Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

How Important is it that You Attend Church?

On a scale of 1 - 10, how important is your weekly attendance?

• Total voters
Christians can and should encourage one another,...

i agree, like this forum we're here to encouarage one another...i have noticed people come and go from here in this site , but as for me i choose to stay here and encourage and fellowship with many believers and people out there.
Finding a church and becoming a member is easy but involving and growing with the church is the challenging part.

i agree, like this forum we're here to encouarage one another...i have noticed people come and go from here in this site , but as for me i choose to stay here and encourage and fellowship with many believers and people out there.
Finding a church and becoming a member is easy but involving and growing with the church is the challenging part.

God's gift:

Yes; there are at least two aspects:

1) Finding a good, Bible based, local church;

2) Staying there.

You know, there is also a third aspect:

3) If I joined the perfect local church, I would spoil it.

I honestly want to miss church every sunday morning when i wake up because i work 6 days a week and sunday is my only rest day , but everytime i am tempted to the Lord will always ask me

" Girl, come to think of it , how much you need the church and how much the church needs you?" And i would say , " Lord, maybe i can survive one day missing the church. I really, really need to sleep. " Then , He would say " But the church needs you"....

Six days a week? You give HIM one day a week!
Sleep? Excuse?
(My friends in the bottling company, engineering department work seven days a week. They keep complaining to me: We suffer alot - no rest. I told them, you just wanna work seven days a week. Sunday work is not by compulsion. Why complaining you work 366 days a year [except the normal one month leave]?)

Back to you, gift, I'm not saying you should skip a day, NO. You can go to church and sleep. My president always told the ushers: why waking them? HE giveth HIS beloveth sleep(he was kidding). Sleep in the church, gift.:lol

have noticed people come and go from here in this site , but as for me i choose to stay here and encourage and fellowship with many believers and people out there.
You sure wanna stay, gift? Good. What if I provoke you?:bigfrown Are you gonna run as far as Gaza? Some will make you laugh:lol and some will make you:crying, and some will give you headache:bigfrown
:lol Kidding

Forum Church is cool, TV church is good, Internet church is interesting - but no church like the one done inside a building - with your fellow brethren.

We need to celebrate holy communion together with other believers. Forum, TV & Internet church cannot accommodate that unless we think sipping wine and eating bread while online constitutes holy communion!

:biglol :pepsi (replace pepsi with wine)

You can go to church and sleep. My president always told the ushers: why waking them? HE giveth HIS beloveth sleep(he was kidding). Sleep in the church, gift.:lol

And God heals pewmonia too ..... :sleep

Going to church... the church that we're referring to is just a building. There's nothing more to the building than walls and seats. We are the church and it is important to fellowship with other believers and learn the word. If you gather with some believers on a Tuesday night and learn the word you are, in essence in 'church'. Fellowshipping (if that's a word) with other believers helps you to spiritually mature, love others, share in Christ's work, and is simply encouraging.

In my opinion, going to church is about as important as opening your skull and removing your brain and letting someone else babysit it for two hours. Its a place where hypocrites can act holy for a while, where preachers can spread false doctrines, and denominations can make lots of money out of parishoners who try to buy their salvation.

Modern Western Church is not an honour, it is not a privelige. its a curse to the christian faith and a blight on the name of Jesus
If that is your experience of church, then you are missing out on something not only fantastic, but also Biblically commanded.

----

I voted 9. I take church attendence very seriously. Not out of obligation, but out of a desire to fellowship with other believers and to study and learn from God's Word together, to sing praise to Him together and to talk to Him through prayer together. What a wonderful privllege.

Even if I've got an assignment due the next day and I still need to do it, I try to go to church (I attend Sunday night). Sometimes it has to be missed though, because of one-off events or sickness etc. Or sometimes that assignment really needs that extra time. But I try to go whenever possible.

We need to celebrate holy communion together with other believers. Forum, TV & Internet church cannot accommodate that unless we think sipping wine and eating bread while online constitutes holy communion!

:biglol :pepsi (replace pepsi with wine)

And God heals pewmonia too ..... :sleep

:lol
Cool and funny

I like the old poem:

'Jesu, where'er Thy people meet,
There they behold the mercy seat,
To them that seek Thee, Thou are found,
And every place is hallowed ground.'

For most of my experience as a Christian, church attendance was a must no matter what. I went to 2 Sunday services, mid week service on Wednesdays, and if my congregation were having a revival/gospel meeting, I was there every night. I'd leave basketball practice on Wednesdays and go to midweek Bible class in a coat and gym shorts in the winter because in my mind, whenever the doors were opened, I felt the faithful should be there. I never even saw an entire Super Bowl until I was closer to 30 than 20 because I always went to evening services no matter what. It was that serious and in my mind it was a matter of putting the kingdom first, therefore it could not be compromised. It didn't matter if I was out of town, on vacation, or involved in an extra-curricular activity, nothing other than possibly spreading the gospel was acceptable as an excuse for missing service because after all, Hebrews 10:25 is thought to say that Christians are not to forsake the assembly. I had it bad peoples, for real.

For most of my experience as a Christian, church attendance was a must no matter what. I went to 2 Sunday services, mid week service on Wednesdays, and if my congregation were having a revival/gospel meeting, I was there every night. I'd leave basketball practice on Wednesdays and go to midweek Bible class in a coat and gym shorts in the winter because in my mind, whenever the doors were opened, I felt the faithful should be there. I never even saw an entire Super Bowl until I was closer to 30 than 20 because I always went to evening services no matter what. It was that serious and in my mind it was a matter of putting the kingdom first, therefore it could not be compromised. It didn't matter if I was out of town, on vacation, or involved in an extra-curricular activity, nothing other than possibly spreading the gospel was acceptable as an excuse for missing service because after all, Hebrews 10:25 is thought to say that Christians are not to forsake the assembly. I had it bad peoples, for real.
What changed?

Back