Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Implications for God's omnipresence

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

OzSpen

C F Martin D28 acoustic guitar
Have you stopped to think of the meaning of God's omnipresence?

1 Kings 8:27 (NIV) states: 'But will God really dwell on earth? The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built!' (also 2 Chron 6:18).

How does this fit with our worldviews?

7 Where can I go from your Spirit?​
Where can I flee from your presence?​
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;​
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.​
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,​
if I settle on the far side of the sea,​
10 even there your hand will guide me,​
your right hand will hold me fast.​
11 If I say, ‘Surely the darkness will hide me​
and the light become night around me,’​
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you (Ps 139:7-12 NIV).​

Prov 15:3 (NIV) states: 'The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good. The night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you'.

I have a few questions:
Oz

Have you stopped to think of the meaning of God's omnipresence?

1 Kings 8:27 (NIV) states: 'But will God really dwell on earth? The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built!' (also 2 Chron 6:18).

How does this fit with our worldviews?

7 Where can I go from your Spirit?​
Where can I flee from your presence?​
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;​
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.​
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,​
if I settle on the far side of the sea,​
10 even there your hand will guide me,​
your right hand will hold me fast.​
11 If I say, ‘Surely the darkness will hide me​
and the light become night around me,’​
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you (Ps 139:7-12 NIV).​

Prov 15:3 (NIV) states: 'The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, keeping watch on the wicked and the good. The night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you'.

I have a few questions:
Oz
God does not have a physical body. He is a spirit so what reasons would you provide to show it is not possible for God to be everywhere.

The norm in courts, in life is to believe what someone tells you unless you have reasons to know what they say is false.
So you know that God is everywhere because the Bible teaches that.

Why does God allow sinful activities to happen?
We are rational moral and spiritual beings capable of determining whether to obey God or not. God has set a day when he will judge everyone.
He treats us as adults , not as little children needing to be told to put socks on, go to the toilet etc etc.
But it does mean those who hate God do slot of hurt.

God does not have a physical body. He is a spirit so what reasons would you provide to show it is not possible for God to be everywhere.

The norm in courts, in life is to believe what someone tells you unless you have reasons to know what they say is false.
So you know that God is everywhere because the Bible teaches that.

Why does God allow sinful activities to happen?
We are rational moral and spiritual beings capable of determining whether to obey God or not. God has set a day when he will judge everyone.
He treats us as adults , not as little children needing to be told to put socks on, go to the toilet etc etc.
But it does mean those who hate God do slot of hurt.

Thanks, Who Me. I agree with your response.

It is possible for God to be everywhere at the same time because he has no bodily form but is spirit.

So much of evil and suffering is caused by sinful actions by human beings and the consequences of living in a fallen world.

Oz

There is no place to which God's knowledge and power do not extend because He is as finite as the universe He created that has no begining or end.

How do I know this?

Because scripture tells us His omnipresence
Genesis 28:15, 16; Deuteronomy 4:39; Psalms 139:7-12; Proverbs 15:3;Amos 9:2, 3; Jeremiah 23:23, 24

How can God see everything and be everywhere but still allow sinful activities to continue.

For a time and a season God will allow men to make their own choices, but a time of judgement is coming for all.

I have a few questions:
  • How is it possible for God to be everywhere?
  • How do I know this?
God isnt literally everywhere, but he knows everything that goes on everywhere, he is not in hell. But to say he is not present in hell, is to say he doesnt know what happens there in context.
We will know everything according to scripture. Once a person grows more in tune with God things become easier to understand.

Back