Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I'm Done with Christianity.

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

John

I remain committed to Christ but not to being 'Christian' or to being part of Christianity. It's simply impossible for me to 'belong' to this out to lunch, hostile, divided and empty religion. For many years, I've tried to live as a Christian but, I've failed. I do not belong here.

I still Believe and try my best to trust in God but this last year has shaken me to my core. My faith hangs by a thread. The more i am around People, Christians in particular the farther i get away from God. I have seen more strife and heartbreaks while being a Christian then i have seen anywhere else.

Because of all this crap i am done.

John - Not a Christian. :wave

:sad

I offer many words of prayer for you, John. It saddens me to think that some "Christians" have become so hostile as to create a religion out of a relationship and lead one of the Lord's Children to abandon his title. May the Father mend the troubles and wounds in the Church.

:pray

Cheyenne made a good point about religion and relationship. It sounds like what you are disgusted with is the "religion" that many claim to be, but in reality are not. Being a Christian is about having a relationship with God. It is about being a follower of Christ and his teachings. I can totally understand where you are coming from in your disgust with others. I was talking to someone about some things the other day that disturb me. The thing to remember is that being a Christian is not about following a group, or a leader, or adhering to a specific doctrinal belief, nor any of that. It is all about following Christ. There are people in all religions that make their own religion look bad.

I know that I do not know you, but if you want to talk at all, please feel free to message me.

John I can understand your frustration. Sometimes the root of the cause of this can be what you are told from the pulpit and also your expectations of Christians should be. If your idea of going to church is what you can receive from it every week you will end up miserable. The key to successfully being a christian is giving up. When you finally wear yourself out trying to do the christian life by yourself God can then use you. The question you need to be asking is not "Lord can I have a better job so i can have a better car". The question you should be asking is "Lord equip me this week please so your love shines through me to others so no-one can doubt you exist." Passing on the love we receive is the key. [u said:
What christianity is definatly not:[/u]
A fairytale where you will be safe from any harm at all and will become prosperous, popular and wealthy.
Gods son was born into poverty and beaten to death for us.

what it is
Away to connect with God, be filled with God feel unashamed in his presence because what Jesus did.
Life is a struggle for us all, but God said if we believe he will help us along the way and give us access to the supernatural part of him so we live with confidence and a happiness that doesn't require everything in life to be perfect.
What he asked was we lay down our self desires pick up our cross and follow his footsteps. He promised it would be worth it.

I wish I could take you down to the Pub and have a beer with you and cheer you up, I don't fit into the nerdy clean cut christian scene either and try not to.

Best if luck in your spiritual journey, I hope you find the right path you feel you need to go on.

Sounds like the problem isn't with God but the fellowship (or lack there of) surrounding you at the moment. Take a step out and catch your breath. Remember don't judge God by the failures of man.

I'm praying for the Lord to comfort you in your difficult time. :pray

John said:

I remain committed to Christ but not to being 'Christian' or to being part of Christianity. It's simply impossible for me to 'belong' to this out to lunch, hostile, divided and empty religion. For many years, I've tried to live as a Christian but, I've failed. I do not belong here.

I still Believe and try my best to trust in God but this last year has shaken me to my core. My faith hangs by a thread. The more i am around People, Christians in particular the farther i get away from God. I have seen more strife and heartbreaks while being a Christian then i have seen anywhere else.

It doesn;t matter what you call youself ''christian'' ''Christ follower'' ect. As long as you place your trust in Christ and Christ alone you will be ok. Sound to me like you place your faith in men or man's system and it failed you. Well it will because men are falling creatures, and man's system were created by falling creature. However I say to you that Christ will never fail you. Trust iis Jesus and in Him alone, and I think your faith will rebound stronger than ever before.

Wow. It has been a long time. It is said that only a Christian will kick you when your down and I have found this to be true. Having said that we should never look at another person other than the person of Christ.

''REMEMBER'' THAT WE ARE More Than Conquerors

28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,[j] who[k] have been called according to his purpose. 29For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.
31What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:
"For your sake we face death all day long;
we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."[l] 37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[m] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

It is said that only a Christian will kick you when your down and I have found this to be true. Having said that we should never look at another person other than the person of Christ.

Isn't that the truth Javier.
Good to see you again Brother. Hope you'll stick around.

P.S. Please bear with us as the kinks are ironed out of our new format...

Have you considered the possibility that the church is still coming out of a dark age, and needs all its saints who can discern that something is wrong? You seem to be one who can see that something is lacking, And something is there that does not belong.

Might I suggest a solution?

Consider; Paul tells us that the Holy Spirit is the reema, the written word of God. [Eph 6:17] "Take the sword of the spirit which is the reema of God;" "which" is an adjective modifying spirit, not sword. The reema of God therefore, is the Spirit.

Consider: The church is promised "another comforter" who will guide them into all truth.

Consider: Paul said that "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope" [Rom 15:4]

The scriptures were a comfort to Israel, by which they would have hope. We have a new set of scriptures, "another comforter" which can guide us into all truth. BUT, Something bad happened way back there in the beginning of the church. SOMEONE took it upon themselves to change the order in which the reema of God was to be studied. Instead of beginning with the first book written [James], and moving on to Galations [2nd book], and taking them inorder, so as to learn what the Holy Spirit had to teach us "in order," He/They decided man's mind [ego] could come up with a better way to teach new converts about Christianity; and that new and better way was "begin with the life of Christ, and move on to the early churhc history, as recorded in Acts, then move on to the instructions of the epistles." Logical, makes sense, makes man look good. But it w3as designed by Satan, who convinced men that their way was better than the Holy Spirit's chronology.

The first result, was that John's gospel was brought to the fore, instead of being last in order of approach. Men began to learn of a different "logos of God"
than the Holy Spirit developed in his chronological presentation. From that, the 2nd century scholars began to develope a pre-existent Jesus who became flesh, and thus began development of the trinity doctrine. The church has been fighting and killing saints ever since, in the name of God. John said that " the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service. 3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me." [John 16:2-3]

Then, when men pointed out that others do not have the right to decide for all, what the scriptures teach, Mathew was brought to the front of the list to be studied first, because in it, they established Peter as alleged Pope, Apostolic succession (Requires eye-witness to Jesus' life and death to be successor to apostle) and authority of church as only one who can pass authority to men to teach.

In all the manuscript collections, the order is now Mathew, Mark, Luke, John - followed by other books. NONE of those were first in the Holy Spirit's chronology. And NONE of those should take precedent over the Holy Spirit's methodology and doctrinal development.

If you follow the books in order as produced, you will learn a far different church.

In 48 a.d. Paul published;
"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." [Gal 2:20]

In 55 a.d. Paul told Corinth;
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you..." [II Cor 13:5]

In 60 a.d. Paul said he was given a mission of fully preaching the logos of God, which had been hidden in mystery from the ages, and that he was to reveal it to the saints, that it is a concept in the mind of God called "the logos of God" which is "Christ in you."
Until the saints quit with all the "denominations" and come together in Christ; until the saints realize that the division is killing the soul of the church; until the saints realize that "Christ living in you" is the personification of the "logos of God," there will be no peace in the church.

When the trinity doctrine was approved as "orthodoxy" in 452 a.d; God pronounced his judgment upon the church by placing the world in a thousand year "Dark Age" which lasted until 1452, when the first bible was produced form the printing press for public consumption. THIS IS HISTORICAL EVIDENCE OF THE JUDGMENT OF GOD upon the divided church.

Forty years later, God took part again, in the affairs of men, when he guided Christopher Columbus to find a new world. If youa re gfamiliar with the significance of "forty days" and "forty years" in scriptur, you will see the pattern laid down by God himself, as these things took place.

When men allow Jesus into their life, so that Christ lives in them, the logos of God once more "becomes flesh" and the saints will be one in christ, as Christ is one in the Father, and the Father will "be all in all."

Consider it and don't give up on Christ, he did not give up on you.

I will ask that you please not use John's thread as a springboard for your unorthodox teachings. I just don't see how this can help John. He needs your words of encouragement, nit words that will continue to enable his personal discontent with Christianity.Take this to the Apologetics Forum. We do not need any more divisiveness, now do we?

We should all be praying for him, not bogging him down further with our doctrinal differences.

Thank You. :salute

I will ask that you please not use John's thread as a springboard for your unorthodox teachings. I just don't see how this can help John. He needs your words of encouragement, nit words that will continue to enable his personal discontent with Christianity.Take this to the Apologetics Forum. We do not need any more divisiveness, now do we?

We should all be praying for him, not bogging him down further with our doctrinal differences.

Thank You. :salute

Why don't you just delete my post and I'll move on.

I thought this information would encourage any Christian who is disgusted with the "orthodox" behaviour.

You have my permission to delete it.

I did not want to cause "divisiveness."

John,
I completely understand. The most damage that had been done to me on a spiritual level was done by Christians. Go to your library and look for a book called "The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse". It helped me when I needed it. Also I would suggest remembering that your faith does not come from anything or anyone on Earth. You believe because God is in your heart. No one can ever take that away from you. Not by their actions or lack of action, their lifestyle or anything else. Hang in there.

Just as a note: I don't attend church and if Jesus didn't teach it I don't buy it.

John....

I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have said the exact same thing. Something to try to keep in mind though that it is not the label of which the world puts upon you, or you put upon yourself in which God looks at. Our creator looks to the heart. For it is what is in your heart that counts. After all it takes faith only as small as a mustard seed to move mountains right? No religion can give you that, that is simply what a little FAITH in God can do. That needs no label.

The Lord bless you, John...

1 Corinthians 12 (Emphesis on verses 22-26)
12 For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ.
13 For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit.
14 For the body does not consist of one member but of many.
15 If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,†that would not make it any less a part of the body.
16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,†that would not make it any less a part of the body.
17 If the whole body were an eye, where would be the sense of hearing? If the whole body were an ear, where would be the sense of smell?
18 But as it is, God arranged the members in the body, each one of them, as he chose.
19 If all were a single member, where would the body be?
20 As it is, there are many parts, yet one body.
21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I have no need of you,†nor again the head to the feet, “I have no need of you.†22 On the contrary, the parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable,
23 and on those parts of the body that we think less honorable we bestow the greater honor, and our unpresentable parts are treated with greater modesty,
24 which our more presentable parts do not require. But God has so composed the body, giving greater honor to the part that lacked it,
25 that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another.
26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.

I guess sometimes I would like to separate myself from other believers, or from the group the world views as believers, but it is God's will that we be one, despite our differences, and that we grow along with the tares who are among us. Just after this section of scripture, Paul goes on to give us hope about a more excellent way in love...which is eternal. Look to Christ and love His body.

Back