Christian Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Christian Forum aspires to be an online community where Christians can come together in fellowship with the purpose to encourage, inspire and build up our faith in Christ Jesus. John 13:34-35
  • Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses

I believe the phrase 'Child of Hell' is literal. What say you?

Yokefellow

From
USA
Christian
Yes
Jesus said, and I quote...

Matthew 23:15
"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves."

I believe that Jesus was being literal and that these people originally came from Hell and were incarnated into our world.

Consequently..

Since we all come from Adam and Eve, that would mean we *all* came from Hell.

What say you?

Yokefellow

From
USA
Christian
Yes
Note that the Proselyte will be made 'twofold' the Child of Hell.

In other words, he wasn't born of Hell once, he is born of Hell twice!

There seems to be some sort of 're-purposing' going on here.

content.gif

Yokefellow

From
USA
Christian
Yes
You believe Adam and Eve came from hell?
That is what Genesis teaches, so yes.

At first I did not believe it because I was always 'told' otherwise.

God corrected me.

Yokefellow

From
USA
Christian
Yes
How about a Second Witness?

Psalms 139:15
"My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth."

Everyone knows that the 'Lowest parts of the Earth' is Hell, yet that's where babies come from.

How did they get there to begin with? Sounds like the Church is hiding something.

:nono

Yokefellow

From
USA
Christian
Yes
Since God took the time to teach us that the Lowest Parts of the Earth (i.e. Hell) is where babies come from, we should take the time to appreciate the meaning of this verse...

Ephesians 4:9
"Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?"

Obviously, Jesus descended first into Mary's womb (Hell) to be conceived and birthed into this world.

I'm sure your Pastors teach this all the time right? I mean... why wouldn't they? An agenda perhaps?

:yes

Yokefellow

From
USA
Christian
Yes
What about 'The Pit'?

Word has it that The Beast will come from there one day...

Revelation 11:7
"And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them."

What a scary and evil sounding place. What ever could that be? A place of infinite torments or something? People burning forever?

Let us turn to the Word of God for the answer...

Isaiah 51:1
"Hearken to me, ye that follow after righteousness, ye that seek the LORD: look unto the rock whence ye are hewn, and to the hole of the pit whence ye are digged."

Oh I see. The 'Pit' is a place where Children are born from. Even Righteous people are born out of the Pit.

Which particular Pit did these folks incarnate from?

Isaiah 51:2
"Look unto Abraham your father, and unto Sarah that bare you: for I called him alone, and blessed him, and increased him."

Well what do you know?

Hell and the Pit are simply metaphors for the Womb.

In this case, Sarah's Womb. The 'Rock' is Abraham's Seed.

Is it safe to assume that all Churches teach the simple Truth that Hell is a parable for the Womb? We are reading from the same Bible aren't we?

Something tells me the answer is NO.

:rolleyes

Yokefellow

From
USA
Christian
Yes
What about the phrase 'Heart of the Earth? That is definitely Hell right?

Matthew 12:40
"For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."

Wow. I guess Jesus was "burning and suffering in terrible Torments". Or perhaps Jesus was "setting prisoners free" from that evil Jailkeeper who was "keeping everyone captive" in his Bosom. What was his name? Abraham?

Or maybe 'Belly of the Whale' is referring to a Womb and/or Tabernacle. Now we are getting somewhere. 😉

And maybe, just maybe, the phrase 'Heart of the Earth' is simply another name for the Most Holy Place in which Jesus went to sprinkle the Blood...

Hebrews 9:12
"Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us."

The more you know...

"According to Rabbi Eliezer, the fish that swallowed Jonah was created in the primordial era and the inside of its mouth was like a synagogue; the fish's eyes were like windows and a pearl inside its mouth provided further illumination."

So the Whale was like a Tabernacle eh? Like the Temple Body is a Tabernacle? Pearly Gates?

Are you Illuminated yet?

Yokefellow

From
USA
Christian
Yes
What about the Lake of Fire? Is it really a place of infinite torments or annihilation?

Not according to the Word of God.

The Lake of Fire is simply a Portal. It is merely another stage in the journey that the Unsaved must go through to get to the 'other side'.

In other news, the phrase 'ye are of your Father' is also literal...

horror dark GIF

theMadJW

From
Seattle, WA

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves."

I believe that Jesus was being literal and that these people originally came from Hell and were incarnated into our world.

Consequently..

What say you?

Well, in view of most translations bending scripture to support Church Dogma ("hell" in place of "Gehenna"), I view as ignorant.

Yokefellow

From
USA
Christian
Yes
Well, in view of most translations bending scripture to support Church Dogma ("hell" in place of "Gehenna"), I view as ignorant.
Hi theMadJW. Thank you for visiting and posting.

You have brought up an important point. The original word is Gehenna...

Strong's 1067: Geenna

Usage: Gehenna, and originally the name of a valley or cavity near Jerusalem, a place underneath the earth, a place of punishment for evil.

That word is where the concept of the Lake of Fire comes from. Thus, in order to understand the Lake of Fire, we must understand Gehenna, or the Valley of the Son of Hinnom.

Time and time again, God teaches us that the Fire is something that One is passed through...

Leviticus 18:21
"And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD."

Here is an interesting verse...

2 Kings 23:10
"And he defiled Topheth, which is in the valley of the children of Hinnom, that no man might make his son or his daughter to pass through the fire to Molech."

Tophet is another word for the Lake of Fire. It means Hearth.

Again, the 'Fire' in the Lake of Fire is something that One passes through. They do not 'burn forever', neither are they 'annihilated'.

So where do they go? They go to a being called Molech. Who is Molech? Let us turn to the Word of God for answers...

Acts 7:43
"Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the star of your god Remphan, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon."

The above verse references Moloch as a Tabernacle that the Israelites carried. Where did they carry said Moloch?

Here...

Acts 7:40
"Saying unto Aaron, Make us gods to go before us: for as for this Moses, which brought us out of the land of Egypt, we wot not what is become of him."

Moloch was a God made by Aaron when Moses was on the Mount. What was said God?

Acts 7:41
"And they made a calf in those days, and offered sacrifice unto the idol, and rejoiced in the works of their own hands."

Moloch was the Golden Calf!

Long story short, the Golden Calf was Hathor...

mhp-0551.jpg

Hathor's image was that of the Uterus. She is the 'Earth Mother' Goddess. Her name literally means Womb of Horus.

Thus, those thrown into the Lake of Fire go to Moloch, who is the Golden Calf, who is the Earth Mother.

Tophet is another name for the Mother Earth Goddess. Again, Tophet is the Hearth. More specifically, Tophet is the Goddess Hestia. Note that Hades is her brother.

Since Hades is in the Bible, why not his sister Hestia?

Her Roman equivalent is Vesta...

mhp-0847.png

In other words, another name for the Lake of Fire is Vesta. What does Vesta look like?

"The myths depicting Vesta and her priestesses were few, and were limited to tales of miraculous impregnation by a phallus appearing in the flames of the hearth—the manifestation of the goddess."

Thus...

The Lake of Fire is a picture of the Moment of Conception!!!

THAT is where the Unsaved go. To the 'Lowest Parts of the Earth' where they are 'curiously wrought'.

Literally a 'Child of Hell'.

Yokefellow

From
USA
Christian
Yes
How about another verse that we are not allowed to take literally, lest we discover the TRUTH...

Ephesians 2:1
"And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;"

Ah yes. There's that forbidden word again...

"Dead"

How dare we believe the Word of God!

No. According to the Church, we must add unto the Word to make it say what THEY want it to say...

"And you hath he quickened, who were
[SPIRITUALLY] dead in trespasses and sins"

There. Now the 'pre-approved' false interpretation can be parsed out to the ignorant masses.

I for One will NEVER add unto or take away from the Word of God. Therefore...

DEAD = DEAD

Not 'Spiritually Dead' (whatever that means), but completely and totally dead. That is what the verse is saying. We were dead in 'times past'...

Ephesians 2:2
"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience"

Oh look. Children of Disobedience. Children of Gehenna. There it is again.

Don't believe it? You folks better wise up...

1 Corinthians 15:36
"Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die"

The word 'quickened' means something that was brought back to life from being PHYSICALLY DEAD, not 'Spiritually Dead'.

The Church needs to quit lying to everyone. Time is running out.

Again...

1 Peter 3:18
"For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:"

Quickened is done to flesh that is DEAD.

Now, read it again with fresh Eyes...

"And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins"

Where were you dead?

Psalms 71:20
"Thou, which hast shewed me great and sore troubles, shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the
depths of the earth."

DERP!

You were dead in the Depths of the Earth *LITERALLY* and made alive again and brought out...

Psalms 139:15
"My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth."

Lol... and yet *I* am the 'bad guy' for showing you folks the literal interpretation of the Bible.

SMH.

brightfame52

From
Atlanta

Consequently..

What say you?
I believe the child of hell isnt from hell but is destined for hell no matter what. They are the vessels of wrath God made to be by Him fitted for destruction Rom 9:22

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

The word destruction here apōleia means:
  1. destroying, utter destruction
    1. of vessels
  2. a perishing, ruin, destruction
    1. of money
    2. the destruction which consists of eternal misery in hell

Matt 10:28
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Those out of Adam are out of dust, some however were made for hell, some for Glory !

theMadJW

From
Seattle, WA
I KNEW it!
There some Truth lovers here!
We have to remember that sheol, hell, and hades all had LITERAL meanings, as well as the religious definition!

for_his_glory

Light in darkness
Staff member
Administrator
From
South Carolina
Christian
Yes
Yokefellow who is teaching you these things? I hate to say this, but you, or rather possibly those who are teaching you are trying to make the scriptures fit their own understandings/philosophy as what you present in these forums is not found in the doctrines of Christ.

We have always been taught hell is a place where non-believers in God go to for eternity, but according to scripture this is not what hell is. Hell is described as the world of the dead, a place where the departed go that have died as being lowered in a grave/pit. There they are kept until the return of Christ to either stand in Gods Great White Throne judgment for those who are not found written in the Lambs Book of Life, Rev 20:11-15, or those who have died in Christ that will stand in his judgment to give an account for the things done here on earth, 2 Corinthians 5:10.

Hell is not the lake of fire as God gives us a description of the lake of fire as in fire and brimstone which can be used literal as in Sodom and Gomorrah burned to ashes and as a metaphor for torment, suffering, punishment or as Matthew 8:12 describes it as outer darkness. The New Testament description is a bottomless pit (abyss) (Revelation 20:3), a lake (Revelation 20:14), darkness (Matthew 25:30), death (Revelation 2:11), destruction (2 Thessalonians 1:9), everlasting torment (Revelation 20:10), a place of wailing and gnashing of teeth (Matthew 25:30), and a place of gradated punishment (Matthew 11:20-24; Luke 12:47-48; Revelation 20:12-13), everlasting fire Matthew 25:41, everlasting punishment, Matthew 25:46, lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Strong's Exhaustive Concordance: Hell

Hebrew # 7585 Sheol, Hades, or the world of the dead, grave, hell, pit

Greek # 86 place of departed souls, grave, hell

Greek # 1067 Gehenna, the Valley of the sons of Hinnom South of Jerusalem, figuratively and literal of place of punishment.

Greek # 5020. Tartaroo tar-tar-o'-o from Tartaros (the deepest abyss of Hades); to incarcerate in eternal torment:--cast down to hell.​

Hades is the English of the Greek word ᾅδης, just as Gehenna is the English for the Greek word γέεννα and Tartaros is the English word for the Greek word ταρταρόω

The English word hell, back in 1611, meant about the same as Hades, that being covered or unseen as in grave/pit. We do not see those in the grave as they are unseen to the eye as they are covered with dirt, or some placed in a tomb. The word hell is derived from the Saxon helan, to cover, and signifying merely the covered, or invisible place. The habitation of those who have gone from the visible terrestrial region to the world of spirits.

Jude 1:7 clearly states an example of eternal fire. This is the same Greek word that is used for everlasting fire and everlasting punishment as used in Matthew 18:8 and Matthew 25:41,46 (Notice: The place, as no real name is given, where the unsaved go is everlasting punishment, and not everlasting punishing. The punishment is eternal in its results, not in its duration. Unquenchable fire is a fire that cannot be quenched or put out until everything in its path is burned up.

Luminous_Rose

CF Ambassador
From
USA
To say Adam and Eve as well as the entire human population originated from hell is twisted...blasphemous.

God created Adam and he said this was, "Good." and made woman as a helper and said this was, "Very good." Why would a creation that was "good/very good" originate from Hell when no good can be found within Hell? God explained he made Adam from dust and Eve from the rib of Adam. That's what it is - there was no journey from Styx, there was no hotel stay in Hades. He didn't pull them from the void or any other thing like that. It is clear in Genesis the origins of Adam and Eve. It's clear we are descendants of Adam and Eve, whom did not come from Hell.

Also, if God is 100% good, and he makes us in His image - how can any part of that intention to create us be evil? It never was. God created us to share His creation with us. None of this was ill intentioned. None of this was from Hell.

I think it may clear up some of this confusion to also look into the Hebrew, Greek, Chaldean, etc. you can't just pick a verse here and there, ignore surrounding context of the passage, and make it suit your needs.

The fact you used a tarot card gif is a bit worrisome, too.