Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How Many CFnetters Does it Take?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Mike

I ran this thread a few years ago, and it got pretty funny with people adding on to the list of typical members on a discussion board. With a lot of new people, I want to see what we can come up with. :yes

How many CFnet members does it take to screw in a light bulb?

============

One to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

Five to flame the spell checkers.

Three to correct spelling/grammar flames.

Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... Another six to condemn them as wrong.

Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the correct spelling.

Nineteen to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum. Then to complain that no such forum exists here.

Eleven to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this group.

Thirty six to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL.

Three to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

Thirteen to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "I agree"

Five to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

Four to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

Thirteen to say "do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

Eight to say they could care less about light bulbs and ridicule those that do

Three to tell a funny story about their dog and a light bulb.

AND ...

One group lurker to respond to the OP 6 months from now with something unrelated and start the thread all over again.

Two atheists to say they have no reason to believe there is a light bulb.

Five Calvinists to say we don't need to do anything. If the light bulb was created to light, it will light. :lol

LOL

One to say that flipping the light switch is a "work"

Ten to say, "No it's not."

Five say that you turn on/off the light.

One says "No you open/close it" I'm an electrician I should know.

Ten say "You must be a Frog"

One says " I am not a Frenchman!!"

One to post a :topictotopic smiley.

Three to tell the one to mind his own business, and read the thread because the previous 29 posts were on topic.

Five to report those three for flaming.

Two to post out of character and self-righteous appeals to fellowship.

Six to inform those two they are the worst offenders relative to unkind and fellowship-destroying posts.

Four to tell the six they should talk.

One mod to come in and tell everyone to play nice or he/she is going to close the thread.

Nineteen to return to topic as though no one said anything about the tone of the thread.

Five hundred and sixty seven to ignore the thread so that it dies -- again -- until a new member comes along -- again -- and, not understanding the time and date stamps, unfortunately revives the discussion -- again.

None! We don't have need of light bulbs. After all, we CFnetters are guided by The Light, our Lord!

You thread-defeating kill-joy! ;) [MENTION=8274]Nick[/MENTION]

TND, I love the 2 out of character calls for fellowship. :lol

We need 1 more to trail off into an anecdote about an experience he had with a light bulb, and 2 more to follow him down that path.

Is a light bulb (lightbulb) anything like a light globe?:biggrin

Not knowing what people in Thailand call the object we call a light bulb, it's hard to say. However, we normally call the device that screws into the socket and emits the light, a light bulb. A light globe usually fits over the bulb and is used to soften and spread the light so that it's not quite so harsh.

Not knowing what people in Thailand call the object we call a light bulb, it's hard to say. However, we normally call the device that screws into the socket and emits the light, a light bulb. A light globe usually fits over the bulb and is used to soften and spread the light so that it's not quite so harsh.
Uhhmm .. McMurry?

Uh ... I'm kinda wondering ... errrr ... do you get what this section of the forum is about? :toofunny

One liberal must mention the necessity of using green flourescent bulbs and recommend those that are highest rated. He will, of course, supervise the screwing in of the bulb personally while conservationist sympathizers do the actual um, twisting of the bulb. This requires 3 to steady the ladders and 2 to unscrew and remove the globe, one to hold the glòbe, 2 to hand up 3 rplacement bulbs, and one to hold those that had been removed. A total of 9.
Meanwhile a long debate has started about the need for conservation vs the use of buy back programs of utility companies causing electricity prices to rise. Moderaters are having fits kicking people off and deleting off topic posts. Personal attacks are rampent and cautions about brotherly love go unheaded. The subject is blocked

Hi McMurry, in Thailand we call it KomFai it doesn't screw in as we use the bayonet type fittings :biggrin . I'm Aussie by the way hence my sarcastic sense of humor which may have been lost in translation as per Thisnumbers comment.:toofunny But thanks for the explanation anyways.
God Bless

One liberal must mention the necessity of using green flourescent bulbs and recommend those that are highest rated. He will, of course, supervise the screwing in of the bulb personally while conservationist sympathizers do the actual um, twisting of the bulb. This requires 3 to steady the ladders and 2 to unscrew and remove the globe, one to hold the glòbe, 2 to hand up 3 rplacement bulbs, and one to hold those that had been removed. A total of 9.
Meanwhile a long debate has started about the need for conservation vs the use of buy back programs of utility companies causing electricity prices to rise. Moderaters are having fits kicking people off and deleting off topic posts. Personal attacks are rampent and cautions about brotherly love go unheaded. The subject is blocked

And one feminist must point out how people use the male forms of pronouns and other words and thus create an unnecessary gender bias that appears as if "male" was some kind of default.
A debate about gender equality vs god-made differences and gender roles ensues.

Hi McMurry, in Thailand we call it KomFai it doesn't screw in as we use the bayonet type fittings :biggrin . I'm Aussie by the way hence my sarcastic sense of humor which may have been lost in translation as per Thisnumbers comment.:toofunny But thanks for the explanation anyways.
God Bless

Sounds more like a florescent tube instead of an incandescent bulb!

original_postthread_direction_derail_copy1.jpg

The light bulb is not a real subject of discussion. The light bulb is a metaphor. The light bulb is an illustration. It is subject matter for making fun of threads that go wrong. I want to thank mcmurry and Paul1965 for giving us a live demonstration.

:thumbsup

Back