Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How loving and merciful God is that he loves all people and desires that all repent and come to believe! For God so loved the world....

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It seems to me the thinking that attributes honorable values and choices to God Almighty glorifies Him whereas the public position focusing solely on one's own eternal security is not so honorable. An example, if a son were to give a tribute to his father and spoke only of the presents he got during his lifetime, that is not nearly so honoring of the father as the son who speaks of his father's generosity to all that he knew, not merely what he personally received. If we look at the worship in Heaven described in Revelation, not one of those glorifying God spoke of their own personal salvation but praised him that He has redeemed people from everywhere. Surely it is easy to see that this is more glorifying to him than what we got out of him.

So as we honor Him today gathering together to worship, let us endeavor to think of his generosity to all men, not just to us.

It seems to me the thinking that attributes honorable values and choices to God Almighty glorifies Him whereas the public position focusing solely on one's own eternal security is not so honorable. An example, if a son were to give a tribute to his father and spoke only of the presents he got during his lifetime, that is not nearly so honoring of the father as the son who speaks of his father's generosity to all that he knew, not merely what he personally received. If we look at the worship in Heaven described in Revelation, not one of those glorifying God spoke of their own personal salvation but praised him that He has redeemed people from everywhere. Surely it is easy to see that this is more glorifying to him than what we got out of him.

So as we honor Him today gathering together to worship, let us endeavor to think of his generosity to all men, not just to us.
Very well said.

Blessings.

if a son were to give a tribute to his father and spoke only of the presents he got during his lifetime, that is not nearly so honoring of the father as the son who speaks of his father's generosity to all that he knew, not merely what he personally received.

If we look at the worship in Heaven described in Revelation, not one of those glorifying God spoke of their own personal salvation but praised him that He has redeemed people from everywhere. Surely it is easy to see that this is more glorifying to him than what we got out of him.
What the Son of God received from the Father, was to make the Son's soul and offering for sin, it please the Lord to bruise the Messiah, and satisfied the Father that the Son of God bore the iniquities of many.

That glorified the Father on earth through the Son, as Christ completed the work the Father gave Him. ( He died on the cross and rose again.)

What was given for the Apostles of the Lord, is the same continued gifts, of great things they must suffer for His names sake, for to us it is given, in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on His name, but also to suffer for His sake.

Isaiah 53:10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.
11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Acts 9:16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

Philippians 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Now speaking about the redemption in Revelations. ( the works of Christ suffering for us, the Apostles suffering for the name of Christ, and all who receive from the Father, suffer in the behalf of Christ.)

Christ redeemed us from the curse, being made a curse for us. ( what the Messiah received from the Father was the suffering of His soul being made an offering for sin.)

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Revelation 5 shows the redemption ( and suffering of Christ for us) how the lamb of God was slain for us. ( to open the book of life which was sealed with the curse.)

Revelation 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

The redeemed ( sincere believers in Christ.) sing the new song, ( belief of salvation of Christ. Psalm 118:14. Isaiah 12:2) how Christ was killed, to redeem us to God, His blood for all nations.

Revelation 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

No man can learn the new song before the throne, but the redeemed from the earth. Not defiled with women, virgins, redeemed from among men.

Revelation 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

Revelation 14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

The Apostle Paul showed how we are espoused to one husband, to b presented to Christ as a chaste virgin.

But the Apostle feared of the serpents beguiling in subtilty, to corrupt our minds from the simplicity that is in Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

What the Son of God received from the Father, was to make the Son's soul and offering for sin, it please the Lord to bruise the Messiah, and satisfied the Father that the Son of God bore the iniquities of many.

That glorified the Father on earth through the Son, as Christ completed the work the Father gave Him. ( He died on the cross and rose again.)

What was given for the Apostles of the Lord, is the same continued gifts, of great things they must suffer for His names sake, for to us it is given, in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on His name, but also to suffer for His sake.

Isaiah 53:10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.
11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

Acts 9:16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

Philippians 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Now speaking about the redemption in Revelations. ( the works of Christ suffering for us, the Apostles suffering for the name of Christ, and all who receive from the Father, suffer in the behalf of Christ.)

Christ redeemed us from the curse, being made a curse for us. ( what the Messiah received from the Father was the suffering of His soul being made an offering for sin.)

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Revelation 5 shows the redemption ( and suffering of Christ for us) how the lamb of God was slain for us. ( to open the book of life which was sealed with the curse.)

Revelation 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

The redeemed ( sincere believers in Christ.) sing the new song, ( belief of salvation of Christ. Psalm 118:14. Isaiah 12:2) how Christ was killed, to redeem us to God, His blood for all nations.

Revelation 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

No man can learn the new song before the throne, but the redeemed from the earth. Not defiled with women, virgins, redeemed from among men.

Revelation 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.

Revelation 14:4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

The Apostle Paul showed how we are espoused to one husband, to b presented to Christ as a chaste virgin.

But the Apostle feared of the serpents beguiling in subtilty, to corrupt our minds from the simplicity that is in Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:2 For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
Is this an answer to my post?

Yes I agree as far as it goes. There is more than suffering. There is also walking with God. Micah 6:8

Yes I agree as far as it goes. There is more than suffering. There is also walking with God. Micah 6:8
The suffering ( of death) was walking with God, as Christ humbled Himself to the death of the cross.

Philippians 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Philippians 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Micah 6, must then speak of the humbleness of Christ to believe in, ( humbled Himself to the death of the cross) which is the justice of the Lord ( the just shall walk /live, by this faith of Christ. Romans 1:17.) which is the mercy/kindness of our God appeared, as before that we had nothing and no hope.)

Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Titus 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Reality is, lot of people wont repent, and diligently seek God. Social functions at churches are the norm. Its lip service. I'm not criticizing or judging people. Proverbs 1:22. How long, ye simple ones, will ye love SIMPLICITY? AND scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?. 1:24. Because I have called , ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, no man regarded; 1:25. But ye have set nought all my counsel, and none of my reproof. 1;26. I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear comes. Shepherds are responsible for their flocks. To nourish them and warn people that satan as false messiah is coming near future. The shepherds have failed in their capacity and are negligent. Does anyone actually believe Jesus is happy with the shepherds?. If true man of God or woman, tells the truth. Some people go bananas. He or she exposed my traditions. What do they fear? Some people are banking on rapture theory. They need a security blanket. They lack faith and confidence in God. The calamity coming is satan, 6th trump. Hosea 5:1. Hear, ye this, O priests; and hearken , ye house of Israel; and give ear, o house of the king; for judgement is toward you, because Ye have been snare on Mizpah, and a net spread upon Tabor. This a warning for priests, pastors, evangelists, reverend, those of the clothe and seed planters. Miizpah and tabor means mound, related to idolatrous altar . Its mixing heathen traditions with true worship of God. Today its called traditions of men. Isaiah chapter 2, mixing wine with water. These churches water down God's word. 5:2. And the Revolters are profound to make slaughter, though I have been a REBUKER of then all. Were talking apostates. Who are they??. These apostates once knew the truth and turned their backs on it. You find them in denominations, deacons, pastors, priests, reverend or evangelists, get the picture. Their compromised. Their position, salary and pension is more important than teaching the truth. Your lucky if two verses are taught during a sermon. Or lie about what happened in garden of eden. Or tell the congregation, you don't have to study the bible, just listen to me. 5:4. They will not frame their doings to turn unto their God: for the spirit of whoredoms is in the midst of them, and they have not known the Lord. Lot of folks enjoy social functions at churches, and could care less about learning Gods word. Their minds are depraved. Their infants still sucking on milk bottles, speaking spirtualty. 4:6. They shall go with their flocks and with their herds to seek the Lord; but they shall not find Him, He hath withdrawn Himself from them. Those who don't want to get with the program. That's studying sound doctrine. God will hand them over satan, when he comes 6th trump, as antichrist. Yes, God is patient, and forgiveness for sins by repentance. The time is coming, it's going to be too late !. If they dont repent and get away from misguided preachers, calamity will over take them. The wicked hate the truth and back bite the righteous. Those who worshipped antichrist will have spot in Hell. Those who hate the righteous and God, will have spot in hell. Jesus is coming 7th trump to clean house.

The suffering ( of death) was walking with God, as Christ humbled Himself to the death of the cross.
Not for Peter who suffered on a cross too. John was boiled in oil. All of the disciples were murdered. Paul was beaten several times. So if I compare your position to real life, it fails.
Philippians 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Fellowship of his sufferings requires those who will to SUFFER as he does.
Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
Doesn’t say he suffered so we needn’t suffer at all.
Philippians 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Go and do likewise says the Lord.
Micah 6, must then speak of the humbleness of Christ to believe in, ( humbled Himself to the death of the cross) which is the justice of the Lord ( the just shall walk /live, by this faith of Christ. Romans 1:17.)
What???? It says clearly what God requires of a man and you change it into something that requires nothing whatsoever of you??

Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?
Translation: God requires YOU to have mercy on others but YOU, yourself, do what is just to others AND YOU walk in humility with God.
Titus 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
Wow, I’m only sorry for those who take direct and clear commands of God to us and turn them into stuff Jesus did so they needn’t change anything in their behavior.

Their position, salary and pension is more important than teaching the truth.
A person cant teach the truth without truth being love, that is why we love in deed and in truth.

We are to believe in the truth of Christ, which is His love, laying His life down for us.

Just tell us, how you expect that to be taught by words ?

1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

1 John 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

Not for Peter who suffered on a cross too. John was boiled in oil. All of the disciples were murdered. Paul was beaten several times. So if I compare your position to real life, it fails.
To be saved is not believing that Peter ( or anyone else) rose again, but that Christ rose again.

Doesn’t say he suffered so we needn’t suffer at all.
Tasting death for every man, includes the gall they gave Him for His meat, in His thirst they gave Him vinegar to drink.

The suffering was a broken heart, being full of heaviness, looking for some to take pity, but finding none, not one comforter to be found.

Psalm 69:20 Reproach hath broken my heart; and I am full of heaviness: and I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none.

Psalm 69:21 They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.

Go and do likewise says the Lord.
Actually says the Lord is that God gave Christ the highly exalted name, that every tongue should ( believe in ) confess that Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father, and they should work out their salvation with fear and trembling.

Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

What???? It says clearly what God requires of a man and you change it into something that requires nothing whatsoever of you??
Gordon: "Micah 6, must then speak of the humbleness of Christ to believe in, ( humbled Himself to the death of the cross) which is the justice of the Lord ( the just shall walk /live, by this faith of Christ. Romans 1:17.)"

John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Romans 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Translation: God requires YOU to have mercy on others but YOU, yourself, do what is just to others AND YOU walk in humility with God.

To do justly, is to know ( believe) that the just, walk/shall live by faith. ( what other way do people teach that we can do justly ?)

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

Habakkuk 2:4 Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Galatians 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

Hebrews 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Dorothy Mae, or whoever you are, ( anyone in various names on the forum) I can answer for you any time while I am on this site.

It is getting nowhere ( while I am available to answer) to show how we can do justly, without the faith of Jesus Christ. ( which is what saved us)

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Wow, I’m only sorry for those who take direct and clear commands of God to us and turn them into stuff Jesus did so they needn’t change anything in their behavior.

Or the people for years on the forums with different accounts/names, fill their days, their lives with one aim, to give disputes, because they cant be bothered touching one work with one of their fingers.

But as told in the scripture you attempt( with no effect) to disregard,the kindness of God appeared, as it was not works of righteousness we did, but according to His mercy grace) He saved us.

That also is the washing of regeneration, and the renewing of the Holy Ghost( it reveals to man how to walk humbly with your God, to do justly, believing in the justice of Christ as we have read here, as it sheds the love of God into our hearts.)

Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Or the people for years on the forums with different accounts/names, fill their days, their lives with one aim, to give disputes, because they cant be bothered touching one work with one of their fingers.
I wouldn’t know anyone like this and doubt this describes an actual person. People have to work to be able to eat.
But as told in the scripture you attempt( with no effect) to disregard,the kindness of God appeared, as it was not works of righteousness we did, but according to His mercy grace) He saved us.
If the only thing a man has when he stands before God is that he enjoyed the mercy and kindness of God, it will be a sad meeting.
That also is the washing of regeneration, and the renewing of the Holy Ghost( it reveals to man how to walk humbly with your God, to do justly, believing in the justice of Christ as we have read here, as it sheds the love of God into our hearts.)
Well at least justice is in there although your opening paragraph did not reflect mercy or kindness or walking humbly with God.

Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
At the end of his life, the apostle Paul was deeply satisfied that he had accomplished the works God had set him aside to do. He had finished his course. He did not write about how great it was that he was saved.

I wouldn’t know anyone like this and doubt this describes an actual person. People have to work to be able to eat.
The devil gives wealth to his own ministers.

Luke 4:6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

Back