Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] i think I'm being "punished"

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
ugh. thanks for reading this, btw. and a special -thank you- to those of you who keep up with my many, many, many (on and on) posts. wait for it, wait for it...thank you. :)

here's the thing...psychiatry is largely about control. no, this isn't antipsychiatry or whatever, its just...'the real world.' doubt me? go to a state hospital. never been to one myself (only private places, full of controlled substances and insurance fraud), but...

-ugh- the real face of psychiatry is best seen in places of confinement, and then by people who have no voice in society (often because of psychiatry, btw). blah blah blah...

so, you know how I am forever writing in about people yelling and intimidating me and...blah blah blah? yeah, its mostly from mental health, inc. I was apparently labeled as having 'oppositional defiant disorder' before I ever pursued psych 'treatment' voluntarily. truth? I just wasn't wanted in Honors classes (social class issues, homophobia...). anyway...

deep down miserable from being bullied and such during my HS years, I sought psych 'help...'

and now, at 36 years old, I'm labeled a "Schizophrenic, from a good family..."

truth? my parents are now somewhat well to do (read: not rich, I guess not really in the middle class for this area, either) and I've been chronically unemployed since age 17, largely because...

of the mental health industry. this isn't an antipsychiatry rant or whatever, just...well, by His grace, I have more memories, now. funny how involuntary shock 'treatments' often 'help'...other people, by rendering the person basically silenced, a stranger to his own life. blah. :-(

as I type this out, the upstairs people are talking loudly enough for me to overhear. this place is a mix of renters, people living in a unit they own, and people living in units owned by family. the walls aren't super duper thick, but they're 10x better than the rented apartments (all rentals) that I've lived in, in years past. the other thing there, is...

the times I heard mega-stomps? probably intentional. and the click-clack of some lady walking -hard- in heels on tile? probably deliberate. thing is...

stuff like this has been going on since before I graduated HS (I squeaked out at 16, I had to), and it intensified...once I began 'psychiatric treatment.' now, people openly talk about my HIV+ status and my former pill popping, and the labels and...and...

I"m pretty sure this is how shrinks treat -a lot - of people. ever notice the downward spiral, for psych patients? go to shrink. get pills. get sick. suicide, poverty, etc.? yeah...its not "the nature of the illness," it really is the way the mental health industry destroys lots and lots and lots people, every.single.day .

back to the title. a lot of psych 'treatment' is about simple punishment: reward. obviously, my 'treatment' has mostly been 'punishment.' 'rewards' can include higher doses of controlled substances, a less toxic psych drug, a reduction in dosage of the unpleasant drug(s) in a cocktail....

and 'punishment,' in my case, has included: over-billing, physical assault, insults, public humiliation, turning my parents against me, trying to have my parents fired from their careers, sharing my information with anyone who wants to listen, sending a bill for services i did not receive and then demanding immediate payment...

and withholding treatment for HIV+, involuntary shock 'treatments,' and...the lobotomy, over 10 years ago.

on the psychological end of things, 'punishment' has -routinely- involved neighbors being told to 'give him a hard time' (no, really) because I was 'non-compliant,' and...(I was actively gay, till Jesus worked in my life) sexual exploitation, complete with photographs and videos taken without my permission, and distributed to humiliate me. i suspect straight up rape, but...hey, i've been electroshocked for 'non-compliance,' so I'm socially a non-entity, now. blah.

this isn't an anti-psych screed, its just...God is showing me favor by allowing me to remember, being insulted at work with labels from my records, men trying to pick fights with me, people threatening to call the cops on me, 'he'll be dead in a year!' 'he gets azt from the health department!' on and on and on...

now, praise: The Lord lifted my parents' status a bit, spared me, and I had a lawyer in a criminal case related to all of this. I'm beginning to understand, now, 8 years into my walk with The Lord and 4 years after -early completion- of probation, why I was able to get a favorable plea bargain. the attorney spoke with my parents, never with me. all mama would tell me is that the shrink involved had already been cited for substandard treatment and that this doctor is vindictive and vile.

ok. plus side? no feces outside my front door, no one has beat me up, no arrests in over 8 years now. God is Good. God is Love. My parents...come in a not at all distant 2nd, amen.

I think I get it, better, now. that is an act of mercy from on high. In Christ...I have freedom and safety, too. ugh. avoid the mental health industry, if you can. way too easy to get in the door, much much much too difficult to find a safe exit. blah. :-(

ok. thanks. :)

hey. me, again. :)

truth? at age 19, I came home (unsuccessfully) from college. my family doctor probably figured I'd be dead in a couple years (no...really...it was -that- bad), so when I went into get a new Adderall (prescription amphetamine) prescription, he ramped it up from 40mgs/daily (the usual max for "ADHD," whatever that is) to 60mgs/daily (that's not an unheard of dosage, but its more common in...narcolepsy, lol). I think he just wanted to shut me up. He'd handed me bunches of written prescriptions...allergies, skin (my skin looked -terrible- , as one might imagine...), and the amphetamine. I didn't notice the dosage increase till -after- it had been filled. then it was 'off to the races,' as the saying goes...

ramble, ramble. the nurse practitioner kept providing the upper prescription, then a hippy shrink. odd thing? no ativan, no klonopin...'too addictive,' but excessive amphetamine dosage? OK, kiddo. just don't ask for an early refill.

I mention this because I just came back to my (modest, but -nice-) place, and some lady was talking about "Adderall...he'd do anything for a prescription..." blah blah blah. no telling where the rumors came from. truth? I'm gay, used to a be a flamer, and most of my 'treatment providers' were...female. I was just some not long for this world burn out with good insurance, from a respectable middle-middle class family. and now...

over 15 years later, I'm -healthy- . as in...good skin, good hair, I've even gone from 5'7 to 5'10 (no, really) and my eyes are bright and...gave up drugs a long time ago. then Jesus saved me (is saving me, will save me), now my parents are more on the well to do (NOT rich) end of things, and...yeah. reconciliation, healing, not overnight or immediately, like a rerun of Touched by an angel (no della reese and a soulful choir, here), but...

The Lord's work in my life is, to me, truly extraordinary. I am increasing, truly grateful.

blah blah blah...I could have easily ended up in prison. truth? -almost- happened. -shudder- 4 tossed arrest records and one serious misdemeanor conviction later...

I'm law abiding, surprisingly intelligent, and...thankful, I mean that. Thankful. :)

thing is...and I'm typing this out for me, too, because I need to really -get it-, too...once a criminal, always a criminal. charged with a felony, must be a felon. its...the world I live in. maybe some nations are a bit more forgiving or...??? I dunno. I really, really don't know.

not that anyone will hire a former 'mental patient' with a class A misdemeanor, anyway. especially when the background check shows the original charges. -eek- so, "Schizophrenia" isn't exactly a dream come true, -but- ...

-sigh- Psychiatry, psychiatrists...need "Schizophrenia," the concept, and they need "Schizophrenics." There's a whole wealth of critical psych material on this, but basically...it legitimizes the profession, makes it seem as if they're 'real doctors' treating 'severe mental illnesses.' truth?

-ugh- My 'treatment' at the community mental health clinic is 100% covered, by disability. OK, good. I get taunted, sometimes in the parking lot. its...obvious, punishment has long been a part of 'treatment.' my own counselor is professional, helpful I guess (?)...to my face. no clue what goes on when I'm not around. and...

-sigh- the bigger issue is that 99.xyz% of people with "Schizophrenia..." do best on a tranquilizer/"antipsychotic." as much as I hate it, that's true of me, too, and I'm thankful that what's left of the safety net in the USA has caught me (largely because of my parents), so I can get my (generic, but still ridiculously overpriced) "atypical antipsychotic" at a low, low copay. before I got disability, my parents were ordering foreign generics for much le$$, and a shrink at the clinic was -not happy- about me getting blister packs of foreign pharmaceuticals in the mail, so...disability. there you go .

but the 'antipsychotics' have been around since the 50s, and suicide rates and overall quality of life for most "Schizophrenics" in the US have gotten worse, per data that shows that...well, a pill or two daily may help, but the pills don't 'fix' anything, not really. its like having a chronic cough from lung cancer or emphysema, and being kept on cough syrup for years on end. and the shrinks? -ha- they bring their own 'issues' to the table, I'll put it that way.

ramble, ramble...I saw a general practitioner/family doctor, recently. good man. he won't do my psych drugs. i asked for a referral, i think I"m stuck at the clinic because...

a) disability doesn't pay out very much and b) I'm a 'trouble maker,' so private practice shrinks can easily refuse to treat me, especially since I'm already in with the community clinic. -ugh-

ramble, ramble...my life is 110% vastly improved and -good- , in Christ. I wish I could see about a slow, slow, slow taper of my tranquilizer, but...-shrug- I take handfuls of vitamins, antioxidants....I'm not "cured of Schizophrenia!" by the magic of Orthomolecular, but I am doing -much- better, and I do not have major, yet common, adverse effects often associated with tranquilizer treatment. so...God is Good. God is Love. :)

this 'punishment,' the hard stares from neighbors, the rumors and...blah blah blah. In Christ, I have life, and that more abundantly. He has already overcome the world! He who has begun a good work in me shall see it through to completion. amen. :)

its just...un-fun, that's all. -decidedly- un-fun. I am, of course, thankful that The Lord has brought clarity and '...a spirit of a -sound mind-...' as part of His work in my life. I praise Him for His (agape) Love. :)

thanks, y'all. :)

Back