Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I don't understand my relationship with Jesus/God/me ????

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Hello All,

I'm sure that I am asking basic questions, but i really have never understood them though or understood alot of me in all of this....

- Why in church do we sing to Jesus abut then pray to God? We sing about how Jesus "makes the darkness tremble", etc......Then at the end of service we pray to God and say in Jesus name ....Amen...I understand we pray through Jesus to God but I don't understand the singing to Jesus then praying to God? Shouldn't we sing to God and thanking him for sending Jesus but not sing to Jesus....?

- There is a lot of writing, books, sermons, etc... on how to "walk with Jesus" or "live like Jesus" but shouldn't I be walking with God? I know Jesus gives me access to God and I know Jesus is the best/only example to follow, but what does it mean to "walk with or be like Jesus". Does it mean follow the law of Moses, does it mean think like him, does it mean to serve...HOW do i know if i am walking with Jesus or just by myself and missing the whole thing?

- Am I supposed to ask Jesus for help or God? You see and hear people " Oh My God" when they are in trouble.

- If I hear a voice or something push me a direct (not that i ever had, or if i did i didnt know it) is it Jesus or God or both?

- Im very confused on it all ... and I want the gift of belief but to be honest i dont if i have it yet.....or ever will.. My mind has too many questions...I want this beautiful walk with Jesus and God that I hear about so much, I want to live a full life and meet God. Im just so confused.

Thanks in advance for any help !!!!!

BTW if you answer me back I will probably follow up with another question, LOL....

I suggest you pray, Lord I believe, help my unbelief. Faith is not a gift He gives to passive lucky ones. Jesus said to seek and keep seeking and you will find. So if you’re waiting for a gift go believe, you’ll wait forever. It isn’t a gift.

Second, we believe God is in three persons or representatives. You can pray to any of them, they’re not in competition. Don’t get hung up on that.

How do you know you’re walking with him? Do you feel conviction of the sin (wrong) you do? That’s a good sign. Repent each time and this aid your progress.

Hi serpent1234 and welcome to CF :wave2

Jesus is our mediator before the Father who sits at His right hand. We follow Jesus as he is our teacher, Savior and the one who gave His life so we can have new life and eternal life with Him. Father, Son and Holy Spirit all make up God's Spirit as all work in unison with each other. I wouldn't worry about trying to understand the Trinity for now as it can be complexed with those who have very little understanding.

We pray to Jesus as He sends our petitions before God as I said He is our mediator before Him. Psalms 150 talks about praising the Lord and we do this in adoration to Him for the things He has done for us. God created us, Jesus gave His life for us and the Holy Spirit was sent down to indwell us as this Spirit comforts and teaches us the word of God. If you first read the book of John this explains who Jesus is and why we need to have a personal relationship with Him. Then go read the book of Acts as this will help teach you about the Holy Spirit.

When we pray we are praying to God, when we sing praises we are praising God as the God head is made of of God, His Son Christ Jesus and His Holy Spirit. Just keep seeking understanding and asking questions for that is how we begin to learn.

BTW, serpent 1234 is an interesting user name. May I ask why you chose that?

The difference between Jesus and the devil - - The devil wanted to be equal or greater than the Father

Jesus does the will of the Father
Jesus submits to the Father
Jesus guides us in true holiness

The devil does his own thing
The devil has fake holiness
The devil doesn't really submit to anyone

I go through Jesus because he has true submission to the will of God. Even unto the death he had (crucifixion)

So I pray how Jesus told us to pray
Matthew 6:9-13

Hello All,

I'm sure that I am asking basic questions, but i really have never understood them though or understood alot of me in all of this....

- Why in church do we sing to Jesus abut then pray to God? We sing about how Jesus "makes the darkness tremble", etc......Then at the end of service we pray to God and say in Jesus name ....Amen...I understand we pray through Jesus to God but I don't understand the singing to Jesus then praying to God? Shouldn't we sing to God and thanking him for sending Jesus but not sing to Jesus....?

- There is a lot of writing, books, sermons, etc... on how to "walk with Jesus" or "live like Jesus" but shouldn't I be walking with God? I know Jesus gives me access to God and I know Jesus is the best/only example to follow, but what does it mean to "walk with or be like Jesus". Does it mean follow the law of Moses, does it mean think like him, does it mean to serve...HOW do i know if i am walking with Jesus or just by myself and missing the whole thing?

- Am I supposed to ask Jesus for help or God? You see and hear people " Oh My God" when they are in trouble.

- If I hear a voice or something push me a direct (not that i ever had, or if i did i didnt know it) is it Jesus or God or both?

- Im very confused on it all ... and I want the gift of belief but to be honest i dont if i have it yet.....or ever will.. My mind has too many questions...I want this beautiful walk with Jesus and God that I hear about so much, I want to live a full life and meet God. Im just so confused.

Thanks in advance for any help !!!!!

BTW if you answer me back I will probably follow up with another question, LOL....
Hi, good questions that many of us have had and still have. If I may...let me present the good news to you.

The Kingdom of God has been made available to anyone who Trust that Jesus is the son of God.

So while you read your Bible concerning....Jesus asked God to reveal Jesus to you.

So if you believe who Jesus is choose to follow Him.

Jesus has teachings about turning the other cheek, going the extra mile, etc
Basically in whatever you do, do it with your whole heart onto God. Walk in what is right. Renew wrong thoughts with the right thoughts. Cast out any vain imaginations that set themselves against you knowing and having a life with God.

The Kingdom if you look it up is not eating nor drinking but peace and Joy in the Holy Ghost.

The Key to saying in the name of Jesus...Is you are invoking the kingdom.

As like one who says hail Ceaser...etc

Jesus was given all Authority...if you choose to follow Him as your Lord then you come under is rule...

So you are in a sense living in two realms at one time......For God's Kingdom is wherever is effectual Will is done...

So that is why we pray His will be done on earth as it is in heaven...

Jesus comes as God and Man....to bridge Man to God...He dies in the Flesh for Penalty of man's Sin who are flesh, but because He is God...death could not Hold Life..so He arose from the dead with all power...so that we by living by His Spirit(life) might have access to the presence Of the Father..

So this isn't about you trying to keep the Law by your natural abilities (the flesh) rather it's through Christ's resurrected life(Spirit) that we obey..that will change our hearts as we learn to do His will and not our own through obedience to the Faith that our deed will align with.

Another word's as you are obedient to the Spirit your heart is being transformed.
So as your heart is being made good then what you do on the outside will express itself in good deeds.

God want's us to be a light to others
But we must be willing to surrender our will to God....As you do this come back and share...

The 3 members of the Trinity are in unison and complete each other. Jesus proclaims the Father, as His son. To know the Son we know the Father according to the book of John. The Holy Spirit verifies Jesus as The Son. The Father sends His Spirit with Jesus upon believers.

Back