Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How much of the Olivet Discourse and Revelation do partial preterists view as fulfilled?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
But my interpretation is that He doesn't return until the end of the world (the Wheat and the Tares parable) because the 1st and 2nd resurrections happened in heaven.

How can a persons dead physical body take place in heaven when they are buried in the earth?

JLB

Try addressing the points I made that proves there are 3 resurrections.

There are several resurrections. Certainly more than three. The point to remember is that they are all classified as either the first or last (2nd) resurrection.

1. Christ's resurrection

2. The first fruit saints of Christ's resurrection. (Matt. 27:52-53)

3. The resurrection of Israelites. (Dan. 12:1-3)

4. The resurrection of the Church. (1 Thess. 4:13-18)

5. The resurrection of the Tribulation saints. (Rev. 20:4)

6. The resurrection of the wicked dead. (Rev. 20:11-15)

Quantrill

The resurrection of the dead in Christ occurs at His coming which takes place at the end of the age on the last Day.

This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.” John 6:39-40

What last day in heaven did your resurrection take place?

JLB
Like I said before, God speaks in parables.

Mat. 3:1-2 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea, and saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Mat. 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Mar. 1:14-15 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

"At hand" is not 2,000+ years!

How can a persons dead physical body take place in heaven when they are buried in the earth?

JLB
Rev. 6:9-11
And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Written in plain English, they're resurrected in heaven. And you can also read Rev. 7, the entire chapter.

There are several resurrections. Certainly more than three. The point to remember is that they are all classified as either the first or last (2nd) resurrection.

1. Christ's resurrection

Quantrill

Rev. 20:5 - But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mat. 3:1-2 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea, and saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Mat. 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Mar. 1:14-15 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Jesus plainly answered His disciples question showing the signs that were to take place before His coming.

Being able to rightly divide what is direct speech and what is parabolic speech is necessary to understand.

The main thing is the resurrection of the dead in Christ, occurs at His coming.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
1 Thessalonians 4:15-16

“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
Matthew 24:29-31

JLB

Get this point. You're blaspheming by spiritualizing.

Rev. 20:5 - But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

The first resurrection is the dead in Christ, which includes those who were martyred for Christ.

This takes place at His coming.

And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Revelation 20:4-5

The first resurrection is the dead in Christ who lived and reigned with Christ.

This occurs at His coming.

JLB

Jesus plainly answered His disciples question showing the signs that were to take place before His coming.

Being able to rightly divide what is direct speech and what is parabolic speech is necessary to understand.

The main thing is the resurrection of the dead in Christ, occurs at His coming.

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.
1 Thessalonians 4:15-16

“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
Matthew 24:29-31

JLB
"At hand" is not 2,000 yrs and counting, the last of my pearls!

"At hand" is not 2,000 yrs and counting, the last of my pearls!

The Gospel being preached refers to the kingdom of God, which Jesus is representing, is at hand.

That certainly doesn't mean the resurrection is at hand.

JLB

Here are the points your trying to dodge:
(1) Christ is brought before God's throne in heaven in Rev. 5:6.
(2) There was a temple in heaven (Rev. 11:19, 14:17, 15:5, & 16:17).
(3) The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD'S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men (Psa. 11:4 )
(4) There's no throne judgement in the wheat and tares 3rd resurrection/harvest of the earth because we are carried into the new Yahrushalem or into the lake of fire. No books will be opened and the dead judged.
(5) The parable of Lazarus and the rich man proves there are 3 resurrections. The rich man is burning in the lake of fire when he ask God to send back Lazarus to the earth to warn his brethren (Luke 16:22-31).
------------------------------------------------------------------------
God speaks in parables. The earth that we're going to live on is the heavenly earth, where the new heavenly Yahrushalem lies.

Heb. 12:23 - But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

1. Rev 5:6 speaks nothing of Jesus being brought before the throne of God. Why? Because Jesus has always sat at the right hand of God making intercession for us Romans 8:34.

2. There is no temple in heaven for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb being Jesus are the temple of it, Acts 7:48-51; 17:22-25; Rev 21:22, 23.

3. The Lord is in His holy temple as we are the Spiritual temple that connects us to God within the Spiritual realm of His throne, 1 Corinthians 3:16, 17.

4. There is only one resurrection, but to separate judgments as all will stand before the Lord, John 5:27-29; 2 Corinthians 5:10; Rev 20:11.

5. These parables of Jesus began in Luke 10:25 when a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? From that point moving forward Jesus gave 15 parables, meaning illustrations, beginning in Luke chapter 10-16 that all pertain to what we are to do in order to receive eternal life.

Abraham's bosom just refers to a place of comfort where the righteous dead wait in their grave until judgement day when at that time they will spend eternal life with the Father, John 5:28, 29. Jesus was raised from the dead, but still many were not persuaded to accept Him as Lord and Savior as they refused the teachings of the Apostles, even today unto the end of days.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Have a good day, friend. It's obvious you're running from the truth and can't address my points.

Sir, you are the one running away from truth as you do not believe the scriptures we have been giving you that contradict everything you are trying to teach. Every point you have made in this forum comes against those scriptures you give as, if I am not wrong, you do not seem to have any Spiritual understanding as you see through a carnal mind of man teaching you. The third Heaven is a Spiritual realm not of flesh and blood or literal temples or buildings. When Christ returns there will be only one resurrect of the dead, but two different judgments in the Great White Throne judgments when the books are opened.

You state you are a Christian, but not everyone who calls themselves a Christian are a true child of God as many religions call themselves Christian, but are of their father the devil. It is only those through the Spiritual rebirth, John 3:5-7, being renewed by the Holy Spirit that have died to self and have been risen with Christ and seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God that are His own, Colossians 3:1-4; Matthew 7:21, 23; 2 Corinthians 11:13-15; 2 Timothy 3:5; 2 Peter 2:1; Rev 22:18, 19.

You have two choices, either keep believing what man is teaching you, or believe that which is already written for what you ignore. One brings eternal life and the other damnation. You can only make that choice and I will continue to pray for your soul while you are still alive for after you die judgment is made.

precepts

Concerning the resurrections, there are several. But all resurrections are located in the 1st and 2nd resurrections.

Consider that the terms 1st and 2nd or last resurrection, are ordinal numbers. Not cardinal numbers.

All resurrections leading to eternal life are the 1st resurrection. All resurrections leading to death, are the 2nd or last resurrection.

Quantrill

John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Where do you see several resurrections in what Jesus has already said?

Try addressing the points I made that proves there are 3 resurrections.

Try refuting the scriptures we have already given you that state only one resurrection of the dead, meaning all who have died as they are still in their graves, just like all who will die before Christ returns.

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
John 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Full Preterism as defined by Christianity is a heresy. It's the same kind of heresy as the heresy you pointed out earlier. Both claim Christ returned to earth in the past. But my interpretation is that He doesn't return until the end of the world (the Wheat and the Tares parable) because the 1st and 2nd resurrections happened in heaven. Most of the events in the book of Revelation happened in heaven and not on this earth. That is everybody else's misinterpretation.

There lays the problem. It's all your own opinion/interpretation. There is nowhere in the Bible that supports that of what you believe. We are not trying to judge you, but trying to help you to see the errors you cling onto. I have no clue who is teaching you these things, but the truth comes from what Jesus has already taught all of us if we would just read what is already written.

1. Christ's resurrection

Quantrill

1. Of course Jesus resurrection was the first, but the only one in that He ascended up to heaven. No one after Him ever was resurrected and taken up to heaven, John 3:13.

2. What you are speaking about that happened over 2000 years ago was that many, not all, were raised from the grave when the earth quaked and Jesus yielded up the Ghost. They were brought back to life and entered into the city, not heaven, so others would know Jesus as in "I am Lord" as only Jesus has power to raise anyone from the dead. This is what caused the centurion and many that were with him to believe this was the Son of God that hung on the cross, Matthew 27:50-54.

3. The Israelite's that have already dies still await in their graves. What Daniel spoke of in Daniel 12:1-3 is the time of the end when Christ returns after the war in heaven between Michael and Satan as at that time Satan has no more access to heaven, Rev Chapter 12-19; Matthew 24:29-31.

4. 5. 6. all happen when Christ returns at the ending of the seventh trumpet on the last day, John 5:28, 29.

Where in those scriptures say at hand means at that very moment? Is at hand means to be prepared right now in this very moment since the time of John the baptist saying repent, prepare your way of the Lord. We have been waiting for that day for over 2000 years as we have to be prepared for the return of Christ for no ones knows the day or the hour.

Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Rev. 6:9-11
And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Written in plain English, they're resurrected in heaven. And you can also read Rev. 7, the entire chapter.

Um, please read that verse again as it says "souls" meaning our very breath that returns back to God who gave it that made us a living soul,Genesis 2:7; 3:19; Ecc 12:7. These are not literal white robes, but clothed in the righteousness of God until the day of redemption.

The fifth seal John is given another vision of all those who have already been slain for the word of God that are asleep in the grave waiting for God to avenge them as their spirits have returned back to God who preserves their spirit until the day of redemption when Jesus returns, Ecclesiastics 12:7; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18. They are told to rest a little while until their fellow servants that will be killed needs to be fulfilled. These servants are those who have the witness and testimony of Jesus that will be preaching salvation throughout the world during the time of great tribulation until the great and terrible day of the Lords return, Joel 2:31; Matthew 24:29-31.

Back