Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

If you controlled the world or were a powerful leader

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
What would you do? I'd be like a really nice tyrant, I would first fix all the problems of the world with force and then turn peace. Kinda like the first Chinese Emperor.

Problems that need fixed:
- Deep sea dumping of garbage
- Religious persecution
- Nuclear power
- Country Corruption

If I was a powerful leader, I'd use my power to force change. But this could easily backfire as that's what Athens did which resulted in the Peloponnesian War. I would also either go for a one world religion, and a one world government.

If I was a powerful leader, I'd use my power to force change. But this could easily backfire as that's what Athens did which resulted in the Peloponnesian War. I would also either go for a one world religion, and a one world government.

1. Educate people so that they don't imagine that benevolent dictatorships can actually work - Eric.

2. Educate people so that they are aware of the various 'world' governing Empires throughout history - all of which inevitably failed and would always fail.

3. Educate people so that they don't imagine that they can impose a world wide religion BUT try instead to promote the 'Sea of Faith' as an intelligent alternative with universal appeal to anyone with faith in God and/or their fellow man.

4. Educate people so that they no longer teach their beliefs to children and the feeble minded as if they were facts but as the beliefs that they really are.

I'll stop there before I make this light hearted thread too serious:nod

Declare the moon to be the first "World Park" and preserve it from any private ownership or development. ;)

What would you do? I'd be like a really nice tyrant, I would first fix all the problems of the world with force and then turn peace. Kinda like the first Chinese Emperor.

- Religious persecution
- Nuclear power
- Country Corruption

Have you read the book of Revelations?:study

- Religious persecution
- Nuclear power
- Country Corruption

Well, Eric, you can stop dreaming because if you are a believer in Christ, ruling the world is exactly what you will be doing as the purpose of the church is to rule and reign with Christ.

Take note that the beast coming soon will also desire to rule the world, and present himself as a false Messiah (Christ came back... ect) Read your bible to see how he operates, and then how real Messiah operates and then adjust your methods accordingly. After all, the church will also be priests teaching the people of the world God's ways and laws.

Have you read the book of Revelations?:study
Yes, I have but the idea of a One World Government is not an idea of evil. A lot of people are for it and even a future Deccan of my church is for a government like this. A one world government would have it's benefits and isn't evil in theory until you add in the Beast and such. Nothing is evil it's just that thinking can be corrupting too.
Well, Eric, you can stop dreaming because if you are a believer in Christ, ruling the world is exactly what you will be doing as the purpose of the church is to rule and reign with Christ.

Take note that the beast coming soon will also desire to rule the world, and present himself as a false Messiah (Christ came back... ect) Read your bible to see how he operates, and then how real Messiah operates and then adjust your methods accordingly. After all, the church will also be priests teaching the people of the world God's ways and laws.
Yeah, this is just kinda a fun thread. I just happened to think of problems that I believe are bad and could be corrected.

I would also either go for a one world religion, and a one world government.
Wouldn't this be religious persecution against non-Christians? Not arguing just pointing out what I see obvious.

Wouldn't this be religious persecution against non-Christians? Not arguing just pointing out what I see obvious.
When I meant religious persecution, I more meant killing and murdering. I would want Christianity to be the national religion, not the required or I'm going to kill you religion.

Well, I'd rule a smaller nation, no more than the size of the state of Texas, preferably.

I'd make a Pharocrocy type rule, which is similar to the united states government, but has tougher spending limits, no allowable government corruption, and protects all life, form conception to actual death.

I'd allow people to have freedom of religion, but block certain actions like honor killings and human sacrifice. I'd also forbade secrete cults and such, because religion should be fairly open to all.

I'd give my unilateral support to the nation of Isreal, and seek a close tie with Japan, South Sudan and Canada, the only nations aside form the Kingdom of God and Israel That I can trust.

I'd also consider trading some products of value with China in exchange for their un-wanted children, and I'd build special orphanages where kids can live a good life, even if they're not adopted.

And finally, I'd construct an elite unit of fire-fighters, military sargents, pilots, police officers, and medical staff to combat human trafficing, drug trafficing, and life-treatining terrorism.

Outlaw lobbying
How would you do this and still make it possible for the general public to voice their opinion to their legistators in a representative government such as we have?

I wouldn't be!

We are called to renounce earthly power, lead quiet lives. We should not be the judges of this world.

Rather we need to be a light shining in a dark place, until the end come.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:tongue></o:tongue>
If I were in control of the world; I would outlaw representative government; in other words: if I alone controlled the world, my domain would be an absolute monarchy.

Cliff<o:tongue></o:tongue>
/
Mine would be similar to that. I'd have myself as the leader and a council of people to help me. However I would retain the sole power to over rule anything the council says.

The idea of one world government freaks me out. Just what we need--one huge, international government completely dominated by the elites. Awesome.

Anyway, I wouldn't want to rule a country of any size, much less the world. I basically just want to have the resources I need to lead a quiet, hopefully godly life and mind my own business.

.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:tongue></o:tongue>
If I controlled the world; there would be no jails, no prisons, no reformatories, and no penal colonies.

Justice would be swift, decisions would be final with no appeal; and punishment would be in the form of fines, restitution, slavery, caning, flogging, broken bones, disfigurement, burns, poverty, starvation, banishment, blinding, poisoning, crushing, amputation, and execution, etc. Whatsoever an offender has done to either persons or property; an equivalent shall be done to him: whether he's a juvenile or an adult; whether he's male or female.

/
"An eye for an eye just makes the whole world blind."

.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:tongue></o:tongue>
If I controlled the world; there would be no jails, no prisons, no reformatories, and no penal colonies.

Justice would be swift, decisions would be final with no appeal; and punishment would be in the form of fines, restitution, slavery, caning, flogging, broken bones, disfigurement, burns, poverty, starvation, banishment, blinding, poisoning, crushing, amputation, and execution, etc. Whatsoever an offender has done to either persons or property; an equivalent shall be done to him: whether he's a juvenile or an adult; whether he's male or female.

/
Where would you find the person or persons qualified to pass incorruptible judgment for surely you would not prosecute and convict the falsely accused.

the statement eye for an eye means equal justice for the crime not necessarily what it is taken these days.

for instance if kill you will i was driving drunk and get one year probation that aint justice but likewise if i steal 1 usd and get the death penalty that is inhumane!

If you controlled the world or were a powerful leader

To really think about this is mind bending! I really think it's an impossible task for a human.

What? Decree 'Christianity only"? How would that work? Legislate morality and ethics? Again, how on earth?

No, a task this monumental will take supernatural powers... unfortunately, we already have that in the evil one...who will prove it moreso "before long"... and then we will have the Christ show us how it's really done right. :biggrin

6) Make it illegal to patent life; e.g. GMO seeds.

27) Make it illegal for anyone who has ever had any dealings whatsoever with the pharmaceutical industry to serve in any government agency that oversees drugs.

As a biologist I would like to say to these points.

Agree +1000

Patenting gene sequences in organisms that divide naturally is tantamount to legalized bio-terrorism.
I don't think it would be nessercery to illegalize all pesticides if you enacted point 27 If you can take back control of the Licencing agencies from the companies like monsanto you can actually get a reasoned assessment and control of dangerous pesticides.

"They are so infatuated with protecting the innocent that they are losing the war on crime. Instead of protecting the innocent, they are, in the long run; actually protecting the guilty."

In some cases this may be true but don't we first have a responsibility to prove they are in fact guilty before imposing our form of justice? Imagine if your own child, spouse, mother, father, or yourself was accused and not allowed the opportunity to a fair trial. You would actually side with the government if they exercised swift, albeit incorrect, justice under the law?

This is not about being a "chicken-livered bleeding heart." I assure you that I am not one but I also don't subscribe to passing judgment without due process.

Back