Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Husbands Are Not To Worship Their Wives.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Jacob62

A part of the nonsense in Christian culture today is the notion that Men need to have a wife to improve and complete each of their lives. This idea is somehow drawn from Eve being given to Adam so that he would not live alone. However, the elephant in the room Christians miss is that Eve, even within her sinlessness and supposed perfection before the fall, was so nonfunctional she still decided to sin.

So, today there are people like James Dobson telling us women should be revered and cherished just because they are sensitive, intuitive, hypervigilant women. And, "God gave us Women as a gift." Sheer nonsense.

Why is the entire length of Scripture patriarchal, where women are classed as property? Why did Jesus not speak against Mosaic Law which never treated women as equal to men? Because Mosaic Law established the Principle of Patriarchal Authority and Rule. God's Law is perfect, and does not change. It does not just reflect how things are at the time of history. Jesus never stated "In Me Is No Male or Female." Rather, at every instance where He interacted with women, He put them in their place, including His own mother.

A part of the nonsense in Christian culture today is the notion that Men need to have a wife to improve and complete each of their lives. This idea is somehow drawn from Eve being given to Adam so that he would not live alone. However, the elephant in the room Christians miss is that Eve, even within her sinlessness and supposed perfection before the fall, was so nonfunctional she still decided to sin.

So, today there are people like James Dobson telling us women should be revered and cherished just because they are sensitive, intuitive, hypervigilant women. And, "God gave us Women as a gift." Sheer nonsense.

Why is the entire length of Scripture patriarchal, where women are classed as property? Why did Jesus not speak against Mosaic Law which never treated women as equal to men? Because Mosaic Law established the Principle of Patriarchal Authority and Rule. God's Law is perfect, and does not change. It does not just reflect how things are at the time of history. Jesus never stated "In Me Is No Male or Female." Rather, at every instance where He interacted with women, He put them in their place, including His own mother.

Galatians 3:28, "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female—for all of you are one in Christ Jesus.

So much for an incorrect, chauvinist interpretation of Scripture.

Galatians 3:28, "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female—for all of you are one in Christ Jesus.

So much for an incorrect, chauvinist interpretation of Scripture.
Did women in Scripture ever have "equal rights" with Men? Yes? No? Answer with truth apart from feelings. Lol.

Regards.

Did women in Scripture ever have "equal rights" with Men? Yes? No? Answer with truth apart from feelings. Lol.

Regards.

As I wrote earlier, Galatians 3:28, "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female—for all of you are one in Christ Jesus.

There are no feelings involved, just what the Bible says about men and women who are in Christ Jesus. Men and women have different roles, but there is no difference in their rights in the Body of Christ.

I do agree that the Bible is patriarchal. I wish it wasn’t. As a woman and a mother of two daughters I could never condone being treated as less than a man or being put in my “place.” I am equal to males and I wouldn’t want my daughters to feel less than because they are female. I would never be submissive to a man...and that is why I fail at Christianity.

As I wrote earlier, Galatians 3:28, "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female—for all of you are one in Christ Jesus.

There are no feelings involved, just what the Bible says about men and women who are in Christ Jesus. Men and women have different roles, but there is no difference in their rights in the Body of Christ.
Yes, it nowadays is quite apparent there difficulties making gender distinctions, just as there is difficulty reading what Scripture says. Try to remember Gal. ch. 3 is talking about faith as a sole basis for righteousness before God, rather than some idea of females being "equal to" men.

Unless you actually want men and women to be the same. Lol. Some guys actually like knowing that sort of thing. In fact, I guarantee that no person can accurately state one physical, mental, or functional parameter where women equal men.

Regards.
I do agree that the Bible is patriarchal. I wish it wasn’t. As a woman and a mother of two daughters I could never condone being treated as less than a man or being put in my “place.” I am equal to males and I wouldn’t want my daughters to feel less than because they are female. I would never be submissive to a man...and that is why I fail at Christianity.
Is the Bible in error to say what it does about wives submitting to husbands? From where does the authority of women come who would control others with their emotions?

Does a woman have a right to pastor a church if she "feels called by God?"

Yes, it nowadays is quite apparent there difficulties making gender distinctions, just as there is difficulty reading what Scripture says. Try to remember Gal. ch. 3 is talking about faith as a sole basis for righteousness before God, rather than some idea of females being "equal to" men.

Unless you actually want men and women to be the same. Lol. Some guys actually like knowing that sort of thing. In fact, I guarantee that no person can accurately state one physical, mental, or functional parameter where women equal men.

Regards.

Is the Bible in error to say what it does about wives submitting to husbands? From where does the authority of women come who would control others with their emotions?
The Bible says what it says, I just don’t agree with it. Im not really sure where women controlling others with emotions comes into play with this?

Is the Bible in error to say what it does about wives submitting to husbands
Yes. Because some husbands don't earn or deserve respect. No parent automatically deserves respect. They have to show to each other and their kids that they are good role models.

In fact, I guarantee that no person can accurately state one physical, mental, or functional parameter where women equal men.

I can think of a few. There will be women in hell beside men. Women's commission is the same as men's, go into all the world and speak the gospel, heal the sick raise the dead be ye holy even as I am holy. Because of these thigs it's pretty plain to see that women and men are equal before God.

I can think of a few. There will be women in hell beside men. Women's commission is the same as men's, go into all the world and speak the gospel, heal the sick raise the dead be ye holy even as I am holy. Because of these thigs it's pretty plain to see that wommen are equal before God.
I see you answered a question I did not ask. Both genders receiving the same commission from Jesus does not make them equal in their abilities, nature, or commission. The text of Mark 16:14-18 was spoken by Jesus only to the eleven male Apostles. Read God's Word for yourself.

Being equal in Hell does not prove equality before Hell. Those you mentioned were only two of what you confidently said were a "few." Talk some more.

regards.

Back