Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I am new but old... LOL

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Adoration

Hello to everyone...
I have to say that I am VERY impressed that people within this forum actually COMMUNICATE with respect. I did not think it was possible to find such a place... and I read the notice regarding the new vision for the forums... OH my goodness... that really spoke to my heart.. because during these STRANGE times.... we should be uplifting each other... encouraging each other rather than slamming each other for how we voted or choosing or denying a vaccine.

I am a GRACE gal... It's all about what JESUS did... not what I could possibly do to add to His Perfect Sacrifice. My devotion... loyalty and obedience to Christ is based on my LOVING RELATIONSHIP with Him.

Anyways... I will keep this introduction short and sweet... If these forums are really looking to support.. encourage and uplift one another... count me IN!!!!!

Hello to everyone...
I have to say that I am VERY impressed that people within this forum actually COMMUNICATE with respect. I did not think it was possible to find such a place... and I read the notice regarding the new vision for the forums... OH my goodness... that really spoke to my heart.. because during these STRANGE times.... we should be uplifting each other... encouraging each other rather than slamming each other for how we voted or choosing or denying a vaccine.

I am a GRACE gal... It's all about what JESUS did... not what I could possibly do to add to His Perfect Sacrifice. My devotion... loyalty and obedience to Christ is based on my LOVING RELATIONSHIP with Him.

Anyways... I will keep this introduction short and sweet... If these forums are really looking to support.. encourage and uplift one another... count me IN!!!!!

Well I think I have you figured out girly. I am glad you decided to come take a peek. This really is a wonderful forum. :) Though I guess I am giving myself away a little bit too. Lol...

Mayflower

hi and welcome to cfnet. I agree with you...this place is different from just about any other internet forum and (sadly...) wildly different (in good ways) from the vast majority of Christian forums I've run across.

I hope you enjoy your time here. :)

I don't quite know where to put this comment... so I decided to use my welcome thread...

I have to say... that I am so deeply touched and impressed with how this site is run and operated.
Things get dealt with quickly... and efficiently... and OH what a breath of fresh air that is. I honestly
never thought I would be able to find such a place... a place that I can rest my heart.

I am rather on the quiet side at this time.... but I will be more of a contributor in the autumn and winter
months....

Since our Canadian seasons are so short .... Summer seems to be the time for OUTDOORS as
much as possible.

Thank you to the staff who I have witnessed working very hard for the greater good of this community.

Tenderly.... Addy

I don't quite know where to put this comment... so I decided to use my welcome thread...

I have to say... that I am so deeply touched and impressed with how this site is run and operated.
Things get dealt with quickly... and efficiently... and OH what a breath of fresh air that is. I honestly
never thought I would be able to find such a place... a place that I can rest my heart.

I am rather on the quiet side at this time.... but I will be more of a contributor in the autumn and winter
months....

Since our Canadian seasons are so short .... Summer seems to be the time for OUTDOORS as
much as possible.

Thank you to the staff who I have witnessed working very hard for the greater good of this community.

Tenderly.... Addy
Addy, enjoy your summer. I like being outdoors too.

Addy, enjoy your summer. I like being outdoors too.
I am so blessed... I live in a converted garage... ( a very small little bachelor suite ) on the lake... It is a miracle that I got this place... It is where God has done a great healing within me... I am sooooooo grateful... to overflowing... and it seems to grow on a daily basis these last months... I am filled with such PEACE.... I am a testimony that God exchanges our mourning for JOY... Can't even begin to express my gratitude to FATHER.

Hello to everyone...

Addy :)

I am so blessed... I live in a converted garage... ( a very small little bachelor suite ) on the lake... It is a miracle that I got this place... It is where God has done a great healing within me... I am sooooooo grateful... to overflowing... and it seems to grow on a daily basis these last months... I am filled with such PEACE.... I am a testimony that God exchanges our mourning for JOY... Can't even begin to express my gratitude to FATHER.
I praise God for putting that joy in your heart, you are well blessed Addy.

I praise God for putting that joy in your heart, you are well blessed Addy.
This joy comes from decades of suffering with Severe Chronic Depression.... Joy was something that I could not understand... I yearned for it... begged God for it... prayed for it... and I could never seem to climb out of my pit of despair... After 40+ years of constant torment... I got used to it...

A year ago... I began to wake up... It was when covid first became a thing... I started to see the suffering of others... but I also began to see how I have lived myself... within my means... no debt to anyone... I had a humble roof over my head... and I lived on a lake... The gratitude began to overflow.... so much so that I would get giddy like a little kid who just saw something magical... This summer... I have experienced JOY like I have never thought possible... It is the most beautiful EXPERIENCE I have EVER had in my existence.... I am at PEACE... and filled with Thanksgiving... Gratitude and GREAT JOY....

I believe that this JOY comes from suffering... It is the by-product of suffering... and I fail to find the words to explain it properly... When I thought my life was meaningless... and without HOPE.... God saw fit to do a deep healing within me... He also chose to reveal Himself to me at a time such as this.... and suddenly.... ALL the scriptures of ALL HIS PROMISES seem to be washing over me at the same time.

I do not remember ONE ounce of suffering... I understand that this is a season.... everything plays out in seasons... I am quite aware that I will someday meet sorrow and suffering again... but OH MY GOODNESS.... it has been an honour to spend some time with JOY.

This joy comes from decades of suffering with Severe Chronic Depression.... Joy was something that I could not understand... I yearned for it... begged God for it... prayed for it... and I could never seem to climb out of my pit of despair... After 40+ years of constant torment... I got used to it...

A year ago... I began to wake up... It was when covid first became a thing... I started to see the suffering of others... but I also began to see how I have lived myself... within my means... no debt to anyone... I had a humble roof over my head... and I lived on a lake... The gratitude began to overflow.... so much so that I would get giddy like a little kid who just saw something magical... This summer... I have experienced JOY like I have never thought possible... It is the most beautiful EXPERIENCE I have EVER had in my existence.... I am at PEACE... and filled with Thanksgiving... Gratitude and GREAT JOY....

I believe that this JOY comes from suffering... It is the by-product of suffering... and I fail to find the words to explain it properly... When I thought my life was meaningless... and without HOPE.... God saw fit to do a deep healing within me... He also chose to reveal Himself to me at a time such as this.... and suddenly.... ALL the scriptures of ALL HIS PROMISES seem to be washing over me at the same time.

I do not remember ONE ounce of suffering... I understand that this is a season.... everything plays out in seasons... I am quite aware that I will someday meet sorrow and suffering again... but OH MY GOODNESS.... it has been an honour to spend some time with JOY.
Addy that is a wonderful testimony and you explain it well. I believe it will help many people. You are in a beautiful place. Thank you for sharing.

I’ve been away for a bit, but I am very happy with staff and it’s a pleasure to meet you!
Thank you for making this site a better place!

Hello to everyone...

I recognize your avatar. Are/were you on Worthy Christian forums? I was on there as furrychristian.

Well... I figured I would give my original introduction a face lift as I have been more absent than present.

Thanks to the consideration of one person... I have decided to give this one last try... as in all honesty... so
much of my frustration and bad attitude is coming from another forum I just left after a year and a half.

I honestly... truthfully am not able to handle rudeness or arrogance... I just can't do it. The forums are supposed
to be a fair and open space for all people to share their beliefs and thoughts. RESPECT and consideration is
of upmost importance in my opinion.

I absolutely acknowledge that I am very sensitive... and perhaps even offend easily.... but then again... this always seems to boil down to ATTITUDE and how people present their words to each other.

These last two years... between the US election and covid have been trying on EVERYONE. I understand the need
for thoughtful and honest communication... but I have found that so many discussions tend to go along the lines of ONE side is RIGHT and the other side is WRONG.

Anyways... this was more of an update/lament/observation rather than a rant or complaint.

It could just be me who is unable to handle certain types of attitudes... and I am ok with not being here if that need be.
I have two chips left... I'm throwing both of them in... LOL.

It really would be lovely to find a safe place... a comfortable place to be a part of.

Back