Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

if 98% go to hell . and 2% go to heaven.... maybe God should re think his strategy ?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Source for your statistics? Does heaven or hell have a turn style counter.
Or is this a hypothetical 'IF"? If so, maybe you ought to rethink the premise of your post.

Appreciate you, thesaintman. But no, God doesn't need to rethink anything. He's all-powerful and all-knowing. If 98% of people go to hell, it's because God lets them make that choice and doesn't force them to love Him.

can you say me it
I think the margins are even lower in come circles, like .001% saved

I laughed at a believing friend of mine many years ago when he jokingly said he could prove from the Bible that he was the only one that was going to be saved

It's funny that within many believers is a condemner, lying in wait to pop out and send you to hell for not believing "like them"

yawn...so predictable, the devils are

Bishop Joseph Garlington (from PromiseKeepers) once said that as young child growing up in Philly, his home congregation had the National Mother of their denomination. (Most African American congregations have Mothers that have varying degrees of unofficial authority) She taught that only 7 or 8 people from all of time and eternity would be saved; and she hoped she was one of them.

It's funny that within many believers is a condemner, lying in wait to pop out and send you to hell for not believing "like them"
It comes from the mistaken idea that there is a rigid "formula" and unless every step is done properly and in the right order, one is not saved. And that person thinks they figured out the formula.

A guy I knew growing up ran a small bible store in a neighboring town. He was ordained in the Assy of God and did fill-in pastoring for congregations if they were looking for a new pastor or theirs was ill or on extended vacation.

One day a "Jesus only" person came into his store and was bemoaning the fact that his entire denomination was going to hell, himself included, because Our Lord's real name was "Yeshua," and NOT "Jesus." So everyone had been baptized under the wrong name and there was no way to correct it.

Bishop Joseph Garlington (from PromiseKeepers) once said that as young child growing up in Philly, his home congregation had the National Mother of their denomination. (Most African American congregations have Mothers that have varying degrees of unofficial authority) She taught that only 7 or 8 people from all of time and eternity would be saved; and she hoped she was one of them.

Ouch. I'd go with the Jehovahs Witnesses before I'd embrace that one. At least they let in 144,000 or something.

But I do recall a vision given to Harold Pittman back in the late seventies in which he was taken in Spirit up to the gates of Heaven itself, and made to watch as the saints of God who had just died on earth entered in. During that same time that he witnessed 50 saints entering Heaven, the Lord informed him that something like 20,000 people had died on earth. He crunched the numbers and it was only 2.5 percent being saved. Of course, that was at that time, and back in the seventies there was quite a bit of backsliding going on. I'm not sure if the numbers would be worse today or better, but it does seem possible unfortunately. What percentage of people do we know who are truly devoted to the Lord and serving Him? Not many.

One day a "Jesus only" person came into his store and was bemoaning the fact that his entire denomination was going to hell, himself included, because Our Lord's real name was "Yeshua," and NOT "Jesus." So everyone had been baptized under the wrong name and there was no way to correct it.

Just incredible, Lol.

Will the real Yeshua please stand up.

maymo-the-dog-in-disguise.png

Back