Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study If You Are Sick Do Not Despair

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

dga

We tend to think, that is some Christian is an anointed man of God, and God heals people through him, then he can not get sick. But, that kind of an idea, is far from the truth.

A person can be mightily used by God, and even have a healing ministry, but that does not guarantee, that he can not get sick. God has provided and guaranteed our healing, but he has not guaranteed Christians being unable to get sick. Why am I asserting that? Because of the man, who wrote most of the New Testament, Apostle Paul.

If we read in Galatians 4:13, 14, we can see, that even Apostle Paul was at one time sick, while he preached the Gospel, to the Galatians people. And it is written, that the people in Galatia, to whom Paul preached the gospel, did not treat his with contempt, because of his illness. Now that is a very important principle, for us Christians to know, that if we see a Christian sick, we should not think that he does not have enough faith, to be healed, or treat him with a scorn, just like the Galatian people, who did not treat with scorn, Apostle Paul, because of his illness.

If Apostle Paul was sick, for whatever reason, does it mean, that he did not have enough faith? No, I do not think so, because Paul was one of the followers of Jesus, who was used to see God heal people, when he prayed for them. Paul definitely had strong faith in God, for healing people by prayer, but we do not know for sure, why exactly, he was sick, while preaching the Gospel, at the same time.

So, if we as Christians get sick, we should not give hope, that God will heal us, and it does not mean, that we do not have enough faith, to be healed. Sometimes, we do not know exactly, why some people do not get healed, even if they display a great faith for their healing, and even if they are mightily used by God. But that does not mean, that they should not continue to have faith and hope in God, for their healing, because our healing for us as Christians, has already provided for us by God, by the death of Jesus on the cross, and by his resurrection from the grave. All we have to do, is just accept our healing by faith, and thank God for our healing, because by the wounds of Jesus, we have been healed, just as the Bible says!

MORE: The #1 Reason to Hope and Stop Your Worry and Anxiety

It's been said that Paul had eye problems according to these scriptures and maybe a little stomach problem. Luke being a Physician traveled a lot with Paul.

1Timothy 5:23 Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

2Co 12:5 Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities.
2Co 12:6 For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.
2Co 12:7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
2Co 12:8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2Co 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Gal 4:12 Brethren, I beseech you, be as I am; for I am as ye are: ye have not injured me at all.
Gal 4:13 Ye know how through infirmity of the flesh I preached the gospel unto you at the first.
Gal 4:14 And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus.
Gal 4:15 Where is then the blessedness ye spake of? for I bear you record, that, if it had been possible, ye would have plucked out your own eyes, and have given them to me.

I had to learn to not walk by how I feel physically, but to let God's grace be sufficient in my own life. I have good days and bad days with pain, but my God is bigger than the pain I have. Sometimes the pain helps me to keep my focus on Christ as I walk by faith in His Holy Spirit. Someday soon we will walk without any infirmities when we are taken to the New Jerusalem, amen.

Thank you for this post, it is great to hear a refreshing perspective that isn't, "You're sick! You must be in sin!" Kind of like how Job's friends and wife were telling him to curse God and be done with it.

For someone that struggles with long-term illness, talking about illness can be a rough subject around other Christians. I hide my illness from most people, Christians included, because it hurts too much to be judged sometimes. I'm also afraid with my condition that if others knew, I would be declared as being demon possessed, as this has been the ongoing stereotype for many generations with people of my condition.

I remember years ago being so frustrated with my husband's constant illness (that has only gotten worse over the years) because it often interfered with things that we had planned for. Regrettably, I said, "Maybe you don't have enough faith in God." I can't imagine how much that hurt, because it hurts me to hear that. I have apologized, but still have a hard time forgiving myself for lacking such compassion and patience. It wasn't something that even felt good to say...

Amen to us being spiritually healed inside through Jesus Christ. There's no better thing sometimes than remembering these physical ailments don't last forever and will one day come to an end. Not saying that I want my life to be short or anything, I would very much like to be alive quite some time. I do take comfort in the fact that pain won't be forever when God welcomes me home one day.

Thanks again :)

Luminous_Rose I found this video today by RW Schambach that truly spoke to me and pray it speaks to you. It's entitled "Taste and See" and I really need to put this in a better practice for myself. I've been watching a lot of videos by Smith Wigglesworth, Kathryn Kuhlman and RW Schambach back in the day during the great tent revivals that have seemed to disappeared.

Taste and See

Luminous_Rose I found this video today by RW Schambach that truly spoke to me and pray it speaks to you. It's entitled "Taste and See" and I really need to put this in a better practice for myself. I've been watching a lot of videos by Smith Wigglesworth, Kathryn Kuhlman and RW Schambach back in the day during the great tent revivals that have seemed to disappeared.

Taste and See

Thanks! I'll have to check it out =D

Back