't there. As a Christian I would be offended if somebody communicated to me... "What we have seen and heard we announce to you too, so that you may have fellowship with us (and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ)." 1 John 1:3

If somebody wrote that on this forum my response would be: I already know that, since I am a Christian also.
By beginning, you do mean verses 1-5...right?
If so, my response would be the same as your's, but I would wait for the "other shoe" to drop before getting upset.
Much of what is written n the bible could be, or may be meant for the unconnected/unconverted yet.
I know I was reading the bible before I became a Christian.
From 1 John, I learned that I had the choice to either walk in light or in darkness.
Either in God or in sin.
I could not do both.
If some writings cover things I already know, I know they are for someone else...to the praise of God.

Christ and his apostles warned other that false teachers and antichrists would be soon upon them, and John, the last apostles, said they were now entering the congregations! Thus, fulfilling what Daniel had foretold: " Many shall be purified, cleansed, and refined, but the wicked shall continue to act wickedly. None of the wicked shall understand, but those who are wise shall understand!"- Dan 12:10

Christianity was transformed into Churchianity, with the Catholic Church in the foreground!

By beginning, you do mean verses 1-5...right?
If so, my response would be the same as your's, but I would wait for the "other shoe" to drop before getting upset.
Much of what is written n the bible could be, or may be meant for the unconnected/unconverted yet.
I know I was reading the bible before I became a Christian.
From 1 John, I learned that I had the choice to either walk in light or in darkness.
Either in God or in sin.
I could not do both.
If some writings cover things I already know, I know they are for someone else...to the praise of God.

Right.

Christ and his apostles warned other that false teachers and antichrists would be soon upon them, and John, the last apostles, said they were now entering the congregations! Thus, fulfilling what Daniel had foretold: " Many shall be purified, cleansed, and refined, but the wicked shall continue to act wickedly. None of the wicked shall understand, but those who are wise shall understand!"- Dan 12:10

Christianity was transformed into Churchianity, with the Catholic Church in the foreground!
Do you live without sinning?

I confuse the topics which JLB bans me with the ones he lets remain!
No- I sin, unintentionally, at times.
All sin is intentional, or it wasn't fruit of temptation, lust, enticement, or conception. (James 1:14-15)
If you are not tempted to do it, it wasn't a sin.

If you will crucify the "flesh" with the affections and lust, you will be Christ's, (Gal 5:24): and without lusts there can be no sin.

Elaborate, please.

If I try to mislead folks, it is a sin.
Do you feel it is a sin to inform folks that they too can quit committing sin?
Do you teach Jesus one of three "Almighties"?
Do you teach "Hellfire"?
Do you teach the "Immortal Soul"?

If so, you don't know God or Christ at ALL, and you say your without sin -- JUST as Jesus was!

Do you teach Jesus one of three "Almighties"?
Do you teach "Hellfire"?
Do you teach the "Immortal Soul"?

If so, you don't know God or Christ at ALL, and you say your without sin -- JUST as Jesus was!
We can't hold a conversation if we don't answer each other's questions.
How about answering mine from post # 295?
Then I will answer yours

"Do you feel it is a sin to inform folks that they too can quit committing sin?"
No, you do so out of ignorance.

But teaching contrary to Jehovah and Christ, perverting their character would be INDEED!

"Do you feel it is a sin to inform folks that they too can quit committing sin?"
No, you do so out of ignorance.

But teaching contrary to Jehovah and Christ, perverting their character would be INDEED!
Teachings contrary to Jehovah would be a sin.
Is this contrary to Jesus' teachings?..."You will know the truth and it can free you from committing sin"
That was a para-phrase of John 8:32-34.
32 "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin."

Back