Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How much of the Olivet Discourse and Revelation do partial preterists view as fulfilled?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
What you are posting is unrealistic as nothing you have said lines up with the scriptures, even the ones you post as you only give your opinions and interpretations. There is no private interpretation of scripture, 2 Peter 1:20.

Not sure what you mean by the parable of the 2nd coming. Are you talking about the parable of the fig tree?
Please! 2,000 yrs is not "at hand," which is more unrealistic than the events in the book of Revelation happening in heaven.

Please do not take offence as we are only trying to get you to literally read what is already written instead of reading according to others opinions and interpretations as even I was caught up into that when I had very little knowledge.

At hand means to be readily accessible as in being prepared ahead of time for that which will present itself in time just as John the baptist preached in the wilderness. Prepare you the way of the Lord making yourself ready to be caught up to Him when He returns again.

Matthew 3:1 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,
Matthew 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Matthew 3:3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
Give me a break.

Mat. 23:13 - But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Here we go again. This is not our first rodeo where someone has said the Bible has been tampered with. Catholics have always thought this to be true as their faith and doctrines are found in the teachings of the Catechism of their church.
I don't understand what you're saying. But please don't be saying that everything it the scriptures is true, because it shows your lack of knowledge of the scriptures.

If you believe the resurrection of the saints has already happened in heaven then why are you still here. That would also make what is written in 1 Corinthians 15:51-58 and 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 a lie. I guess Jesus lied too when he said in John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
Give me a break. Heaven is heaven and earth is earth. Christ has been reigning in heaven since 98 ad when the 1st resurrection occurred in heaven. It has nothing to do with us.

And the verses you're quoting confirms dying in the flesh is sleep. The spirit that goes back to God who gave it is the breath/oxygen, not the soul/being.

Stop showing yourself.

Rev 20:4-6 The rest of the dead are those of the other part of the resurrection that have been raised to damnation whose names are not found written in the Lamb’s book of life. The second death are those who rejected Christ and had no faith in God being Spiritually dead that are raised from their graves, Ephesians 2:1-10. Scripture never teaches two resurrections, but only one resurrection, John 5:28, 29; 6:40, and a second death being that of Spiritual death and hell being the grave are cast into the lake of fire, Rev 20:14, 15 as they had no Spiritual power over death. There are two separate judgments, but only one resurrection as everything from Rev 19-21 happens on the last day here on this present earth. Those who are priest of God and will reign with Him are those of the Spiritual rebirth and indwelled with the Holy Spirit that are Christ own.

A 1000 years in Rev 20 is not literal years, but only symbolic of a certain period of time as nowhere else in scripture does it mention a literal 1000 year reign of Christ here on earth, but symbolic as in Deuteronomy 7:9; 1 Chronicles 16:15; Psalms 50:10; 90:4; 105:8 Ecc 6:6; 7:28; Daniel 5:1; 2 Peter 3:8.

What many do not seem to realize is when Christ returns on the last day is that everything will have now been fulfilled in the prophecies by the second coming of Christ and there are no more literal numbering of days. The last of something means the end of the former as there is no more. From the time of Christ return in Rev 19:11, up to Rev 21 where the New Heaven and New Jerusalem being ushered down from heaven will be like the twinkling of an eye as all things will come quickly. We can't see the last day events as looking at literal timing as it is Spiritual timing no man can fathom.

If there were only 'one' resurrection, there is no need to label one the 'first' resurrection.

Why is the 1000 years reign of Christ 'symbolic'?

Quantrill

I don't understand what you're saying. But please don't be saying that everything it the scriptures is true, because it shows your lack of knowledge of the scriptures.

Everything in scripture is true.

You're showing your ignorance. I know the contradictions and obviously you don't. Blind faith doesn't cut it.

Apparent contradictions doesn't mean the Bible is not true. It just means you have no answer for them at present. Actually faith does cut it.

Quantrill

Why? Jesus was offering the Kingdom. He was the King. The Kingdom was at hand. What is the problem?

Quantrill
"At hand" is not 2,000 yrs and counting, especially since Israel was formed in the 2,648th year of creation and existed for 1,260 yrs until the abomination of desolation, done by the Greeks in the middle of the week of the confirmation of God's covenant with Israel. That is Daniel's prophecy.

Apparent contradictions doesn't mean the Bible is not true. It just means you have no answer for them at present. Actually faith does cut it.

Quantrill
Blind faith doesn't cut it. And I never said the contradictions in the scriptures made the book or the message void.

Why? Jesus was offering the Kingdom. He was the King. The Kingdom was at hand. What is the problem?

Quantrill

Exactly. The Gospel was being presented.

Turn to Him, or perish.

JLB

"At hand" is not 2,000 yrs and counting, especially since Israel was formed in the 2,648th year of creation and existed for 1,260 yrs until the abomination of desolation, done by the Greeks in the middle of the week of the confirmation of God's covenant with Israel. That is Daniel's prophecy.

At hand means now.

When the King of the kingdom of God is at hand, It means He is here.

Nothing whatsoever to do with the resurrection

JLB

'At hand' means the Kingdom was at hand when Jesus offered it. Again, what is the problem?

Quantrill

Blind faith doesn't cut it. And I never said the contradictions in the scriptures made the book or the message void.

I don't know what you consider 'blind faith'. But faith does cut it. And, yes you did say the contradictions in the Bible make it, the Bible, not true. See post #(91).

So, just what are your saying now?

Quantrill

Back