Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I S R A E L . . .

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Sorry I cannot fix the above post. It repeats itself and some words seem stuck to others. But the context is what matters. What is your take on the event?

The regathering of Israel and Judah is still future

"Thus says The Lord God: Behold, I am about to take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel associated with him; and I will join with it the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, that they may be one in my hand. When the sticks on which you write are in your hand before their eyes, then say to them, Thus says The Lord God: Behold, I will take the people of Israel from the nations among which they have gone, and will gather them from all sides, and bring them to their own land; and I will make them one nation in the land, upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king over them all; and they shall be no longer two nations, and no longer divided into two kingdoms. They shall not defile themselves any more with their idols and their detestable things, or with any of their transgressions; but I will save them from all the backslidings in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God." (Ezekiel 37:19-23 RSV)

Future!!!!!

I would say current & ongoing because this is fulfilled through Christ(my servant David).

24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them (Ezekiel 37:24)

Then comes the land promise which is neat.

25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

Which to me shows the land promise is fulfilled after the resurrection because is says "And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant" which means both houses Judah & Israel.

Then it says "wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they" past tense "dwelt", then present tense "dwell", then a reconfirming declaration "even they" showing the resurrected living as well.

Next is 26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

Which we all know the everlasting covenant that reunites both houses is the New Covenant"

Hebrews 8:8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Jeremiah 31:31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

So Ezekiel says more about the land promise in verse 27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Which see else where in Revelations 21: 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Showing the restoration of the two houses Judah & Israel is by the New Covenant through Christ, is current & ongoing from the time since Christ walked Judea.
It also shows the land promise is still future in the new heavens & the new earth, the same promise for all who believe.

[MENTION=11841]jasoncran[/MENTION] , Sometimes I feel like Alice in Wonderland (no smart remarks for the gallery please), God sure makes studying fun. Today I got off on a rabbit trail, following the name of an author on another board about his book, which lead to a Baptist site with an article about Johnathan Cahn who wrote, The Harbinger.
A critic of Cahn had posted a youtube video of Cahn using the Zohar (Kabblah) as a "hostile witness" for the two comings of the Messiah Jesus, in the Bible. Cahn, was explaining how in Zohar they teach two Messiahs would come, one from David and the other would be Joseph. Well, that was just too strange. On that board where I started there was another poster in an eschatology thread teaching this same thing and other strange teachings. Everybody was asking where he was getting these things from, and asking if he was a Christian.

Then this is really what I wanted to share. I watched another video of Cahn, using the Talmud as a "hostile witness" for the Bible and Messiah. In the short video he only mentioned two things.
The rabbis say in the Talmud that strange things happened in the temple before it was destroyed in 70AD. There were seven lights in the temple. One lamp, the west one, was kept burning by the fire from the burnt offerings altar. They would light the other lamps from that one.
That lamp went out and they couldn't relight it. They said that that had happened about 40 yrs. before the temple was destroyed.
Then there was the two lot stones. On Yon Kipper, they would draw a stone with the right hand and then the left. One stone was mark for the sacrifice goat and the other for the scapegoat. If the sacrifice stone came up in the right hand they considered that to be a good sign from God for the atonement of the people. It started happening that year after year, the scapegoat stone would come up in the right hand. This start happening about 40 yrs before the temple was destroyed.
I remember that Josephus mentioned some things happening in the temple.
There is a CD or DVD of the full teaching from the Talmud that tells about other things.
Makes me wonder, how many Jews read what has been written??

Yep,,, there is also a deal where a red thread would turn white to signal that the yearly animal blood sacrifice was accepted as atonement for Israel's sin. But from about 40 yrs before the temple was destroyed the thread would never change color.

Re: The destruction of Jerusalem...

Does anyone know what the Passover was all about-?

Probably the destruction of Jerusalem in AD70... that's basically what all end time events are about... right ?

There are some interesting parallels which can be drawn between the Passover and destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD. For example Jerusalem is likened to Egypt (also Babylon and Sodom) in Revelation. Why? Because by 70AD Jerusalem resembled those other cultures in the patterns that led to their judgement and downfall.

Re: The destruction of Jerusalem...

Does anyone know what the Passover was all about-?

Probably the destruction of Jerusalem in AD70... that's basically what all end time events are about... right ?

There are some interesting parallels which can be drawn between the Passover and destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD. For example Jerusalem is likened to Egypt (also Babylon and Sodom) in Revelation. Why? Because by 70AD Jerusalem resembled those other cultures in the patterns that led to their judgement and downfall.

AMEN Sin ! Now we're getting to the really good stuff here !

Preach it !

[MENTION=93058]Deborah13[/MENTION]. I have heard some of that but not as much as you have posted. did you hear of the priest who had bad breath and killed a widow? what about the 3 and the 7? they rabbis see ad 70 as a judgement for failure to follow the torah and don't make the connection.

@Deborah13 . I have heard some of that but not as much as you have posted. did you hear of the priest who had bad breath and killed a widow? what about the 3 and the 7? they rabbis see ad 70 as a judgement for failure to follow the torah and don't make the connection.

There is talk here about Israel of the past and Israel of the present so I need to bring to two together for all to see. This is what they do TODAY in "Israel"

But first let me put this in context. God said the following:

(2 Chr 7:19 KJV) But if ye turnaway, and forsake my statutes and my commandments, which I have setbefore you, and shall go and serve other gods, and worship them;

(2 Chr 7:20 KJV) Then will I pluck them up by the roots out of my land which I have given them; and this house,which I have sanctified for my name, will I cast out of my sight, and will make it to be a proverb and a byword among all nations.

The following is what they (Israelis) are doing TODAY. The mystic ceremony, called Pulsa Denura that resultedin Rabbin’s assassination will now be taught in Israeli schools
There is only one religion that teaches voodoo mysticismand incarnations and that is Judaism.
Now it will be official.

Rabbisays would hold Kabbalah ritual calling for PM's death By Haaretz Service
Jerusalempolice are stepping up their probe of phoned threats to murder Prime MinisterAriel Sharon if the Gaza disengagement plan is not called off. On Tuesday nightRabbi Yossi Dayan , a former member of the outlawed Kach party, declared onChannel 2 that he would be prepared to carry out a ceremony putting a curseon Sharon.
Theceremony, called Pulsa Denura , was carried out before Yitzhak Rabin wasassassinated in 1995.
"Andon him, Yitzhak son of Rosa, known as Rabin," the Aramaic text stated, "wehave permission... to demand from the angels of destruction that they take asword to this wicked man... to kill him ... for handing over the Land of Israelto our enemies, the sons of Ishmael." Therabbi , who won't have his name published but identifies himself as a member ofthe far-right Kach movement, says the curse generally works within 30 days.

ForJewish mystics of both North African and East European descent,.,.are heavyweaponry not to be used every day. Not only the ultra-Orthodox but manytraditional-leaning Israelis regard them with the utmost seriousness.] MenachemFriedman, an expert on the ultra-Orthodox , are ways for the powerless to dealwith impotence. "Magic," explains Friedman, "isn't used by theregime or the group in power. When they do abracadabra ceremonies it shows thatthey're terrified. Magic gives them a sense of power."
Invokingthe pulsa denura is a perilous undertaking, for if the ceremony is notperformed in a strictly prescribed fashion, it can strike the conjurersthemselves.

This is how a Pulsa Denura is performed

Therethey entered a dark cave, where one of the holy men placed a copper tray on arock and lit the 24 black candles he'd placed on it . As the mystics circledthe candles , they chanted the curse seven times calling on the angels notmerely to visit death upon "???????," but to ensure that his wife wasgiven to another man. That done, small lead balls and pieces of earthenwarewere thrown on the candles and the shofar was sounded. "The blackcandles," explains Yediot Aharonot journalist Amos Nevo, who documentedthe ceremony, "symbolize the person being cursed . When they're put out,it's as if the person's soul is being extinguished. " Lead, he says, isfor the ammunition in the war against the cursed one, earthenware symbolizesdeath, and the shofar opens the skies so the curse will be heard.

These are not witchdoctors from Africa folks, these areJewish Rabbi’s and the above is not some ancient ritual but something they continue to do TODAY. Cleary the could care less about (2 Chr 7:19 KJV), they be above the Lord while they look down on Him

Edited

Anyone care to guess what the proverb and a byword is? I think it starts with anti something. What is your view of the above?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Deborah13 . I have heard some of that but not as much as you have posted. did you hear of the priest who had bad breath and killed a widow? what about the 3 and the 7? they rabbis see ad 70 as a judgement for failure to follow the torah and don't make the connection.

No I haven't heard these.

I did hear about the red cord that @Sinthesis , posted.

when children step on their parents hearts its a painful reminder of the love of God had for us in jesus. he sent his son for us. to the parent its a lesson in love and the hurt it brings and for the children a lesson in repentance and forgiveness.

Amen

2468justme

The blood in the veins of man does not make them evil or bad nor does it save.... The Cross of Christ and all it stood/stands for is as much for those of Jewish ancestry as any one else.

I doubt there is a person alive who has not put a god before Thee God... might be self, football , kids, money religion most anything can be a god....

Racism is not acceptable here so be careful.

Last edited by a moderator:
something about that cabbalah statement doesn't sit well. the chassidics don't do caballah like that. they are against the use of tarots cards and claimed while the tzaddik may have powers from above to do miracles they were not and seldom did miracles for their gain. they moved as god lead them. the powers of the tzaddik and magic if you will were forbidden for personal gain. ie pyschics and predictions.

I doubt there is a person alive who has not put a god before Thee God... might be self, football , kids, money religion most anything can be a god....

I respectfully disagree with your view of “god”. There is only one whether you use the upper case “G” or not. We are not children talking in the playground during recess, we are adults. To compare this to football demines the Holy Sprite. And please do not take this personal. this is not about me or you, this is about something far beyond ourselves.

Racism is not acceptable here so be careful.

I do not believe it is racists to identify racist acts or statements by others. Shooting the messenger will not make the message go away but I do take your warning seriously and will do my best to comply

conceitedness...

The Apostle Paul warns Christians of being conceited, not so much about being a racist.

For example.. those who ignore the mystery pertaining to Israel are wise in their own conceits.

It's not difficult... straightforward actually.

People know it too.. they just pretend that they don't.

Back