Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Bethel

-

Reader,

For you to go to Heaven, you have to become as Righteous as God. As it only the righteous who exist there and who are allowed to stay there once they arrive.
And the problem is, you have no way to become righteous. You have already sinned, so, that's it.
So, you now have this to resolve, and you can't resolve it, because you can't take care of your own sin.
You can't get it off of you. You can't stop God's judgement against SIN.
So, you are in a mess, and you can't solve it of yourself, and if its not solved you are going to die and go to hell.
There is Good news..... God has a Solution. God has a eternal resolution for you that is a "Gift".
Its This...
Here is your Salvation....
God took responsibility for your sin, so that you could be given His very RIGHTEOUSNESS.
2nd Corinthians 5:21...""God made Jesus who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."""
See that?
And once you have it, once you are born again and not just water baptized, then you have it, and that is why God can accept you and brings you into His family,, for eternity.

How does God provide this for you?
He came here as Jesus and lived a sinless life, and kept the law and commandments... He fulfilled the law, by keeping it, because you didnt and can't.
Then, He went to the Cross and took the judgement do the world for all SIN upon Himself, and this resolved it and forgave all sin.

2nd Corinthians 5:19 : """"God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them."""

This is God as Christ on the Cross, dying for all your sin.
When this was completed, this death of God's body, and shedding of God's blood on the Cross for the sin of the world... this SALVATION....Jesus then said..>"IT is Finished".. The IT, is what God had accomplished that IS your Salvation.
This Salvation, that God Himself earned, is offered as "The GIFT of Salvation".
Every person who will come to Jesus, and believe, is given this GIFT.
This GIFT, is eternal, as this is GOD's Blood that is shed, not just man's.

This GIFT, is preached, as "the preaching of the Cross", and this message is the message of reconciliation.
2 Corinthians 5:19. It is what Paul defines as : "my Gospel".
It is God offering what He did on the Cross to anyone will be "call on the name of Jesus, believing,"... or "as many as BELIEVE in Jesus.... He gives to you Eternal Life".
--------------------------------------------------

So, its by faith that you believe this GOSPEL, and its "faith comes by hearing" is how the Holy Spirit opens your inner understanding to know this Truth, and receive it.
The very second you do, 2 eternal things happen to you.

1.) God applies His shed blood to you, and that resolves all your sin, forever. "being NOW made FREE from sin"... Romans 6.

2.) Once the blood of God has taken care of your sin, then God's Holy Spirit gives you a New Birth of your Spirit and you are born again by the Spirit of God into God's Holy Spirit.
You become "ONE with God, IN Christ". A "Son of God". "Redeemed". "blood bought", "forgiven", "made righteous".

Notice who is on the Cross.
This is Jesus. And the best way to understand all of this, is to just recognize one thing.... reader.
Jesus Himself IS Salvation.
So, if you have Him in you, "Christ in you the hope of Glory", then you are born again and you have Eternal Life and "you shall never perish"... John 10:28

Last edited:
-

Reader,

For you to go to Heaven, you have to become as Righteous as God. As it only the righteous who exist there and who are allowed to stay there once they arrive.
And the problem is, you have no way to become righteous. You have already sinned, so, that's it.
So, you now have this to resolve, and you can't resolve it, because you can't take care of your own sin.
So, you are in a mess, and you can't solve it of yourself, and if its not solved you are going to die and go to hell.
There is Good news..... God has a Solution. God has a eternal resolution for you that is a "Gift".
Its This...
God took responsibility for your sin, so that you could be given His very RIGHTEOUSNESS.
2nd Corinthians 5:21...""God made Jesus who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God."""
See that?
And once you have it, once you are born again and not just water baptized, then you have it, and that is why God can accept you and brings you into His family,, for eternity.

He came here as Jesus and lived a sinless life, and kept the law and commandments... He fulfilled the law, by keeping it, because you didnt and can't.
Then, He went to the Cross and took the judgement do the world for all SIN upon Himself, and this resolved it and forgave all sin.

2nd Corinthians 5:19 : """"God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them."""

When this was completed, this death of God's body, and shedding of God's blood on the Cross for the sin of the world... this SALVATION....Jesus then said..>"IT is Finished".. The IT, is what God had accomplished that IS your Salvation.

This GIFT, is preached, as "the preaching of the Cross", and this message is the message of reconciliation.
It is God offering what He did on the Cross to anyone will be "call on the name of Jesus, believing,"... or "as many as BELIEVE in Jesus.... He gives to you Eternal Life".

So, its by faith that you believe this GOSPEL, and its "faith comes by hearing" is how the Holy Spirit opens your inner understanding to know this Truth, and receive it.

1.) God applies His shed blood to you, and that resolves all your sin, forever. "being NOW made FREE from sin"... Romans 6.

2.) Once the blood of God has taken care of your sin, then God's Holy Spirit gives you a New Birth of your Spirit and you are born again by the Spirit of God into God's Holy Spirit.
You become "ONE with God, IN Christ". A "Son of God". "Redeemed". "blood bought", "forgiven", "made righteous".

This is Jesus. And the best way to understand all of this, is to just recognize one thing.... reader.
So, if you have Him in you, "Christ in you the hope of Glory", then you are born again and you have Eternal Life and "you shall never perish"... John 10:28

Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 1 John 3:7

The Lord who dwells within us, empowers us to practice righteousness, just as He is righteous.

This is how we are to become the righteousness of God in Christ.

For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. 2 Corinthians 5:21

• that we might become the righteousness of God in Him

This is called being led by the Spirit. The Spirit leads to is to practice righteousness and love.

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.
Galatians 5:6 NIV

• The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

JLB

Amen.

Jesus is our Salvation.

Jesus is our righteousness.

Those who are in Christ, are those who are saved; have eternal life

JLB

Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 1 John 3:7

JLB

Try "practicing righteousness", that a buddhist does, or a islamic muslim does, or a fake christian does, and then die not born again and see what happens then.

No God is not Jesus, God the Father is separate from God the Son and God the Spirit, yet these three are also One.
Jesus is not dying on the cross. He died, was buried and has risen from the dead.

-

Reader,

Its This...
See that?

Hi Bethel,

There's nothing in Scripture that says people go to Heaven when they die. Also, what you've stated about God and Jesus is Modalism. If God came to earth as Jesus, who raised Jesus from the dead?

Hi Bethel,

There's nothing in Scripture that says people go to Heaven when they die. Also, what you've stated about God and Jesus is Modalism. If God came to earth as Jesus, who raised Jesus from the dead?
Hebrews 9:24-25 For Christ did not enter a manmade sanctuary that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God's presence. Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own.

Colossians 3:1-2 Since then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your hearts on things above, not on earthly things.

Those who are in Christ will be in heaven as he is in heaven currently.

Hebrews 9:24-25 For Christ did not enter a manmade sanctuary that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God's presence. Nor did he enter heaven to offer himself again and again, the way the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood that is not his own.

Colossians 3:1-2 Since then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your hearts on things above, not on earthly things.

Those who are in Christ will be in heaven as he is in heaven currently.
Sorry, there's nothing in Scripture that says anything like that

There's not a single passage of Scripture that says people go to heaven when they die. If that was man's ultimate destiny surely we'd find at least one passage that stated such. We don't. A look at the Scriptures shows that man's destiny is resurrection here on this earth.

John 14:3-4 "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going."

John 14:3-4 "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going."
That translation is wrong.

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. (Jn. 14:1-3 KJV)

He has to come back here so they can be with Him. Just prior to this He told them they couldn't go where He was going.

33 Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you.
34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one. (Jn. 13:33-34 KJV)

Surely He didn't tell them they couldn't go where He was going and then tell them He'd take them there. I don't know what translation you're reading but I'd get one that was an accurate translation of the Greek text.

KJV John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

NAS John 14:3 "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

NKJ John 14:3 "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

YLT John 14:3 and if I go on and prepare for you a place, again do I come, and will receive you unto myself, that where I am ye also may be;

he only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.
Right.

Matthew 22:37 Jesus said to him: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with thy whole mind. [38] This is the greatest and the first commandment. [39] And the second is like to this: Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. [40] On these two commandments dependeth the whole law and the prophets.

-

Reader,

Its This...
See that?

Such a long and convoluted explanation. If someone has to know all that before becoming a christian heaven help us.

From what I read of your dissertation, it is all up to us. There seems to be a lot of striving to obtain perfection.

For me I just go by what the scripture says. No one is righteous. We stand before God because of the righteousness of Jesus. That is God's standard which we will never attain to so I go with the flow and stand before God in the righteousness of Jesus and know that I am accepted warts and all.

Back