Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How much does your partner influence you?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

humble soul

On Sabbatical from Rome
A lot.
I've started to see the world a lot from her eyes, her view.
I think if I married a different person I might see world differently now.
A pair status is shaped.
" Oh here are Mr and Mrs humble. What do they think?"
On my own I have very little common sense. But my wife always brings commonsense to the table. She is a natural accountant. Money gets saved. Bills get paid. We survive. Mostly thanks to her good business sense. I've learnt a lot from her.
Also clothing. I've improved my taste in clothes. IOtherwise I would look homeless.
Have I influenced her? I think so. But it's mostly the other way around.

That is a beautiful reminder. My husband is peace to my chaos. I tend to worry a lot, and he is just a strong oak. He is laid back and I just love that. I have more peace, because he is my husband.
I'm high anxiety but actually my wife is high anxiety too. The difference is that she uses that anxiety to solve many practical problems. My anxiety can paralyse me though sometimes I can be surprisingly useful as well.

Amos 3:3 NKJV
Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?

Unless the married partners start to see life thru the others' eyes, the marriage will be very difficult or doomed.

Red flag. Is your spouse influence in way that would compromise your values and beliefs??. If your Christian, your first priority is serving Jesus. Family comes second. Your to love God more, and family less. Mark 3:35. For whosoever shall do will of God, the same is My brother, and My sister, and mother. Yes you have responsibility for your family. But make time for God. To study the bible, and follow ephesians chapter 6, teach children God's word. Raise children as Christian.

He supports me in whatever I want to do. I wanted to do a degree and doubted myself but he encouraged me and without his encouragement, I wouldn’t have had the confidence to do it. I’m almost finished now and I’ve done very well, better than I thought I would do. I didn’t have faith in myself but he had faith in me. If I ever have a problem, he tells me “don’t worry, we will sort it” and we do. I tend to worry too much and he’s very good at putting my mind at ease. Likewise, I encourage him and support him in his goals. We’re a team.

I'd say... I influence her more than the other way around, but then I'm the spiritual head in our home, so I think that's the way it should be.

But she makes me a better person because she's generally more considerate of others than I am, including towards my own family. And when it comes to influencing one another to do certain things, that's sort of like a continual game we play. It's a test of wills, and a push/ pull kinda thing where we're joking about it the entire time; a constant teasing.

In the end, it's real hard for either of us to score any points, but it's fun trying just the same.

A lot.
I've started to see the world a lot from her eyes, her view.
I think if I married a different person I might see world differently now.
A pair status is shaped.
" Oh here are Mr and Mrs humble. What do they think?"
On my own I have very little common sense. But my wife always brings commonsense to the table. She is a natural accountant. Money gets saved. Bills get paid. We survive. Mostly thanks to her good business sense. I've learnt a lot from her.
Also clothing. I've improved my taste in clothes. IOtherwise I would look homeless.
Have I influenced her? I think so. But it's mostly the other way around.
Hello

Back